• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Skyrim on Switch first hands on gameplay video

Smeags

Can't wait to dive back in. Missed out on the Dragonborn DLC so there'll be some great new content for to dive into.

Smeags the sexy Khajiit assassin rises again! 😽

If it performs well, can it truly be Skyrim?
rusrs1.gif

oatmeal

Banned
This is a great Switch title. Just popping in and out of big games like Zelda and, I assume, this is the biggest selling point for the Switch for me right now.

I'm playing on PS4 right now and the Switch handheld seems to run as smooth as the PS4 version. Hopefully fps won't dip when docked though.

Never played Skyrim. Worth a rent?

You may need a couple days to power through the main story. If you want to do most big side quests, you will need 100+ hours to finish.

This video didn't seem to really give much info. I am curious if the game runs at 60fps or lower, as a previously released trailer shows both, so we don't really know what to expect. Have they released this info at all?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
People get 100-200 hours out of it lol, worth a buy.

The issue is that I've been big into the open-world stuff so I'd hate to buy it only for it to not be my thing.

I've already wasted money on Binding of Issac after multiple assurances that it's really good only to find it out it's not for me.

So excited for this, and I say that as someone with over 600 hours on steam.

This video didn't seem to really give much info. I am curious if the game runs at 60fps or lower, as a previously released trailer shows both, so we don't really know what to expect. Have they released this info at all?

The PS4 version is 30fps so I would not expect any better on the Switch.

selo

I bought this on PC, so I have no idea if this game ran well on 360/ps3. I'm assuming if it ran well on those systems, isn't it a bit safe to assume it'll run better on switch? (since it is a wee bit more powerful)

patapuf

I bought this on PC, so I have no idea if this game ran well on 360/ps3. I'm assuming if it ran well on those systems, isn't it a bit safe to assume it'll run better on switch? (since it is a wee bit more powerful)

it was ok on 360 but it was one of the worst PS3 versions ever.

Both consoles started to have trouble lategame when the saves got bigger.

I'm not debating anything, it's an honest question. I don't know the original well enough to know which one this is.
No, not you.
It's one of those things that should be easily apparent already and still people will debate about it.
I can't say because I never played any of the versions.

Zedark

No, not you.8
It's one of those things that should be easily apparent already and still people will debate about it.
It's easily visible to the trained eye that the footage in the trailer is Special Edition stuff, the only possibility that can't be ruled out yet is that this is footage from another version passed off as Switch footage (this type of stuff happens more often).

Neiteio

No, not you.
It's a little frustrating because it seems like something a reporter should've asked Bethesda at some point.

I mean, whatever it is, it looks good. I just wonder what version it's based on.

SuomiDude

This is going to sell a lot.
I've never played Skyrim before, but I'm really interested in playing it on Switch once I buy the system (and the game releases, which may happen before I buy Switch). A good RPG which works even in portable mode sounds like a good plan if you go on longer trips.

Mafro

I'll be astounded if a Blethesda game ever runs at 60fps on a console.

Shiggy

I wonder how much Nintendo will push the game this holiday season, especially compared to their two other games, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2.

OCD Guy

Can't wait to play this undocked.

For some reason I find playing full size console games on a handheld so enjoyable.

The Switch is what I wanted the Vita to be.

Man I just think about how I'd love a mini playstation that allowed me to play all the ps4 games, remote play on vita doesn't count for me.

It's easily visible to the trained eye that the footage in the trailer is Special Edition stuff, the only possibility that can't be ruled out yet is that this is footage from another version passed off as Switch footage (this type of stuff happens more often).

Its nintendo publishing not bethedesa, no way would they use non switch footage

Top Bottom