• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon 151 - Japanese T-shirts for the adult fan

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
U K Narayan said:
How many Pokemon were there, originally? I completely forgot.

Was it 108?

Man, it's been awhile since I ever cared about Pokemon. I only got into the first season of the show, and the first two GameBoy games.

Heh, I think you're confusing Pokemon with Suikoden...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well... if everyone is requesting specific first generation Pokémon, then I'll eagerly await a Snorlax one.

cvxfreak

To those requesting t-shirts, note that it's a long shot for the Pokemon Center to carry anything larger than a Japanese Large size, which is probably equivalent to a U.S. medium.

Here's a rough scale of how things will work out:

Code:
---------------------
| JAPAN   | U.S.    |
---------------------
| X-Large | Large   |
| Large   | Medium  |
| Medium  | Small   |
| Small   | X-Small |
---------------------

Sule

Those look really good. Diglet and starter pokemon, please. Snorlax could also be cool. Loving the Mewtwo one.

User2k

Wow I was expecting really lame shirts, but those are actually stylish. No one but a fan would ever guess those are Pokemon shirts.

Zerachiel

dragonlife29 said:
It should be 251 :(

Houndour/Houndoom, plz :(

I do love the original 151, though :D They're the best...along with Johto's Pokemon...:D

Lucario plox. :D

cvxfreak said:
If people want these t-shirts that badly, I could help out.

I'll take no-obligation (that goes for seller + buyer) requests for the next week. However, given past experiences of others doing requests for things such as the Super Famicom Wii pads, I'll only buy and send after receiving payment via PayPal only. I still don't even know how much these shirts cost, but if anyone's interested just send me a PM with the following:

Design:
Quantity:
Size:
E-mail:

All shipping MUST be done with EMS, and I only ship to the U.S., Canada, Japan (...this shouldn't be necessary), Australia, NZ and Western Europe. I'd also appreciate a little extra payment to offset transportation + PayPal + shipping material fees (it'll cost me around ~$5USD to make the round trip to the store and at least 1.5 hours of time). How much extra I'll ask for depends on the amount of requests, naturally.

How much money are we talking total?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Blacktin0 said:
these are kinda cool you can wear them and not look like a complete dweeb
2a5jcw.jpg

Waiting on Blastoise.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
cvxfreak said:

Code:
---------------------
| JAPAN   | U.S.    |
---------------------
| X-Large | Large   |
| Large   | Medium  |
| Medium  | Small   |
| Small   | X-Small |
---------------------
I think potential US import sales just plummeted

Desi

cvxfreak said:
To those requesting t-shirts, note that it's a long shot for the Pokemon Center to carry anything larger than a Japanese Large size, which is probably equivalent to a U.S. medium.

Code:
---------------------
| JAPAN   | U.S.    |
---------------------
| X-Large | Large   |
| Large   | Medium  |
| Medium  | Small   |
| Small   | X-Small |
---------------------
Thank goodness I still shop for clothes at Baby Gap!

Jolteon, mothafuckas, that's how we roll.

That said, Articuno and Hypno looked great. Mewtwo is a little obvious, and Cubone is great, but I'm not a fan of skulls. All of them are decent.

celebi23

VaLiancY said:
There are only 151 Pokemon. That's how Dad remembered it, that's how Mom remembered it, that's how the bullies who took my holographic cards in 5th grade did also.:lol

QFMFT :lol

User2k said:
Wow I was expecting really lame shirts, but those are actually stylish. No one but a fan would ever guess those are Pokemon shirts.

For other gamers in the know the result is the same. They see an adult gamer with a pokemon shirt.

Calcaneus

Those are awesome, even though I'm not feeling the Mewtwo one. I'd love one of the Articuno ones though, Awesome blue shirt=on my body.

These shirts are really fucking awesome. I want all of them except the shitty Mewtwo one, but Mewtwo is easily the shittiest of the original 151. Should've scrapped his storyline and just made Mew 150.

RiskyChris said:
These shirts are really fucking awesome. I want all of them except the shitty Mewtwo one, but Mewtwo is easily the shittiest of the original 151. Should've scrapped his storyline and just made Mew 150.
What have you done...

cynlix

I like the idea, just wouldn't purchase any that they have right now. Maybe the Articuno one if any. Hypno is kinda cool....but creepy haha.

Actually, I probably wouldn't be able to wear one anyway. I'm such a beanstalk that I need to buy X-large shirts. So.....no deal :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
they need to hit up psyduck for this shit, yo! Cubone was one of my favorite pokemon though, I might jump on this. how do we know they aren't holding xl? the site has a xl in the check out page thingy... I don't have japanese language pack installed though, nor would I benefit from having it since I don't know how to read it... :\

ausoff2

Neo Member
Been waiting for the site to go up since whenever this news was announced. I'm kinda disappointed with the site to be honest. Its not really showing anything we havn't seen.

Cant wait for more tho

Bii

theluma said:
Crazy bump I know, but these shirts are awesome...

Anyway seems the site has gone, anyone know what happened?

The site was shut down at the end of December '08. I don't remember if a reason was given or not. I think there were only five shirts available (Articuno, Cubone, Hypno, Mewtwo and Kakuna).

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Bii said:
The site was shut down at the end of December '08. I don't remember if a reason was given or not. I think there were only five shirts available (Articuno, Cubone, Hypno, Mewtwo and Kakuna).

Kakuna is news to me.

I'd also like to extend my thanks again to cvxfreak for mailing some of these out to me. I still wear the Articuno one regularly. It looks awesomeeeeeee.

Top Bottom