• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Boot Screen

Ads on the home screen.

Where is the friends app? Under apps until you pin it? Can you boot up to your pinned content instead of home?

Edit: Now I see that its different from the latest reveal, but my impressions and questions are the same.

Even if OP post was fake, the other videos show this is really fast and slick. Nice to see I won't have to wait like a minute during next gen haha

Tsundere

Banned
Even if OP post was fake, the other videos show this is really fast and slick. Nice to see I won't have to wait like a minute during next gen haha
Not all the videos:
xboxone_dash_laggyv5sgr.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kudos to the guy that made that, that is one incredible mock-up. I can't remember the last time I've ever said that before.

Bsigg12

Some forum member also said it happened when trying to switch between Forza and the UI...

Here:

Fair enough. I know from my buddy who's part of the internal beta at Microsoft that the system has made huge strides in actually working over the last few months so it locking up like that really isn't surprising, it just looks bad.

ck2875

Pure speculation: I think that the "Welcome back" load screen is if the XB1 is using Kinect to recognize you/turn on via "Xbox On", whereas the green load screen is... [Edit: fake.]

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Pure speculation: I think that the "Welcome back" load screen is if the XB1 is using Kinect to recognize you/turn on via "Xbox On", whereas the green load screen is if auto-login/kinect recognition isn't turned on.

It

is

fake.

ck2875

It

is

fake.

The

cake

is

a

lie.

—

Seriously though, I do like the real "welcome back" boot up. I'm wondering the the Lion image to the left of the text is the gamer picture associated with the account, or what. Since it appears again in a smaller box after its on the dashboard, I figure it is.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Seriously though, I do like the real "welcome back" boot up. I'm wondering the the image to the left of the text is the gamer picture associated with the account, or what.

I think all those transitions will be gone in 2 years after launch. It just looks too much like someone is putting together a PP presentation for class.

If cold booting takes longer then 20 sec i will just put it in sleep mode fuck long boot times rather pay $2 extra/ energy bill fucked up priorities...

Top Bottom