• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Spazznid

nights2012-12-1905-548mkf7.png

nights_2012_12_18_01_22jm4.png

That actually looks wonderful!

Quoting from last page, because I doubt anyone saw it...

FAKEFACTORY's Cinematic Mod 12.20 just got released, so here goes another playthrough!

FF has put in so much work over the years, it's hard to imagine he does this mostly for practice...

Before people complain about effects or character models, keep in mind that they are all optional and you can easily toggle them off. I play with everything because I like to think of this as a separate game, not connected with HL2, but of it's own. Therefore, I make no comparisons thematically or otherwise. This is meant to make HL2 feel like a big budget film, with all the crap that goes into those, including supermodel characters, lense flares, Vignette, etc. ALL OF WHICH CAN BE TURNED OFF.

ibw6Zh48SKdAQg.png

i32qNFpNo0rSF.png

KyleN

Banned
Awesome shots. What's your config? Doing any downscaling ontop of PS2's built in downscaler?

Code:
[Display]
FullscreenRefresh=0
Maximized=0
FullscreenWidth=3200
FullscreenHeight=1800
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
Mode=Fullscreen
FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
RenderQuality=1.000000

[Rendering]
GraphicsQuality=5
TextureQuality=0
TerrainLOD=5
FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
ShadowQuality=4
RenderDistance=9999.000000
Gamma=0.000000
MaximumFPS=350
UseLod0a=0
OverallQuality=-1
LightingQuality=5
EffectsQuality=5
TerrainQuality=5
FloraQuality=5
ModelQuality=5
MotionBlurQuality=5
BlurQuality=5
AOQuality=5
AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
ParticleQuality=5
VerticalFOV=61
FloralLOD=5
EffectsLOD=5
ParticleLOD=5
ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
FogShadowsEnable=1
MotionBlur=1
VSync=0
AO=1
GpuPhysics=0

And when i wanna take extra nice screenshots i have render quality at 1.4

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
How is everyone getting that cinematic aspect ratio? How do I do it on AMD with a 16:9 monitor?

Finally started playing Rage. Such a photogenic game. Very pre-baked though.
ibuKgRmxsPbNKH.png

iIwCz68wYeFDu.png

Code:
[Display]
FullscreenRefresh=0
Maximized=0
FullscreenWidth=3200
FullscreenHeight=1800
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
Mode=Fullscreen
FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
RenderQuality=1.000000

[Rendering]
GraphicsQuality=5
TextureQuality=0
TerrainLOD=5
FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
ShadowQuality=4
RenderDistance=9999.000000
Gamma=0.000000
MaximumFPS=350
UseLod0a=0
OverallQuality=-1
LightingQuality=5
EffectsQuality=5
TerrainQuality=5
FloraQuality=5
ModelQuality=5
MotionBlurQuality=5
BlurQuality=5
AOQuality=5
AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
ParticleQuality=5
VerticalFOV=61
FloralLOD=5
EffectsLOD=5
ParticleLOD=5
ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
FogShadowsEnable=1
MotionBlur=1
VSync=0
AO=1
GpuPhysics=0

Sweet, thanks for that. I heard the UI is wonky under GPU set downscaling. Haven't tried such yet.

Spazznid

Why would you put plants all over the side of the building like that?? I hate everything that mod represents for modding.

Supposed to be vines all over building, but he makes everything himself in his spare time. It's understandable that he's not made enough different models yet. I can understand why you may not like his work, considering he does it for himself, but you saying that is like me saying that I hate everything your post represents for Forums... He doesn't represent anything but hard work. I have yet to see a single mod take inspiration from him, so how exactly does he represent it?

Either way, here's some more.

iiDR4H9DsYUrs.png

inRsmhkTDG1ez.png

The only negative I have to say about this mod is something that was only just added. Some of the graffiti is much more graphic in nature, depicting caricatures of the Combine raping humans, Depictions (crude, mind you) of naked women advertising some sort of sex trade, etc. Members of his forum are already talking about it and I'd like to know how he plans on addressing it, but it's his mod and as such, is really up to him. Like I said, it's not in version 11, so I assume he was just toying with the idea.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hate reskins and homemade "HD" texture packs and changing art in a game. I think effort is better spent making something new rather than shitting on top of pre-existing work.

Even you admit to having issues with work he does "for himself" and then shoves out onto the internet even though it's for himself.

I hate reskins and homemade "HD" texture packs and changing art in a game. I think effort is better spent making something new rather than shitting on top of pre-existing work.

Even you admit to having issues with work he does "for himself" and then shoves out onto the internet even though it's for himself.

Do you also dislike Maldo's work for this reason? Even though it maintains the look of the original artstyle?

Spazznid

Are you complaining about sharing?

I have issues with the original HL2 as well, you gonna mention that?

Also, I disagree with your opinion about reskins. I don't wish to argue for or against this anymore, I've made my opinion known and also accept that others might not share it. Hopefully this isn't like the whole "ENB" fiasco, where every post inspires another arguement.

The best advice I can give is to stop thinking about CM as a HL2 Mod or reskin and think of it as it's own game.

I actually like this model more than his previous ones. As 'Top model' as it is, it's also well done and he makes sure to giver her little cuts, scrapes and bruises as the game goes. As stated before, THIS MODEL AND ALL REMADE MODELS ARE OPTIONAL.

iR4PTZP00OGmt.png

i8cTLbPhRdQO8.png

Realtime reflections are sexier than Alyx, though...

Loginius

I think he is wasting his time yes, the fact that he is maintaining the art style dodges the other half of the complaint.
How bitter must you be to be complaining about what other people do in their spartime? (and calling it time wasted; AND to complain that they share it when they originally made it for themselves)

I tried downloading that one mod to make it look all nice, twice in fact, and it never seems to work...
It should work if you follow the instructions very carefully (installing the correct dx version and runtime packages is where the most problems come from) and is actually very easy to install.
I have to run Morrowind as administrator in order to get a 16:9 resolution tho.

iX1KJBX9FYEPb.png

ibswxVn1INZxzL.png

scitek

How bitter must you be to be complaining about what other people do in their spartime? (and calling it time wasted; AND to complain that they share it when they originally made it for themselves)

Well, it technically is a waste of time since he could probably find a way to monetize it, but I'm glad he bothered. His mod makes the game run better, so it's a little more than just the texture work I appreciate.

xJavonta

Banned
Rehosted them while Minus is being dumb. And a couple more:

snip
Lovely shots!

snip

snip

Also of note is I'm using Waterfox at the moment, and so far it's a worthy replacement for Chrome.

So far....

That actually looks wonderful!

FAKEFACTORY's Cinematic Mod 12.20 just got released, so here goes another playthrough!

FF has put in so much work over the years, it's hard to imagine he does this mostly for practice...

Before people complain about effects or character models, keep in mind that they are all optional and you can easily toggle them off. I play with everything because I like to think of this as a separate game, not connected with HL2, but of it's own. Therefore, I make no comparisons thematically or otherwise. This is meant to make HL2 feel like a big budget film, with all the crap that goes into those, including supermodel characters, lense flares, Vignette, etc. ALL OF WHICH CAN BE TURNED OFF.

snip
As always, great shots Spazznid!

I tried Waterfox a while back, but ultimately came back to Chrome because syncing bookmarks, tabs, and passwords across my phone, iPad, and desktop was just too damn good to give up lol.

You must be new here lol

i-Lo

Could I make a very specific request for people posting PS2 screenshot:

Can any one of you please post a 720p resolution at medium settings?

It'll be most appreciated. Thank you.

Spazznid

Those shots look stretched.

Wide FoV? I was under the impression that a high FoV results in things near the side of the screen being warped. It's normal for PC play.

What's with this new craze of posting landscape format shots? Looks like ass

Meh, I don't think so, and it's mighty fun playing at these AR's.

Could I make a very specific request for people posting PS2 screenshot:

Can any one of you please post a 720p resolution at medium settings?

It'll be most appreciated. Thank you.

Here you go!
These are at 1280x768, but it's close enough. all settings medium with no blur or fog shadows or Ambient Occlusion.

screenshot_20121219-12nj1k.jpg

screenshot_20121219-1nfkqc.jpg

Spazznid

Hey, thank you so much mate. Really appreciate it.

No prob, the game looks great at those settings, but if you can afford it, add fog shadows or blur, and maybe hit some effects to high.

Also, despite some people's seeming dislike of the 2.35 Aspect Ratio, It DOES help with framerate.

Try a custom resolution of 1280x544 and see how you like it. Some UI elements don't play well with it, but nothing unplayable.

i-Lo

No prob, the game looks great at those settings, but if you can afford it, add fog shadows or blur, and maybe hit some effects to high.

Also, despite some people's seeming dislike of the 2.35 Aspect Ratio, It DOES help with framerate.

Try a custom resolution of 1280x544 and see how you like it. Some UI elements don't play well with it, but nothing unplayable.

Ohh.. no.. lol my computer won't be able to run it no matter what. I made the request for this thread. It would greatly appreciated if you get a few more screens at those settings and resolution from other maps at your leisure and perhaps post in that thread.

You have my gratitude.

c0Zm1c

Need For Speed Most Wanted is fantastic in 21:9, with the extra width helping give a greater sense of speed. I'm not so keen on the black borders but I can't go back now. I'm really tempted to buy that Dell Ultrawide monitor that was mentioned a page or two ago in this thread.

scitek

Wide FoV? I was under the impression that a high FoV results in things near the side of the screen being warped. It's normal for PC play.

I have no problem with the AR, but not every game works well with it, and some people might not have things set properly and are stretching things.

Spazznid

ibmYxxvLNFHh38.png

ibrStzvOR913gi.png

Whether or not the FoV is wrong, my face is 6 feet from my 55 inch (Screw Vision), so I doubt it matters. At that distance/size, I need a high FoV.

Top Bottom