• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

*Splinter

Can you explain your thought process a little differently? I feel like I missed something, and I'm not sure how you arrived at that vote from there.
Ok I see probably-fake claims at this stage and I don't pay much attention. They're more likely than not just people (either alignment really, but more town than scum) just trying to stir the pot. I read the posts but they barely register to me. I don't consider them "events" worth remembering.

Kalor thinks they are worth remembering.

I think scum are, in general, more likely to be interested in claims than town.

Normally I'd vote for a no lynch but seeing as that is kinda of #scumtell I'm willing to prod vote at the end of the day more then just a meme vote

I've been watching, and judging. I've been exhausted the last couple of days though, too much so to do a write up. I've reread the thread a few times, I'll be posting more over today.

What's your context for this? Such a strange thing to just say. Not the advising of others not to claim, but the resistance of town against those claims.

Coupled with this, it almost feels like you expect a power role to claim at day end.

Not to mention this:

Contradicts the above. Do we have lots of time, or only the 5 min before day end?

Dissuading voting, encouraging removal of power claims, while also not discouraging claims. Bad form.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Only the last five minutes Ever matters day 1, we still have plentiful time to figure out what to do in those five minutes.

Oh oops, I meant to add a response to this in my post above...

What is that consensus Giant Panda?
I was pointing out that there wasn't a consensus. Zeusy either wasn't paying attention or was scum trying to find a vote to not rock the boat. Eithwe, not very helpful for town.

Vote: Zeusy

Fat4all

Banned
Burbeting you're being a bit quiet, which is sad to me as i like hearing your (what i would assume are) dulcet tones waft through my mind as i read your posts

just busy or sommit?

when you have time i wouldnt mind hearing some of your general opinions on things so far, now that its gotten a slight bit more active and people are starting to peck at one another

Swamped

Banned

Dr. Worm

Banned
Ok I see probably-fake claims at this stage and I don't pay much attention. They're more likely than not just people (either alignment really, but more town than scum) just trying to stir the pot. I read the posts but they barely register to me. I don't consider them "events" worth remembering.

Kalor thinks they are worth remembering.

I think scum are, in general, more likely to be interested in claims than town.

Thanks. I don't think I agree with your assessment, but I understand where you're coming from.

Sorian

Banned
I thought Zeusy votes were just misspelled zermumu ones, I see I am incorrect now though.

Normally I'd vote for a no lynch but seeing as that is kinda of #scumtell I'm willing to prod vote at the end of the day more then just a meme vote

Or just have a real vote. No lynch is dumb but it isn't the end of the world. Just voting for the sake of it is scum tho.

Sorry for being absent so far.

I see we're off to a slow start. I was tempted to start push for No Lynch since, hey, we've not got much. Fortunately I found scum (you're welcome).

Now we've had a few claims of varying seriousness so far. I don't mind them, in a slow start like this I see them as a desperate attempt to get things moving. I don't take them seriously at all, even Ouro's more straight-laced one (if Ouro claimed a PR later in the game, would people really be concerned about a D1 ordinary claim? No).

So Kalor is scum for focusing on claims.

VOTE: Kalor

Splinter still didn't need to bother to play but he did.

-----

Also Ty, did I answer your question about prods naturally leading to claiming because I don't remember now but my original thought was what a dumb question. We've been prodding in this community for literally years a while gett successful info that isn't just someone's role.

Fat4all

Banned
Or just have a real vote. No lynch is dumb but it isn't the end of the world. Just voting for the sake of it is scum tho.

the more I think about the utility of the 'no lynch', the more ive come to think of it as something that should only really ever be considered in very specific situations, which is to say, i think its worse than just dumb, but detrimental as well. on day one the odds are at their worst (especially with a lack of leads or player interactions), but the small percentage is still much more optimal than doing nothing at all

i do agree that 'voting just because i cant no lynch' is an awful excuse to vote, though. i feel like at the base level, if someone has nothing else to go on for their vote, there's still a few avenues to consider before reaching that point.

like aiming for less active players to maybe try and get them more involved and rouse up some conversations and whatnot

Ty4on

Also Ty, did I answer your question about prods naturally leading to claiming because I don't remember now but my original thought was what a dumb question. We've been prodding in this community for literally years a while gett successful info that isn't just someone's role.
Context context context

Faddy had already soft-claimed and openly stated thinking about claiming feeling he had revealed he wasn't ordinary. It seems pretty obvious to me that pressure has more chance than normal to result in a claim even if pressure isn't directed towards getting a claim (pressuring what made him wanna claim).

Splinter post is quite late IMO. It'd be much weirder to me if he were still posting fluff that late in the game.

Ty4on

the more I think about the utility of the 'no lynch', the more ive come to think of it as something that should only really ever be considered in very specific situations, which is to say, i think its worse than just dumb, but detrimental as well. on day one the odds are at their worst (especially with a lack of leads or player interactions), but the small percentage is still much more optimal than doing nothing at all
The lynch is the only reliable tool town has to kill scum. It should always be used.

The odds are why we're playing Mafia. Good odds means we're in lylo lol

Ty4on

I need to think about whether I have anything else I wanna say before pressing post -_-
Oh well, at least it should be slightly faster for you guys to skim through

Interesting that you wanted to go for a no lynch...seems kinda uncharacteristic.

Anybody else you are scum reading Splinter?
How do you feel about Sorian RN

Sorian

Banned
Context context context

Faddy had already soft-claimed and openly stated thinking about claiming feeling he had revealed he wasn't ordinary. It seems pretty obvious to me that pressure has more chance than normal to result in a claim even if pressure isn't directed towards getting a claim (pressuring what made him wanna claim).

Splinter post is quite late IMO. It'd be much weirder to me if he were still posting fluff that late in the game.

Ok, I guess, I was very clear on why I did vote him and still am. I felt that he was padding his numbers with junk and actual contributions were non existent. There's a line between posting shit for fun and for blending and I think his fell into the second category.

As for Splinter, considering we are still getting junk posts from some people, I can't say I agree. Posts like the one I quoted above are poking through while he is still shit posting half the time.

Faddy

Banned
Ok, I guess, I was very clear on why I did vote him and still am. I felt that he was padding his numbers with junk and actual contributions were non existent. There's a line between posting shit for fun and for blending and I think his fell into the second category.

As for Splinter, considering we are still getting junk posts from some people, I can't say I agree. Posts like the one I quoted above are poking through while he is still shit posting half the time.

Your conclusions were dumb though.

And I don't need to pad my post count, I don't think I have ever had an activity problem and am usually very active in the game.

Ty4on

But you didn't think about it while making your vote?
Sure, but is it relevant when it comes to alignment? I don't see scum Splinter playing very differently (so far) because obviously he's going to "contribute" to look good.
For a player like him it's not a particularly early point to begin playing.

Splinter is cool in my book so far. He's been making some serious attempts at prods. By principle, I want to keep someone like that around unless I have a good reason not to.

Fat4all

Banned
355418_1.jpg

Sorian

Banned
But you didn't think about it while making your vote?

Sure, but is it relevant when it comes to alignment? I don't see scum Splinter playing very differently (so far) because obviously he's going to "contribute" to look good.
For a player like him it's not a particularly early point to begin playing.

Didn't cross my mind in the least and at the end of this whole conversation, I'm confused why you seem to think I cared.

I've also found Splinter scummy for dicking around all day 1. We really need to drop the "obviously people do this" thing. It's clear people don't always play optimally. I think Splinter made some good posts at a time he didn't need to, arguing me on my opinion isn't really going to shift it.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zippedpinhead (2)
Lord of Castamere 332
Faddy 373

Zeusy (2)
Nomadic Sparks 347
Giant Panda 365

Faddy (2)
Kawl_USC 232
Sorian 273

Dr. Worm (1)
Ty4on 223

zeemumu (1)
Dusk Soldier 266

Bronx-Man (1)
Ourobolus 118

Kalor (1)
Faddy 81 186
*Splinter 292

Dusk Soldier (1)
zeemumu 275

Sorian (0): Faddy 186 373, Nomadic Sparks 315 347

CCS (0): Ty4on 85 217, *Splinter 150 292

Kawl_USC (0): Giant Panda 119 365, Ty4on 217 223

No active vote for Day 1: acohrs (has previously voted), Bronx-Man, Burbeting, CCS, Dr. Worm, Fat4all, Kalor, Penguin, Swamped, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 20, acohrs 17, Bronx-Man 14, Burbeting 2, CCS 8, Dr. Worm 10, Dusk Soldier 4, Faddy 32, Fat4all 18, Giant Panda 12, Kalor 8, Kawl_USC 10, Lord of Castamere 3, Nomadic Sparks 15, Ourobolus 27, Penguin 4, Sorian 24, Swamped 11, Ty4on 36, zeemumu 7, Zeusy 9, Zippedpinhead 17

Day 1 ends:
bla_1506290400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

*Splinter

Ok here's the list

Kalor
Faddy
ZippedPinhead
Zeemumu

People voting for these people are doing good

I think I did that right

CCS

Banned
Comes with my usual caveats, but acohrs seems more like town acohrs rather than scum acohrs so far.

Top Bottom