• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Custom made PC my Valve that uses its own OS that is dedicated to nothing buy gaming and can be upgraded? Sign me up.

Shit sign me up too. Consoles are almost there as is anyway. Since I got to PC gaming again I've become a convert again. Steam really is freaking amazing.

Take the Steam Sale going on. This week I've bought:

Portal 2 for a friend
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Bulletstorm
Duke Nukem Forever
Fear w/expansions
Just Cause 2 via amazon sale for 2.50
Sonic Generations via amazon sale
Lego Batman

That's just bought and all for 5 bucks each minus Sonic and Portal 2. Sonic was 10 and Portal 2 was 7 bucks. That's not including stuff I got with coal and presents. Best part is that most of these work perfectly with a 360 controller. Then I have screenshot abilities, friends list, voice chat, text chat, cloud saving for games that support it, etc. All this for free.

Considering how expensive consoles are getting anymore it makes building a PC for nothing but PC gaming a pretty feasible possibility now. More so when it's so easy to hook a PC up to an HDTV anymore.

Tawpgun

HaloGAF that hasn't finished CEA unite!

Multifrogout.gif

and finish CEA

Happy New Year HaloGAF!

We're already over an hour into 2012 where I am and so far the world hasn't ended. Although Carson Daly was just on my tv... so there's that...

Tawpgun

Happy New Year HaloGAF!

We're already over an hour into 2012 where I am and so far the world hasn't ended. Although Carson Daly was just on my tv... so there's that...

December 21 2012 bro.

Take solace in this HaloGAF, we'll get to bitch and complain about Halo 4 before we die.

malfcn

Thought it was funny: Starting to see Halo:CEA copies with no skulls on the box. But There is still a massive case at Target that has ODST with Reach beta stickers.

Happy 2012, scrubs.

I'd post some Halo parody lyrics to Auld Lang Syne, but the night's festivities have left me in a poor state for wordplay. Buenos noches.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Happy 2012 HaloGAF. Should be a fun ride.

Halo 4 on rails confirmed

:p Happy New Year. Knock this shit out of the park!

K, avatar updated for this January shit. I just made it home. Sorry if it's a little blurry or whatever, I'm still kinda drunks lolz

Ah, so that's what the new promotion strategy will be.

Halo 4: The Roller Coaster

Coming to a theme park near you!

- Wait in line for hours (now called "matchmaking").

- Single riders will be matched with a random selection of our park's many twelve-year-olds.

- Coaster operates at a solid 60 FPS (feet per second).

Gui_PT

Ah, so that's what the new promotion strategy will be.

Halo 4: The Roller Coaster

Coming to a theme park near you!

- Wait in line for hours (now called "matchmaking").

- Single riders will be matched with a random selection of our park's many twelve-year-olds.

- Coaster operates at a solid 60 FPS (feet per second).

No black outs(black screen) mid-ride?

Am disappoint, 343

I do not envy you. They will be merciless.

Depends on if the games good or not. If Halo 4 is as good as the original trilogy the love will outweigh the hate as it did back then.

But if Halo 4 is another Reach, the Mayans may just be right. Nothing will stop the rage of the Halo fan.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Depends on if the games good or not. If Halo 4 is as good as the original trilogy the love will outweigh the hate as it did back then.

But if Halo 4 is another Reach, the Mayans may just be right. Nothing will stop the rage of the Halo fan.

Reach proves a point. A Halo game cannot be good or great. It has to be the best there is.

No pressure on 343 or anything.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Off topic for here but I know some of you avoid gaming side like a plague. Interview with Hao Chen of Bungie.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6579/all_that_glitters_an_interview_.php

I love this part of it.

What for you have been the challenges on the graphics side, going multiplatform?

HC: We re-architected our graphics engine, and the primary reason is the need to go multiplatform and get ready for the next gen. The first challenge to abstract out the platform differences and still be efficient for each platform.

The other challenge is to have a good architecture for multi-threaded, multi-core designs that allow us to distribute work across different hardware threads, and have as many things execute in parallel as possible. We found out that even for Xbox 360, we were grossly under-utilizing the CPU, mostly due to our multi-threading design that doesn't allow us to spread the work and execute them in parallel. So we redid the whole architecture in the new engine.

An even bigger challenge is to future proof the engine so when the next generation of consoles is here, we are already pretty good at squeezing the performance out of it. For example, we want the ability to have a particle system to run on the GPU for the 360, SPU on the PS3, and compute shaders on the future hardware, and this requires good design up front.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I totally called it Bungie is striving for a POE MMO, I thought about it back when they talked about the world becoming more than Bungie's and how it becomes the fans:
"The other challenge is selling a dynamic world," Chen said. "In terms of what we think is important, we will even lower some of the quality in order for us to have a more dynamic world. This means dynamic time of day, lots of things that move in the wind, lots of things reacting to players moving through them, and when you walk on soft surfaces like sand and mud, you leave footprints. So basically everything we do to sell that this world is moving and dynamic is important to us."
Unless of course I'm digging too deep.

GhaleonEB

Off topic for here but I know some of you avoid gaming side like a plague. Interview with Hao Chen of Bungie.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6579/all_that_glitters_an_interview_.php

I love this part of it.
Thanks for this, will read.

I totally called it Bungie is striving for a POE MMO, I thought about it back when they talked about the world becoming more than Bungie's and how it becomes the fans:

Unless of course I'm digging too deep.
I think so. Nothing in there says MMO; that could describe the ambitions of a detailed single player game. (It's not, of course, but I don't think it screams MMO.)

I'm buckled in. Let's do this.

Top Bottom