• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - The Naked Sample 3DS [N-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

I'd rather Kojima make an entirely new MGS game built completely around the 3DSes abilities.

I'm not sure MGS3 will have the best of controls on the 3DS.

Vamphuntr

EmCeeGramr said:
pic_03_juf.jpg

PW gameplay added?

If it's the coop ring then prepare to be disappointed. To put coop in PW he presented the game in small missions you select from a menu. This was you can beat them quickly if you're friends have to go. Same way as RE 5, small mission that are easy to drop in drop out. I don't think that's the case. Splitting MGS 3 in small pieces would not be a good thing IMO. Probably the zone you can use CQC or something like that.

Tiktaalik said:
I'd rather Kojima make an entirely new MGS game built completely around the 3DSes abilities.

I'm not sure MGS3 will have the best of controls on the 3DS.

I'm guessing it'll control similarly to Peace Walker considering the DS and PSP have identical control layouts.

if MGS3 gets crouch walking this is gonna be so hard to resist

damn you Kojima, can't you make your games multiplatform? I bought a PS3 mainly for MGS4 and just bought a PSP for PW. I'm gonna cry if this game has any enhancements (like extra story) that will compel me to get a 3DS right away.

Cow Mengde said:
Show me a PSP game with this much normal mapping.

I don't even like Metal Gear and I can see the difference.

Are you certain there is actual bump-mapping on the characters or are the features(such as the depressed cheekbones) are baked into the diffuse texture? I guess it's kinda hard to tell from just a stillshot. But, we shall see.

panda21

oh god yes! I knew this would happen because of that lame 3d viewer thing for one of the psp mgs games.

best MGS game ever and its in motherfucking 3d on the DS ARGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

Damn, MGS3 and Star Fox 64 are getting upgraded ports to the 3DS? Time to start saving.

The ring around Big Boss in that one screen is probably the threat ring from MGS4.

Based on the screens, it seems the 3DS has a rather decent ability to do shaders. Geometry seems to be roughly on par with Gamecube/Wii. Maybe a step down. Far too early to tell for certain, however.

SamuraiX-

It seems like a cool concept, but overall I'm disappointed with this announcement. I'm sure anyone buying a Nintendo 3DS is thrilled, but the game looks like just a rehashed MGS3 with some gimmicky 3D tech added in.

I guess I can't be too disappointed though. I just had high hopes for another grade A type of PS3/360 game, but with Rising still in development it would be too selfish to ask for more.

The graphics are impressive though if those shots are real time. Is that even possible on a handheld system though? And I know MGS games never used CGI, but the ridiculously good quality of those shots makes me suspect...

lherre said:
metal_gear_solid_peace_walker-793893.jpg
pic_09_dcv.jpg

I'm not sure that the graphics has changed substantially.
thats a PSP bullshot. PSP's color depth is crap compared to the 3DS shot and resolution is not nearly that good nor is there any AA. With 3DS being in 3D, it will have an automatic AA effect going for it, so the game will look even better than we're seeing in the 3DS screenshots. This will easily look better than Peace Walker.

Jex

So, you take the greatest MGS and put it on the 3DS? Holy shit!

It doesn't make any sense, but it's blowing my mind!

Peff said:
That's Peace Walker which has a better model.

Even if the model is better everything else is improved in the 3DS shot. Better shading, higher polygon count, liberal use of normal maps and higher resolution textures. Also, that PSP shot is a bullshot, just fyi.

Don

Seeing Snake Eater 3D and Peace Walker side by side makes the 3DS graphics look better than I thought. Now I kind of want sony to announce a PSP2 even though it seems very unlikely.

Jex

brain_stew said:
Even if the model is better everything else is improved in the 3DS shot. Better shading, higher polygon count, liberal use of normal maps and higher resolution textures. Also, that PSP shot is a bullshot, just fyi.

Very true.

StuBurns

Banned
This isn't the whole game I gather? People are speaking as if it is, but it's called 'Naked Sample'.

It looks pretty impressive, graphically about PSP level, maybe a little nicer. People are melting, but the PSP is over five years old, their new system should be spanking it, not hitting par or a little better.

To clear things up, I believe "Naked Sample" is the code name they are using for the interactive trailer at E3. It sounds like the actual game will just be Snake Eater 3D

Jex

StuBurns said:
It looks pretty impressive, graphically about PSP level, maybe a little nicer.

All these 3DS threads are causing me a neck-ache, from all the head-shakeingly crazy comments.

Vamphuntr

I still don't understand half the comments here. It's obviously a port/remake and people are saying it's the greatest announcement ever??? Sure MGS 3 is awesome but it's still a port/remake. I would have liked a sequel much more. Also like Stuburns said, the Sample part is scary.

-Winnie-

miladesn said:
Holy shit! it looks great! imagine BOSS fight in 3D! OMG!
400x240 resolution confirmed?

That fight was made for 3D, what with all the petals blowing in the wind... I think I'm tearing up.

On one hand I'm disappointed that it's not a new game altogether, but on the other hand... it's MGS3 and MGS3 is fucking awesome, it's just a little broken in terms of gameplay with today's standards. If they update it with PW gameplay... *drool*

Red Blaster said:
Don't know why anyone is surprised at Peace Walker looking inferior. The 3DS is coming almost 5 years after the PSP.
Don't know, but its pretty awesome that they went back and redid some of the graphics. Makes me hope that a next-gen MGS collection is incoming with similar upgrades. One can only hope.
Apparently Sly Cooper and Team Ico collections are going to be announced later today and theres a third unknown collection, crossing my fingers more than ever that its MGS with the same type of improvements to gameplay that it looks like the 3DS version has

StuBurns

Banned
Jexhius said:
All these 3DS threads are causing me a neck-ache, from all the head-shakeingly crazy comments.
It's closer to PSP than any other platform I can think of. I certainly don't think it's PS2 level.

Hellsing321 said:
Good god! Just plug it directly into my veins!
imagine what persona 3ds will look like!

the same as persona 3, just like every game lol

Chinner said:
its also possible that that 3ds shot is also a bullshot.

Eh, if it was a bullshot they wouldn't leave the jaggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom