• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - (4K/60FPS) PC footage - Inverted Spire Strike Boss Fight

cakely

Wow that looks ... really good. 60fps makes such a giant difference, doesn't it?

Add another reason on the list why I need to build a Ryzen PC sooner than later. You guys have already given me the component list, I just have to do it.

EL CUCO

Yeah but why would that even be the default for the interaction key in the first place.
Here is the default key bindings
vmkmHT0.jpg

Forget that 60 fps, need the 144 fps goodness. Beta next week I think, get hype!

Is there a PC Destiny GAF? I wanna play with y'all, I'm totally new to Destiny.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its not the best looking game, its not the worst looking game but damn give me lewt!

Also PC beta nest week, can't wait to see how 21:9 works!

Tovarisc

Content is king (and friends) when it comes to Destiny. When you're grinding the same strikes over and over you will wish for more.

If that more is PS4 exclusive strike(s) then you really don't. Those were some hot garbage and anecdotally had most people quitting out of at the beginning.

If that more is PS4 exclusive strike(s) then you really don't. Those were some hot garbage and anecdotally had most people quitting out of at the beginning.

Eh, Exodus Blue was one of my favorite maps to play in the Crucible. Can't say much for the other PS exclusive PvP maps in later DLCs

datbapple

Banned
Watching this just pisses me off so much that not even ps4pro or xbox one x players will get to play this at 60fps. After playing titanfall 2 I cant go back to 30 no matter how much I enjoyed Destiny. Makes me wish I just built a gaming PC instead :(

Rellik

Not a fan of Destiny but just watched that on my 4K phone and it was beautiful, and so smooth. I don't think I could play it at 30 after watching that.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Watching this just pisses me off so much that not even ps4pro or xbox one x players will get to play this at 60fps. After playing titanfall 2 I cant go back to 30 no matter how much I enjoyed Destiny. Makes me wish I just built a gaming PC instead :(

Theres always time

MastAndo

She's quite the looker at 60 FPS.

I really hate that I'll be playing this at 30 FPS on a PS4 Pro. While my PC can probably do 1080p/60 FPS, and I've got an HDR display, I just don't have the set up for a mouse and keyboard...so, PS4 it is :/

Rizific

If you care about 60fps then consoles shouldn't be your main platform. I care, so I built a PC during last gen. Best decision I've ever made, gaming wise.

I really hate that I'll be playing this at 30 FPS on a PS4 Pro. While my PC can probably do 1080p/60 FPS, and I've got an HDR display, I just don't have the set up for a mouse and keyboard...so, PS4 it is :/
PC games support controllers.

90% PC player here. Never use M/KB for anything, always Elite controller.

*Sweats*

I hope Bungie figures out a way to let us transfer characters to other platforms one day. When I build my PC I'm going to need this in my life.

Tovarisc

*Sweats*

I hope Bungie figures out a way to let us transfer characters to other platforms one day. When I build my PC I'm going to need this in my life.

Considering they storage everything in their own custom made backend I don't think it's about not being able to do cross-platform profile if they wanted to, but more likely about MS and Sony not wanting to play ball.

Considering they storage everything in their own custom made backend I don't think it's about not being able to do cross-platform profile if they wanted to, but more likely about MS and Sony not wanting to play ball.
Right, but unfortunately for Sony and MS, I think double-dippers are gonna drop those console versions like a hot potato after a few weeks of playing on PC.

Heh, and people have complained about Nessus (where this strike is) being dominated by shades of red and being too colorful.
I think the colors are too muted in the entire game. And Nessus looks just like Venus, doesn't it? That would be my main complaint about that location.

Right, but unfortunately for Sony and MS, I think double-dippers are gonna drop those console versions like a hot potato after a few weeks of playing on PC.

In that scenario they would still get the money of the base game at the very least.

Also, I'm fairly confident PC will have the smallest userbase of the lot by a pretty decent margin. That's where I'll be playing, though.

Tovarisc

I think the colors are too muted in the entire game. And Nessus looks just like Venus, doesn't it? That would be my main complaint about that location.

It doesn't. Nessus is basically Vex machine world now where Venus for large part is still untouched by Vex, even after they build VoG there. We should see and wander in a lots of Vex constructs vs. human architecture and ordinary caves of Venus.

Screenshot I linked does have Venus vibe to it for sure, just more red and crashed colonization ship.

Edit: I forgot Vex sky construct that is on Venus...

Lothars

I don't know about that, PC will certainly have a good size audience but so will both of the consoles.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bosses that are more difficult to hit, that are challenging to hit. More interesting mechanics that apply to what the enemy is capable of according to the lore. Bosses that don't rely on ads to make them harder. More interesting arenas. I can go on.
I have not played the game yet so I cannot judge the whole package but I hope the rest of the bosses are just as fun as most of the raid bosses.

I mean, this boss is a great example of a more interesting arena. It has three separate layers that change throughout the fight.

Meh, looks like Destiny in 4k/60fps. Big empty rooms with little physical interaction and disappearing corpses. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Lol, this is the feeling I get when I watch it, I'll still try the open beta on pc and hope the story missions can sell me on it. They were pretty cool on ps4, except for the frame rate.

farisr

Umm.... there's something off about this. It's can't be the framerate being higher that's causing this. Is the recoil reduced or something? Legit preferring the way the console version seems right now despite the lower framerate and less graphical fidelity.

Syril

Umm.... there's something off about this. It's can't be the framerate being higher that's causing this. Is the recoil lessened or somethin? Legit preferring the way the console version seems right now despite the lower framerate and less graphical fidelity.

The recoil looks pretty much the same to me from the spot where the player shoots at the wall a few times.

Tovarisc

Umm.... there's something off about this. It's can't be the framerate being higher that's causing this. Is the recoil reduced or something? Legit preferring the way the console version seems right now despite the lower framerate and less graphical fidelity.

It's faster, if that makes sense. Target acquisition, tracking and swapping is faster. Turns are tighter and faster. Recoil also may seem less as you can do more effective control with mouse drag.

Those do change how game looks and plays.

farisr

The recoil looks pretty much the same to me from the spot where the player shoots at the wall a few times.
It's faster, if that makes sense. Target acquisition, tracking and swapping is faster. Turns are tighter and faster. Recoil also may seem less as you can do more effective control with mouse drag.

Those do change how game looks and plays.
Hmm... guess I'll have to try it out in the beta for myself then and see if it actually feels different (the feel of the guns is super important to me in Destiny) or if it's just the 60fps and me not having any control over the gameplay that's making it seem that way.

It'll be interesting to try this during the open beta phase since I'm so used to D1 and played the D2 beta on console already.

I will be playing on my relatively newly rebuilt PC.
I will be using my elite controller, mkb be damned.
I'll even be a heathen (apparently) and play with the standard FOV.

Tovarisc

It'll be interesting to try this during the open beta phase since I'm so used to D1 and played the D2 beta on console already.

I will be playing on my relatively newly rebuilt PC.
I will be using my elite controller, mkb be damned.
I'll even be a heathen (apparently) and play with the standard FOV.

It doesn't make you heathen, it just makes you curious case.

I can't play FPS with 55FOV on PC with KBM without getting claustrophobic feeling and at worst actual headache.

Top Bottom