• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

ReaperXL7

I hate to say it, but this a terrible first impression for the casual mainstream Marvel fan that bought a Founder's Pack. People on here and other message boards understand the fact that it's a beta and these things happen, but the aforementioned casual fan probably doesn't, and it not working when they paid for it will leave a sour taste in their mouths.

That might be true if launch day server problems didn't happen for every single online game that releases.

I'm sure there will be some upset but this happens every time and will likely continue to happen until the end of time or when sever technology changes.

So the only pet class available in closed beta is Rocket, correct? Is he a cool pet class hero?

He's actually closer to the Diablo 2 trapssin, or the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter with Sentry. He's a ranked combatant and has trap/sentry options. I've had a lot of fun with him PC side, but for a while there he wasn't very powerful.

Interfectum

He's actually closer to the Diablo 2 trapssin, or the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter with Sentry. He's a ranked combatant and has trap/sentry options. I've had a lot of fun with him PC side, but for a while there he wasn't very powerful.

What's a cool, fun hero to start with in this game? (and are available in PS4 beta)

k1t4j

I jumped on this but only after some careful consideration.

The 60$ packs were a bit expensive and I was only interested in Cpt. America from the Avengers Pack and Wolverine from the Xmen pack, so I decided to buy the Deadpool pack + 2100G pack it was around half the price of a founders pack.

It worked out the best value for my money as I already start off with a character I really want and have enough in game currency to buy 3 more:

-Cpt America
-Wolverine
- A toss up between Blade/Colossus/Gambit/Magneto

Downloading now ^^

What's a cool, fun hero to start with in this game? (and are available in PS4 beta)

I'd have to know what you're looking for. Outside of peak efficiency at doing end-game content, every character can be made to feel successful in 95% of the game, so picking a favorite is usually the best way to proceed.

There are very few outright turds. I'd say the only character I disliked immensely was Doctor Strange who on PC seemed to rely on having several skill-bars, and felt like learning to play the piano. :p

Ploid 3.0

I'd say go Storm. If things start to get hard to kill you can have them chase you to their death as you pour down cold patches of freezing hail, and thunder. She never runs out of MP, and she's an area of effect queen. She was actually my first character in the game, and things were a lot harder then (the way skills worked, and how she was effective in fighting). She still had her crashing hail, and patches of electricity AOE to litter her surroundings with, but for single target I had to alternate between two skills in rapid succession. Very tedious. Now you can send out twisters, the two ground area of effects, and pull enemies together with a typhoon signature ability. This crowd control is very nice to have.

I'd love to play right now, but I just can't seem to connect to the server :/

I wanted Spidey, but cheaped out and save myself the couple of quid getting the WarMachine PsPlus option.

Jtrizzy

Broke down and got the Guardians pack after spending hundreds on the pc version...looking for people to play with. Jtrizzy is my psn.

Ploid 3.0

Teaming up seems like it will be very beneficial to the console version's early days. Comradery will form, the community, super groups will be very active. Jealous.

(SG Chat, 4 days after official launch)

ScareKrowXx: We're about to attempt red terminal Fisk Tower, need 2 members.

Pock3: Me!!
SConner: Mee
Douggie: Me mem me
Douggie: dangit

ReaperXL7

has one mate, might be good if the console and pc version merged as one OT, current one is inactive

Considering all the information I've seen suggests that the console and PC versions are different it might be beneficial to have separate OTs but that's a decision for the MODs.

Ghost Rider is a lot of fun to play!

Ploid 3.0

Considering all the information I've seen suggests that the console and PC versions are different it might be beneficial to have separate OTs but that's a decision for the MODs.

Yes, endgame Ghost is pretty darn good. Just riding around kills things.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I don't think theyre all that different are they?

GR is fun as hell btw

I'm honestly not sure, I haven't really had a chance to play the PC version. It's just things I've heard in streams today with some saying it's different.

The differences in itemisation alone are probably enough to justify a separate OT, surely.

Out of curiousity, why hasn't the PC thread been moved to the Community forums?

Top Bottom