• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD > Avatar > BLOPS 2 !!!

dwu8991

Banned
The thing about having watched Avatar this year is that it felt like watching a COD movie.
Some of the futuristic military stuff I thought was unbelievable and would actually be good in COD game. So it's great to see some of the ideas of weapons technology in the film being used in COD.

I think James Cameron should get a lot of credit for pushing fps games in a direction to where BLOP2 is going. He manage to create a future world with future modern military technology believable and not over the top.

When you look at how successful Avatar was at the box office, BLOPS2 could become the biggest selling videogame game of our generation.

Pikelet

What? Avatar didn't invent the concept of semi-realistic future warfare, nor is BLOPS 2 the first game to use a concept like that.

The thing about having watched Avatar this year is that it felt like watching a COD movie.
Some of the futuristic military stuff I thought was unbelievable and would actually be good in COD game. So it's great to see some of the ideas of weapons technology in the film being used in COD.

I think James Cameron should get a lot of credit for pushing fps games in a direction to where BLOP2 is going. He manage to create a future world with future modern military technology believable and not over the top.

When you look at how successful Avatar was at the box office, BLOPS2 could become the biggest selling videogame game of our generation.

I'm sorry are you giving James Cameron credit for inventing near future science fiction/20 minutes into the future/cyberpunk in 2008?

what am I even fucking reading right now

The only correlation between COD and Avatar is that too much money is spent on marketing.

Except no food nipples.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm still wondering how this topic was even made and how this logic came to be

Gonna go with Hookers & Blow + Beer due to Cinco de Mayo being yesterday

Drencrom

Love this conclusion.

If BLOPS2 become the biggest selling game this gen it isn't because they copied Avatar's realistic future war technology.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Industrial Revolution to me is just like a story I know called "The Puppy Who Lost His Way." The world was changing, and the puppy was getting... bigger.

So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy -- "society" -- knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.

BHK3

Banned
The Industrial Revolution to me is just like a story I know called "The Puppy Who Lost His Way." The world was changing, and the puppy was getting... bigger.

So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy -- "society" -- knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.

What.

Did ya hear that? BHK3 wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Saoirse Ronan up there talking about revolutions and all BHK3 can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you.

Go on with the revolutions.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Did ya hear that? BHK3 wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Saoirse Ronan up there talking about revolutions and all BHK3 can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you.

Go on with the revolutions.

JaseC is Saoirse Ronan? awesome

Blutonium

grandmas_watch7dfj3.gif

Jackpot

Banned

You say all this as if you're completely oblivious Cameron did Aliens in the 1980s.

These young'uns.

I was hopeful that this thread is not created by someone out of blue, but it is probably about commercial success of the respective products; I even decided to forget that BLOPS 2 isn't out yet...

but I WAS WRONG, I was in denial.

Maaaan! Sure futuristic military games have been done before, haven't they?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Maaaan! Sure futuristic military games have been done before, haven't they?

Nope, BlopsII is the first time a video game has shown what the military could be like in the future, but clearly it's inspired by Avatar, which was the first motion picture to ever depict the future.

It's really more along the lines of Alien/Aliens heavily inspired all sic-fi after it, including Halo. Avatar definitely looks somewhat inspired by Halo's vehicle designs and setting. So really we've come full circle.

Edit: Beaten by OP

Gui_PT

Edit: Beaten by OP

What the fuck?

Is it 4-20 or something?

Sky Chief

But George Bush invented war

Top Bottom