• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Nintendo Switch Ad is brilliant.

tkscz

I can see it confusing people. Some people will assume you have to change joy-con to play specific games. I already see it.

Banned
Kind of half-assed, to be honest. The formula's been done to death, and it looks a little cheap considering they were just moving 2D images around, rather than 3D models of the Switch and Joy-Cons.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I can see it confusing people. Some people will assume you have to change joy-con to play specific games. I already see it.

c6da8a3317d9a2924472957cae72acd46ca4f33ea49181ea269fd94de10d99dc.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wow, different colored controllers. What will they think of next.

I love my Switch but this commercial is far from brilliant

Genio88

And they sell 1000$ pieces of crap like they were selling water.

Edit: NOT SAYING SWITCH IS A PIECE OF CRAP!!!! I LOVE MINE!!

iPhone X is not a piece of crap either, is a great phone but being the first of his kind from Apple it has some issues and it's definitely not worth it over 1000$, i got the iPhone 8 Plus instead

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
It wasn't anything special. Made me think the are selling Joycons that attach to any tablet. Reminded me of those crappy iOS and Android controllers from a few years ago.

I agree with this post 100%. We're talking about the people who thought the DS could play 3DS games just in 2D and people who thought that the Wii U was a tablet for the Wii.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's ok. But there are other better Switch ads. Nintendo changed their ad firm last year, back to the one they had in the early Wii days. They had changed it just prior to launching Wii Fit.

Feels like an apple commerical.

Can see the similarities, but the last Apple ad I saw was really shitty. In fact they've been on a downslide lately. It amazes me how much they've been growing regardless.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
How it s a switch form wiiu era when we are back to using dubstep?

Wake up, they are back to using wiiu style commercials(live action segments, kids being a big focus, etc) since after E3, basically.

SystemUser

I love the Wii U ad campaign where they have child actors pretending to give a power point presentations to other children in their neighborhood about how the Wii U isn't just the same thing as a Wii while actually giving a power point presentation to the kids at home about the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45wUqnmdSA

The marketing for the Wii U was so bad.

This kid pretty much covers it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexd5fkCH_U
The Smash commercial featuring Steve from Stranger Things is even worse.

Zog

Banned
I must be missing something. What's brilliant about it?

I have never bought a console because it has multiple controller colors.

Fbh

That just looks like a pretty standard and generic ad. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it and it probably accomplished what it was designed to do.
But brilliant ?

Also, Of all the features and arguments you can use to convince people to buy a switch, being able to buy $80+ controllers in various colours is one of the weaker ones.

As far as selling the console goes. If this is brilliant then the reveal trailer whas...I don't know...god like ?

Abosay

Neo Member
Damn who knew Uberjakds Whistle Bounce melody would feature in a Switch ad lol

That's pretty rad for him

jts

...hate me...
I like the Switch but I didn't like that ad at all.

It doesn't seem to have any original photography to it. Just the early official 2D renders, colors edited in Photoshop, animated in whatever Adobe program kids use these days. Completely in 2D. The only perspective shot seems to be 2D as well, with some distortion to simulate 3D. Just very amateurish and low rent.

The tune was fairly annoying.

I guess it does the service of showing some games.

Mehhh...

Too much bezel, not enough skin.

To quote http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457455

This is what I want to see...

8VdEW10.jpg

The design and placement of the Home button in the ad/switch is ugly, distracting and should be revised in the Switch XL. There is no reason for the Home button to have a white circle encircling it. Ideally, the Home button should be a single black circle (no white border) with a corresponding circular Capture button on the left Joy-Con identical in size and shape to the Home button;

The look of the Switch and the Joy-Cons would also improve significantly if the Capture and Home buttons were both round and perfectly centered (or at least aligned with the other buttons) on their respective Joy-Cons so that they line up directly under the Joystick and Down/B Button and act as the center button when the Joy-Con is held sideways;

The overall Switch's design would look much cleaner and more symmetric if both the Home and the Capture Buttons are identical in shape (2 identical black circles without the gray/white circle around them) and centered in position, or at least aligned with the other buttons, on each respective Joy-Con.

faint.

Very modern ad. I think it's solid. Definitely some rebranding going on over at Ninty.

Also loling at these "I work in IT comments." You guys are grasping at straws here.

tkscz

Very modern ad. I think it's solid. Definitely some rebranding going on over at Ninty.

Also loling at these "I work in IT comments." You guys are grasping at straws here.

You have a lot of hope for the intellect of humanity, and I commend you for that.

My comment isn't aimed at the ad, but people watching the ad.

Top Bottom