• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Desmond Trailer

D5N0G.jpg

Desmond watching a UFC fight? I just threw up a little...

Welp, we know the next UFC event will probably be sponsored by AC3.

I will let it all pass if they don't go so far to include actually real life fighter cameos in the game. NOOOOOOOO!

Templars control people's brains via MMA confirmed.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
D5N0G.jpg

Desmond watching a UFC fight? I just threw up a little...

Welp, we know the next UFC event will probably be sponsored by AC3.

I will let it all pass if they don't go so far to include actually real life fighter cameos in the game. NOOOOOOOO!

The Assassin's Creed brand (well, Ubisoft) has already sponsored multiple UFC cards.

Zomba13

I know I'm in the minority here but I really like the Desmond/real world stuff. I like the Animus stuff too but I like that everything done in there, all the things Desmond acts out through the ancestors is building him into a super assassin and building up to this big save the world kinda of thing.
Partly because I'm hoping for some cool payoff where we get some cool modern day stuff with Desmond or relive some of the first civilisation stuff (though that doesn't look very likely now :().

Will be interesting to see where they go with AC after III. Will they make a III-2 and 3 like for Ezio? Will they get through Desmond ASAP and get away from the end of the world stuff so they can just focus on one shot games spanning all of Earth and history?

Jacobi

Banned
I know I'm in the minority here but I really like the Desmond/real world stuff. I like the Animus stuff too but I like that everything done in there, all the things Desmond acts out through the ancestors is building him into a super assassin and building up to this big save the world kinda of thing.
Partly because I'm hoping for some cool payoff where we get some cool modern day stuff with Desmond or relive some of the first civilisation stuff (though that doesn't look very likely now :().
Yup, it kinda reminds me of Eternal Darkness

I hope there aren't too many or any desmond sections in first person like they were in the last game. there shouldn't be, but who knows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have no interest in the Desmond over arching story, but I do want to see a modern AC.

But at the same time, I never want them to stop making historical games. Basically, the end of Desmond's story needs to be a Desmond game then release some completely unrelated Cold War Assassin game after that

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I actually like Desmond's story a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing some resolution to it in AC3...or at least some significant development.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think with AC, you fall into one of two camps, and there's no inbetween.

You are like my friend and you are most interested in the world Desmond lives in and all the conspiracy theory stuff.

You are like me, and you just really enjoy the historical recreations that let you explore places in time you would never get to see in person.
Obviously you can enjoy both, but I think everyone has a clear favorite which is why I think they've dragged their feet so long on a Desmond game. That and all that money.

iNvid02

the desmond plot has gotten pretty crazy over the years, and his face has changed numerous times, but watching that was pretty cool. at least it can finally end now

So like... this is lol worthy but Deus Ex HR, Watch Dogs, Bioshock, and others keep their cool cards why?

I'm not bitter, I just don't get how an alternate reality sci-fi/history setting and plot could be so alienating. You all would have done naughty shit to see this marriage in a movie or tv series. But all of a sudden, it's laughable? I sure hope none of you are taking it too seriously...

AGITΩ

Hype, the Wii U version wait is gonna kill me.
The Desmond part of the story is really what I'm most looking forward to in ACIII because of the build up with Brohood and Revelations.

Yuripaw

Banned
That trailer really does confirm to me that Revelations looked like nothing but filler. That trailer covers all the important Desmond parts of the previous games, and I already knew all of that stuff without ever playing Revelations.

Forkball

That trailer really does confirm to me that Revelations looked like nothing but filler. That trailer covers all the important Desmond parts of the previous games, and I already knew all of that stuff without ever playing Revelations.

Storywise, Revelations was mostly to wrap up Ezio's tale. There was quite a bit of optional Desmond stuff though, especially his interactions with Subject 16.

iNvid02

on the desmond front ya, but you left ezio hanging, revelations was a great ending for his story, worth playing if you were invested in the character at all

AGITΩ

Depends really on how much you care about the Non-Desmond Story. Wrapped up Ezio and Altair's Storylines very nicely I thought. It had the most Character development I've seen for both of them and really gave them more humanity. Made me actually go back and give AC1 another shot and beat it, just because I liked the depth brought to his character in ACR. Plus the ending was very impactful, at least to me.

I love Revelations in terms of story. The Desmond stuff is interesting but ultimately disappointing. I was wishing for more with Subject 16 and it was implied that Desmond would have an entire city/area to play around in (designed like the virtual reality rooms in AC2/ACB) but the ultimate realization of those segments sucked.

Though in terms of story, it was fantastic for Ezio and Altair's tales. I liked that they tried to tackle themes like getting older and searching for more in life. In Ezio's case, they showed his desire for a life beyond vengeance. Altair's story meanwhile was even more tragic and we witnessed his exile, return, and then his death (that bummed me out, man). On a personal level for the Assassins, it was a great send-off. I loved being able to witness the entire life of Ezio and the huge moments in Altair's and the change. Say what you will about the insanity of the AC series overarching storyline, but I think they do character development really well. It's one of the few games that we get to see a character's entire life, birth to death (in that CG short film included with ACR).

19j6f.jpg

altairrju91.jpg

I love Revelations in terms of story. The Desmond stuff is interesting but ultimately disappointing. I was wishing for more with Subject 16 and it was implied that Desmond would have an entire city/area to play around in (designed like the virtual reality rooms in AC2/ACB) but the ultimate realization of those segments sucked.

Though in terms of story, it was fantastic for Ezio and Altair's tales. I liked that they tried to tackle themes like getting older and searching for more in life. In Ezio's case, they showed his desire for a life beyond vengeance. Altair's story meanwhile was even more tragic and we witnessed his exile, return, and then his death (that bummed me out, man). On a personal level for the Assassins, it was a great send-off. I loved being able to witness the entire life of Ezio and the huge moments in Altair's and the change. Say what you will about the insanity of the AC series overarching storyline, but I think they do character development really well. It's one of the few games that we get to see a character's entire life, birth to death (in that CG short film included with ACR).

19j6f.jpg

altairrju91.jpg

Yup, Revelations was a marvelous game imo. My favourite in the series easily, followed by the second. Best gameplay, best story, and most of all, the best soundtrack imo. Lorne Balfe made Revelations' score even better than what Jesper Kyd could have done by himself, and listening to some themes from AC3 I have complete faith in his abilities. :)

I don't like Desmond's story esp since AC2, looks like aliens are finally gonna invade Earth now.

Hey man, get it right.

A freak solar flare is gonna torch the earth on the Mayan Doomsday Date and the only way to stop it is some sciencey magic shit created by a telepathic precursor race. Aliens. Pft. So outlandish.

AGITΩ

Hey man, get it right.

A freak solar flare is gonna torch the earth on the Mayan Doomsday Date and the only way to stop it is some sciencey magic shit created by a telepathic precursor race. Aliens. Pft. So outlandish.

And even then in Revelations they told Desmond that there was no Guarantee that their idea would work..after all, they didn't survive.

So Everyone dies ending? or a

Nothing is true, everything is permitted, solar flare was a CONSPIRACY by the First Civ the WHOLE TIME. Vault just uses Desmond's DNA to revive all First Civ people.

AGITΩ;43396394 said:
And even then in Revelations they told Desmond that there was no Guarantee that their idea would work..after all, they didn't survive.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted, solar flare was a CONSPIRACY by the First Civ the WHOLE TIME. Vault just uses Desmond's DNA to revive all First Civ people.

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That'd be a hell of a twist.

Leeness

AGITΩ;43396394 said:

....My god. WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!

Maybe.

Effect

Seems interesting. Getting AC3 but always been curious about the stuff that didn't have to deal with the actual gameplay once I finally found out how the game was structured and that it had a scifi angle to it.

AGITΩ;43396394 said:

Well then, this would be a good way to bypass 2012, and continue to release games for the franchise.

Minamu

I don't understand the ending of the video when they say that Desmond has been captured?
Didn't Revelations end with Desmond back with his buddies in a white van, having found some new place to explore in the mountains or something?

iNvid02

I don't understand the ending of the video when they say that Desmond has been captured?
Didn't Revelations end with Desmond back with his buddies in a white van, having found some new place to explore in the mountains or something?

i cant see anything about captured? he's been lead to that "long lost place"

rev ended with desmond
waking up from the animus coma saying something like "i know what we have to do next"
i think you've confused it with the ACB

Whoa I didn't know the PS3 version had an hour of exclusive content.

I have just switched my preorder from the 360 to the PS3.

I'm guessing this is content on the disk, or provided as a code in the box?

im guessing on disc or free to download from the PS store - thats how they did it for ACB's free copernicus mission, but this seems much more than that so i guess disc.

Whoa I didn't know the PS3 version had an hour of exclusive content.

I have just switched my preorder from the 360 to the PS3.

I'm guessing this is content on the disk, or provided as a code in the box?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Storywise, Revelations was mostly to wrap up Ezio's tale. There was quite a bit of optional Desmond stuff though, especially his interactions with Subject 16.

The ending with Ezio entering the library and being with Altair was incredible.

isn't the captured part what happenned in AC1 ?
Desmond was captured by abstergo and then freed in AC2

AGITΩ

The ending with Ezio entering the library and being with Altair was incredible.

it was, music accompaniment was so good too. Though it was confirmed that the Apple at the end of revelations was taken by Abstergo, when Ezio removed his weapons, hidden blade as one of them, would that be the same Hidden blade Lucy gave Desmond in 2..or was it Brohood?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
AGITΩ;43405338 said:
it was, music accompaniment was so good too. Though it was confirmed that the Apple at the end of revelations was taken by Abstergo, when Ezio removed his weapons, hidden blade as one of them, would that be the same Hidden blade Lucy gave Desmond in 2..or was it Brohood?

It would be Brotherhood. But would that blade really be Ezio's?

Also, I don't remember reading that Revelation's ending with the apple was one that was captured by Abstergo. Need to check that out.

Top Bottom