• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Hope you're excited about the rise of the Great Australian Empire!

The fact that they chose John Curtin over Menzies or Howard makes me happy knowing somewhere a Young Lib. is stamping his feet up and down throwing a tantrum at the slight.

Yeah :)

And given current politics really nice to see Curtin there. Wonder how that decision was made.

Guess they could have chosen Gough to annoy a few more.

Maddrical

Hey lads, has anyone found Nioh for a decent price? I haven't seen it below $89 as of yet and also been sold out at the JBs I've looked in. Given that it's low in stock I don't think shops are willing to lower the price anytime soon.

Curtin served as Prime Minister during World War 2. I'm guessing it's got something to do with that.

Probably and he was voted the best PM since 1939 in a study a while back. He was also the father of social services in Australia, I imagine Australia would be quite different if he hadn't died so early. I suppose the only other candidate would have been John Monash.

It's $79.95 on the Australian PlayStation Store, so I'm hoping we see it for $69 from one of the retailers. I was totally ambivalent on it (Guerrilla Games tending to struggle with gameplay), but the glowing reviews have piqued my interest now.

Rep, when do you think push-start might have a bargain guide up (no pressure)?

Got it cheaper from the superior US store, so i'll be playing it early as well :p

If this doesn't come with appropriate regional pricing I'm going to flip.

Oh well not like I buy anything full price from steam directly anymore.

pretty much this tho once they add an AUD currncy option i doubt the prices will simply fall in to place or tho they might have to for some of the games !

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm just going to walk in come March 3rd and see if Big W has a Neon Switch, otherwise I'll wait for next batch or just online purchase it. Can't say no to even a 5% employee discount.

Jintor

Everyone's leaving my firm... Pretty scared. Not necessarily for condition related things but the amount of work that's going to come down might just destroy me...

(Which is why I was still looking for work earlier, if you remember)

Everyone's leaving my firm... Pretty scared. Not necessarily for condition related things but the amount of work that's going to come down might just destroy me...

(Which is why I was still looking for work earlier, if you remember)

Mass exits are generally not a good sign.

Jintor

Man it's been a fucking rollercoaster of a day.

I thought I'd be alright until the switch came out at least but I'm seriously beginning to have my doubts.

Cerity

Finally back home. South Korea was a blast, highly recommend it to anyone.

Seoul was a blast, could have easily spent a month, if not more just exploring the city and trying out all the food. The palaces and shrines were cool as heck - right in the middle of the city too, cheonggyecheon stream was a ridiculously cool walk, even in the winter. Dongdaemun night markets are sheer insanity. The Namsan hanok village was cool - Bukchon was way too crowded with schoolgirls(?) dressing up in hanbok and all the random photoshoots with what I assume to be celebs. Had a real Venice moment there.

A DMZ trip is definitely something everything should experience once, though the infiltration tunnels should only be tried once. We were super lucky in a way, both sides were super tense and there were quite a few hold ups while we were in the JSA/MDL. Dudes running all over the place at points.

Busan is also crazy, I could live off the seafood there. Haeundae beach really reminded me of the GC, except people actually feed the seagulls. Gamcheon cultural village is definitely a site to see and Beomeosa Temple is stunning - such a change of pace from the inner city.

Jeju island is just breathtaking, just the climb up of Seongsan Ilchulbong makes it easy to see why it's world heritage spot. The view from the peak and the walk down even more so. The walk through the lava tubes is also another really cool walk. Too bad we didn't really plan ahead here, we should have hired a car but none of us had international drivers permits. Google maps is messed up in Korea and the busses come every hour or so, we ended up waiting around a fair bit unnecessarily. Still, amazing place. The black pork is probably the best pork I've had too.

Very easy to get by with no knowledge in the language either. The most trouble we had was when we wondered into restaurants where the menu's didn't have pictures, the rest of the time we were all good. I had more trouble with people mistaking me for Korean (asian but I don't particularly look like I'm from any one country), quite a few older people asking me for directions on the subway and even younger people in restaurants giving me a big spiel about their favourite foods there.

Definitely heading back at some point in the future - probably when it's not so cold. I've got a soft spot for all the angry ajumma's and I love makgeolli now. Already eyeing up a japan trip at the end of the year though.

So looks like we're doing a Thailand trip in SEP/OCT with just the parents from our group of friends, so far 4 couples are leaving their kids behind for a week. Any recommendations on where to stay say north or south of Patong?

Dmax3901

I called JB HI FI asking if they'd price match the Big W Zelda + Switch bundle and he said too early to say.

When I asked if they'd have an idea sometime next week he basically said he had no idea and there's still much they don't know about the Switch lol.

Tektonic

So looks like we're doing a Thailand trip in SEP/OCT with just the parents from our group of friends, so far 4 couples are leaving their kids behind for a week. Any recommendations on where to stay say north or south of Patong?

Kata Beach is not as tacky as Patong. Unless you like tacky. Karon is in between.

Edit#

Cerity

Drove past some NBN guys on my street this morning so I decided to check out when it was going to be available. The NBN site isn't well optimised for bigger screens lol. Granted it's not as noticeable on a 1080p screen but it's super noticeable on my 1440p screen and probably even moreso on a 4K screen.

Lj1iZeTg.jpg

I know it's nitpicking but still, these guys are meant to be building part of australia's future.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hey all. So I moved to Aus recently and I'm wondering two quick things.

Why does all tv have weird motion interpolations? I've tried googling this to no avail, but everything from movies to tv shows through foxtel or over the air stuff has it.

Also, why is is so hard to find movie release dates? Im trying to find out when Get Out comes out.

Why does all tv have weird motion interpolations? I've tried googling this to no avail, but everything from movies to tv shows through foxtel or over the air stuff has it.

Also, why is is so hard to find movie release dates? Im trying to find out when Get Out comes out.
I don't know about the TV motion thing.

Get Out comes out on the 4th of May. I googled Get Out Hoyts (Hoyts being one cinema) and it says on their page.

Movie distributors here are fucking awful.
John Wick 2 comes out here same day as Blu Ray in the US.
LEGO Batman movie delayed.

I don't watch TV here sorry!

senahorse

The official nintendo case comes with one if that helps. I will just roll with the pack in and once something special comes along move to that.

MoonGred

I'm hoping Nintendo will release a glass one, I can't go back to this flimsy plastic ones!

Does anyone know if EB games will pricematch Zelda at midnight launch?

It's a setting on TV which people love for some reason and TV's ship with it on by default which means your parents and every commercial TV you see in public will still have it turned on. Motionflow or frame interpolation. Basically it takes the broadcast frequency and blends two frames to make a new one (or more) between the two to make it looks smoother. It also looks like shit. If that is what you are talking about.

Quasar

I'm not sure I know what that even is.

I know we've already been through this, but this just still baffles me especially considering the statements from Roadshow in the past.
Roadshow aren't the distributors in Australia, plus the movie isn't exactly a big deal (compared to the Marvels of the film world).

T2 Trainspotting came out in January in the UK, last week here, and the end of March in the US. So it's not just Australia getting things "late". Dumb since we have digital projection, but hardly unheard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom