• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 508

Eat shit Jun.

Prison School 243

What will Chiyo think of him with a rope around his neck and a boner in his pants?
Will it speak to her inner sadist?

And he was close to the relevation regardings Hana-san. Shame.

Numb

That's some short prejudice coming out.

Even the girl is not taller than me. Dont worry im also looking down on the tall her. Still fine tho
full

The Miniature Garden of Twindle 3
Rest in petals. The chronology's a little odd, but I appreciate the insight into the gardeners' relationship after its mention last chapter. They're an intriguing potential pairing, but I'd have a hard time supporting it if Nicola's disdain for people is genuine and/or he's mainly just interested in her magic. Gizel's a sweetheart in comparison, aside from her mild sibling jealousy.

Numb

Happiness 1-25

Aint no happiness here
Jesus this MC has made me readjust my standard on how much someone can be a useless wuss/bitch/punk
If only the latest chapter wasnt as interesting as to the plot and everything i would have dropped it.And its monthly too. Yuck

Mousou Telepathy 177

Shortest love rival in history
Did you just back off after making more progress in 5 chapters than your rival managed in 177?
SMDH!!!!!

giphy.gif

hungry marie 1

Well, this was pretty good, I thought it was consistently funny. Definitely my favorite of the new manga so far. Didn't expect the end though.

gintama 624

lol. Denied of a flashback inside of his own flashback. Harsh.

Mousou Telepathy 157 - 177

New guy didn't stand a chance. Though I'm sure he won't be going away.

Revo

Gunka no Baltzar 42

No way he was ever going to abandon his students.
The information absorbing scene was nice.

wamberz1

Hungry Marie 1

Loved it, my favourite of the jump starters so far. With that said, I'm going to give it a few more chapters before deciding if I actually am going to follow it or not. It's kind of difficult to judge any of these based on their 1st chapters alone. It's like watching the first half of a TV show... You get all the set up but none of the execution (in most cases at least).

The part that really got me though
was when he confesses, says he feels like he was struck by lightning only for the next page to reveal he was actually struck by lightning. Something about the flow of the panels really helped the gag.

That said, the fact that all these characters look so similar to Beelzebub characters hurts my soul :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tomo-chan

OH SHI--Jun's making it look like that.

Come on Tomo, if you strike now you can seal the deal! Go on offence!

Tokyo Ghoul re: Ch114: So... that was erm... strange, stripperiffic even.

Pumpkin Scissors Ch45: Another solid chapter. Though as members on other forums stated: I wonder exactly what they did to turn him into such a monster

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 7

Mini-chapter this time, showing what the less important idols were doing during the photoshoot. Not a lot, it turns out. If this series is largely going to focus on the more popular characters (i.e. Arisu/Momoka) then I'm fine with that, but at the same time some development for the other girls wouldn't go amiss.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch509

He really likes to pop up at convenient times. I wonder how he does it...

Horimiya ch71.6

As usual Sengoku gets the short end of the stick.

Revo

Hungry Marie 1

I hope there isn't too much genderbender humor after the first few chapters. Otherwise, really hoping this sticks around for awhile.

I really like that all of Nihei's works probably take place in the same universe, just at different times. I think Blame! is the end of his universes.

Tomo 508

Jun, you don't deserve her.

Vinland Saga 136

Eyepatch guy sure is an insidious motherfucker.

And seriously fuck this spear dude, he's such a cock.

Mai Ball 79

Yuss, time to get fucked other time. I'm gonna love them showing this team up, we finally have two villains for once and not just "really love sports" other teams. Still...super tall, muscular tan girl...mmm...

Alice in Borderland 62

Yup, played out just how I thought. REALLY glad that he was drugged and that all of the queen's stuff was suggestion and bullshit because that makes the game so much better as well as all the explanations they gave would've soured the series. The point isn't that there's an answer, it's that he found an answer and it's her.

Kaguya 54

KEEP TAKING THOSE L'S FUJIWARA

FUCKING TAKE IT

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kaguya 54
Bullied Fujiwara gave us best face. You know what. More of this plzz

Prison school latest
That moment when you realize Kiyoshi awaken to his fetish

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 524

Acnologia so edgy.
August too.

Mai Ball 79

Diving is the worst.
And I don't think a motivational headbutt with that kind of force is healthy in the long run.

Interesting: A chart of all of the Jump series since 2010 and how they lasted

While cool, it's also somewhat soul destroying as there's like 3/4 series on there that I'm reading, which i didn't realised where dead, dead, dead, due to how slow the translations are.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 90-211 (END)
Finally read it in one sitting. I remember liking it a LOT when I first read it a few years ago (you should still be able to read what I wrote at the time in one of the older Manga OT), but grew a little bored after the first story milestone
the first ceremony

Globally I felt rather satisfied from the ending
unecessary plot twist and deus ex machina nonwithstanding
but for me this manga suffers from the same flaws as Fairy Tail does : for each interesting idea/trope introduced, there's a buttload of rage-inducing things.

So all in all, I didn't regret reading it as I really enjoyed it at first and wanted to see how the story would go, but I wouldn't recommend reading it.

Plus Odagiri's the best girl.

Maybe the mangaka of Yamada-kun can now start another manga that will last a couple years and end in the most unsatisfying manner fucking possible

Finally read it in one sitting. I remember liking it a LOT when I first read it a few years ago (you should still be able to read what I wrote at the time in one of the older Manga OT), but grew a little bored after the first story milestone
the first ceremony

but for me this manga suffers from the same flaws as Fairy Tail does : for each interesting idea/trope introduced, there's a buttload of rage-inducing things.

So all in all, I didn't regret reading it as I really enjoyed it at first and wanted to see how the story would go, but I wouldn't recommend reading it.

Wait, Yamada ended?! Time to finish it since I already caught up on Magi

Sandfox

the first ceremony

Well it had a better ending than Yankee-Kun To Megane-Chan at least.

Top Bottom