• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaving games inside the system (thoughts?)

Fbh

There's basically allways a disk in my Ps4 and a cartridge in my Switch. I'll only take them out to swap them with a new game.
Even if I'm playing a digital game, I'll just leave the disc/cartridge of the last physical game I payed in the console .

I finished Persona 5 like 2 months ago and my next purchases were all digital...so the disc is still in my Ps4.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Leaving discs in MAY be an issue - however I always leave them in and never had a problem.

I can't see leaving game carts in a problem at all...

meerak

Errr

I hope it doesn’t matter as SFV was pretty much the last physical I bought and it’s been in my PS4 since March 2016..

Hissing Sid

+1 for this

Or put the disk in a little pile of recently used discs on the side

Gawd, you stack your game discs naked?

I feel ill.

So the first disc, the one at the bottom of the pile of shame, do you.. do you rest the readable side on something or just plonk the disc down on a random surface?

I gots to know.

SirNinja

I always leave discs in. Don't move my consoles around much, so no real risk of disk scratching.

For stuff like 3DS, I always have a card in the slot. Don't want dust getting in there.

Susurrus

I've never not had a game in my 3DS except the small space of time when I'm changing games, which is rare. Pokemon Black has been in my 3DS for about 2 years now, I'll finish the 2nd half of the game so I can transfer all my Pokemon sitting on Pearl up to the bank some day....never had an issue.

Phantasy Star Nova is pretty much permanent in my PS TV except I move it to my Vita when I go on a trip and bring the Vita or the extremely rare occasion I have another physical game. PS Nova pretty much is the default game because I'll finish it some day, dammit, and only got it physical because it is an import and I don't want to fuck around with the Vita store region shit. Also never had an issue.

Consoles, discs (or Switch cards) will stay in there until I finish my playthrough or I need to pop in another disc for some reason (ex: random Smash Bros matches). Never had an issue, though a bit of me is paranoid it will not turn back on and now it has my game inside forever.

I will not leave the discs out, though, only monsters do that. Either in console, in case, or other protection (3DS/Vita multi-game card holder)

Top Bottom