• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
eeabeafaed.png

udrDpw9.png

kNXGRLt.png

NOTE: For more information on the systems of the game here are the previous OT containing the information you need.
Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate OT
Dead Or Alive 5: Plus OT
Dead or Alive 5 OT

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (DOA5:LR) is a re-release for the current gen systems XboxOne,PS4,PC (Steam) featuring improved visuals utilizing the new soft skin engine, new outfits, new characters, music (Ayane, Kasumi and Ryu Themes from Warriors Orochi), hairstyles and more. The Last Gen versions will be getting a balance update to be up to par with the balance changes with Last Round on the current gen systems but they have to purchase the new characters and outfits. (New Hairstyles and stages won't be on the last gen version)

WARNING: Xbox 360 And PlayStation 3 May Not Get Future Dead or Alive 5: Last Round DLC

All DLC purchased in previous DOA5 versions is compatible with DOA:5LR. (360>XBOne and PS3>PS4)
DLC Included in DOA5:Last Round
DLC transfer Info (Japanese)

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters (Click Here For More Information on the differences between each version)

A free version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be available on PS3 and PS4 called DOA5 Last Round Core Fighters. This version is fullycompatible with the retail version of DOA5:LR, with the only limitations being placed on the number of usable characters and the story mode is excluded. (Unless you pay for it) You may purchase the characters you wish to use and same applies to the outfits of the characters.

Xbox One will get a Free Trial featuring 4 characters and Core Fighters will be priced but no pricing details yet. (Includes 8 characters)

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is NOT compatible with the vanilla version of Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 5 Plus for the PS Vita and non upgraded versions DOA5:U

Release Data
Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Tecmo Koei
Platform: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One , PS4 and PC

Release Dates:
February 17, 2015 (US)
February 19, 2015 (JPN)
February 20, 2015 (UK)
Note: Steam Version has been delayed until March 30th, 2015. Online mode estimated to be implemented within 3 months after release. Missing the 2 new stages, Soft Engine and PS4/XBOne effects

p2F4XrR.png

tNgzciw.png

Honoka (Click for Reveal Trailer)
QA4dvSu.png

Raidou (Click for Reveal Trailer)
hW4EeUF.png

vTXhzj7.png

• In North America, pre-orders at GameStop will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi), and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at Amazon will include the “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) Best Buy "Showstopper Encore" (Phase 4, Rachel, Lisa, Mila, Nyotengu, Christie, Tina and Helena) and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.
  • In Europe, pre-orders at GAME will include the “Ninja” (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, and Kasumi) and “Aloha” (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Mila) costume sets. Pre-orders at ShopTo will include the “Ninja” and “Showstopper” (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, and Tina) sets. And pre-orders at Centresoft and independent retailers will include the “Ninja” and “Beach Party” (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, and Rachel) sets.

JAPANESE ULTIMATE PACKAGE COLLECTOR'S EDITION
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round software.
  • Download codes for Soft Sexy Costumes (18 varieties).
  • Original soundtrack CD (one copy).
  • History book (64 pages).
  • Marie Rose 3D mouse pad.
  • One life-size tapestry.
  • Four mini-character figures.
  • Eight B2-size bath posters.

JAPANESE (STANDARD) COLLECTORS EDITION
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round software.
  • Download codes for Soft Sexy Costumes (18 varieties).
  • Original soundtrack CD (one copy).
  • History book (64 pages).
  • Marie Rose 3D mouse pad.
VDeqmXv.png

Announcement
Launch Trailer
EMPER0RC0W Tutorial (Really fleshed out despite being aimed to DOA5 Vanilla)
Team Ninja Tutorials
Hitomi Vs Ayane
Brad Vs Eliot
Raidou Vs Ayane
Raidou Vs Hayabusa
Raidou Vs Hayate
Bonus Costume Trailer
Christie Vs Sarah
Phase 4 Vs Bayman
Gen Fu Vs Eliot
Mila Vs Jacky
Pai Vs Jann Lee
QUOTE TO REVEAL PSN/XBLA/STEAM LIST

Skilletor

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patch is up right now on PS3. 1gb!

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rojo

I know i can transfer the costumes over, but what if i bought the character unlocks for ultimate core fighters on PS3 and plan on using the last round core fighters as well, will i need to rebuy them?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ The FAQ says all DLC is transferable through all versions

Picking up mine tomorrow <3 Can't wait to play this beauty in 1080! And then its on DOA6!

PS4 version gets here Wednesday. Hopefully I get back home before it gets there.

I can't wait to see how it looks, and test out Honoka and Mecha-Raidou.

Eolz

Great OT!
Collector edition to arrive in some days, will play the 360 patch and Core Fighters on PS4 until then.

onimonkii

Banned
I've got a preorder for the steam version, is there any indication yet if it's based on the 360/PS3 or XBO/PS4?

Also, I haven't played a DOA since 4, ready to get destroyed in like July or whenever we get online play.

Hubb

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patch is up right now on PS3. 1gb!

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Going to download it too. No idea how long the PS4 version is going to take so it'll give me something to do tomorrow while I wait.

I've got a preorder for the steam version, is there any indication yet if it's based on the 360/PS3 or XBO/PS4?

They aren't saying yet.

Squire

Banned
I'm not really "hyped" per se, but this is my go-to fighter these days: I want to keep playing, but I'm on PS4 now primarily, so this is what I need.

And I want another disc copy of the game.

Let's fucking go?

Cheddahz

Banned
Xbox One copy should had shipped already, but it looks like there's gonna be a bad snowstorm in North Carolina and we're expected to get some damage from it in South Carolina, so who knows

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Also, I haven't played a DOA since 4, ready to get destroyed in like July or whenever we get online play.

Not a lot of info has been mentioned about the PC version so really cant tell. It seems they are aiming for the PS4 and XBOne versions.

Inuhanyou

I preordered at GS, does that mean i am indefinitely locked out of the other DLC packs at other stores? What BS

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I envy you guys. I gotta wait for the Steam version for like a month. And then wait for it to be playable because the port's likely gonna be garbage. And then wait for online...

xion4360

Its DOA so of course im all over it.. have all of the prior DLC under my belt and im ready to bring it all to the ps4.

Do last gen saves and achievements/trophies carry over to current gen?

once you update PS3 or 360 DOA5U to Last Round you can upload your save data from the options menu.. then you can download that to LR on PS4 or Xbox one. I believe transferring only works for the same platform holder, so 360 to one and 3 to 4.

Trophies need to be earned again but they are very easy.

Inuhanyou

All DLC has gone up for sale eventually.

GEWD STUFF.

But i am concerned. Apparently they are only going to be selling the packs on the store for PS4 according to the FAQ...so what about individual costume transactions?

The End

I... actually enjoyed DOA5:U quite a bit, although I did get in on that $20 "unlock all the characters and a ton of costumes" deal they did for a while.

I dunno, the same week as the Order makes it tough, but I'm sure I'll grab it in a PSN sale eventually.

Savitar

Would have gotten my copy today, but you know....the weather.

There are probably a dozen polar bears outside, I would not know for sure until I was firmly in their mouths.

Hubb

GEWD STUFF.

But i am concerned. Apparently they are only going to be selling the packs on the store for PS4 according to the FAQ...so what about individual costume transactions?

I'm pretty sure they specified "old" costume packs. So if you want them individually you just buy them from the webstore and they carry over to PS4. New stuff should come in packs and individually.

TWILT

Banned
I'm stuck on the PS3 version since I don't have much intention to get a PS4 anytime soon, but looking forward to it.

Still forever a (scrubby) Kokoro main. :p

FAKE EDIT: Ohh, the patch is up for Core Fighters? Downloading.

Inuhanyou

I'm pretty sure they specified "old" costume packs. So if you want them individually you just buy them from the webstore and they carry over to PS4. New stuff should come in packs and individually.

No i mean, since the system to redeem your costumes you already bought on PS3(IE old costumes) is to get them in the store and they are free...but if that's limited to packs, how will i redeem individual costumes i bought?

xion4360

GEWD STUFF.

Individual costumes are available for DLC specific to Last Round.. the packs only is relevant to past DLC (DOA5/5U)

No i mean, since the system to redeem your costumes you already bought on PS3(IE old costumes) is to get them in the store and they are free...but if that's limited to packs, how will i redeem individual costumes i bought?

Oh i see what you mean. not sure then.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was thinking of grabbing Killer Instinct during the Ultimate Game Sale, but then realized this is a few bucks cheaper, and has more content.

Hmmmmmm

Nocturn

Neo Member
Man I forgot this was coming out. FML. Can't buy since I need to fix my car first. Ugh and now I'll miss out on the dlc costumes (they'll go on sale eventually yes?) Bahh.

Definitely picking this up but not sure where yet. Really wanted to get it on PSN/XBL though no pre-orders are up (as of yesterday when I checked).

Hubb

Doesn't PS4 automatically download it from PSN? I bought alternate colors (PS+, Christmas) for Xrd and I didn't have to download anything from PSN. It automatically downloaded once I signed in.

I hope IQ has improved. does this carry over the changes to controls that ultimate had?

I was not a fan of what they did to Ayane.

Top Bottom