• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

He had one of those games were he runs around like a headless chook without and care. That pass was bizarre.

Looks like ScreenPlay, the Goodgame replacement with Hex and Nichboy, is about to launch on 7mate. They already had their version of pocket up, first plays, news etc... It's basically goodgame with a new name so far.
About to launch? I thought the first episode already aired a day or two ago (at 10pm or some stupid-arse hour).

Congrats

tenor.gif

That gif from Spies Like Us, which I watched for the first time in years recently, reminded me of one semi-interesting titbit about the film. It's full of cameos from relatively famous behind the scenes people so in that one scene in the gif is Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen and Derek Meddings (Did VFX on everything from Thunderbirds to Goldeneye). In other roles you have directors Michael Apted, Joel Cohen, Sam Raimi, Larry Cohen, Martin Brest and Frank Oz. And BB King is in there somewhere too.

Quasar

He had one of those games were he runs around like a headless chook without any care. That pass was bizarre.

Looks like ScreenPlay, the Goodgame replacement with Hex and Nichboy, is about to launch on 7mate. They already had their version of pocket up, first plays, news etc... It's basically goodgame with a new name so far.

So is it just their youtube stuff repackaged? I have watched some of that.

Quasar

Well my Switch shipped. $410 for a Neon is alright I guess. That's almost US MSRP.

So once again my home is a multi console one. Wish there was a web version of the eShop I could browse whilst I'm waiting.

Whaaaaat? I knew about the other games, but not Geom 2. How does BC work exactly? Only digital games? Any hoops to jump through?

I have like 100 360 games. Might need to hit an XB1.

You can insert your 360 disc but from memory it does then DL the game digitally with the physical disc acting as a licence. Pretty cool though.

Stackboy

Can't actually find any solid info on when it launches apart from a post on whirlpool claiming it starts next Thursday at 10pm on 7mate.

Yeah it starts this Thursday. The daily web show is good, just wish they would let Nich run free a little more, I miss GG pocket.

That gif from Spies Like Us, which I watched for the first time in years recently, reminded me of one semi-interesting titbit about the film. It's full of cameos from relatively famous behind the scenes people so in that one scene in the gif is Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen and Derek Meddings (Did VFX on everything from Thunderbirds to Goldeneye). In other roles you have directors Michael Apted, Joel Cohen, Sam Raimi, Larry Cohen, Martin Brest and Frank Oz. And BB King is in there somewhere too.

I knew of Raimi but the others have now dawned on me, now that's a cameo shot alright. Still a piss funny movie too.

You can insert your 360 disc but from memory it does then DL the game digitally with the physical disc acting as a licence. Pretty cool though.

I'll probably have to bite for a UHD backwards compat console with a few juicy games (Halo, Forza Horizon) once they hit the $200 mark.

Here I was thinking I could actually go this generation without owning literally every console. Lol am I kidding!

Quasar

So Switch screen protectors..whats the best one to get? I had wondered about going with a tempered glass one (though I dunno what brand is best), but also wondered what impact these have on multitouch.

I thought about going with the Anker GlassGuard one, though it seems I'd need to import those as I cannot find them locally.

Do any young people play tabletop Rpgs in Sydney? Cause all of my games so far have been middle aged white dudes which is fine I guess but I'd like to play with people my age (lmao I haven't played with any asians either)

Jintor

Do any young people play tabletop Rpgs in Sydney? Cause all of my games so far have been middle aged white dudes which is fine I guess but I'd like to play with people my age (lmao I haven't played with any asians either)

if you want to play dungeon world or some other powered by the apocolypse thing i'm up for it

i mean i'll have to fit it into my schedule which is fuuuuucked up until august but yeah

also like 40-60% of this thread is middle aged white dudes i think

if you want to play dungeon world or some other powered by the apocolypse thing i'm up for it

i mean i'll have to fit it into my schedule which is fuuuuucked up until august but yeah

i'm totally down lmao, i'm still a newbie but rp is too fun not to pass up

its not that its middle aged white dudes being the problem its just when my parents ask "hey why are you staying out so late every other week?" its kinda weird to say "i'm going to go roleplay with a bunch of dudes one to two decades older than me"
does ausgaf have a RPG group?

Vlightray

Hi Ausgaf,

Hope this isn't the wrong place to do this but I've been on steam for 9+ Years and haven't added any friends in that time I don't do much multiplayer stuff but still wouldn't mind having some friends on steam.

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vlightray

I am a West Aussie down South made a few friends on playstation forums back around the launch days in 2006 and funny enough one day posted a similar thing there and till this day still have those guys/gals as friends all these years later which is cool just to have somebody to check/compare or just see online etc.

So add me if you want. Thanks

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Hi Ausgaf,

Hope this isn't the wrong place to do this but I've been on steam for 9+ Years and haven't added any friends in that time I don't do much multiplayer stuff but still wouldn't mind having some friends on steam.

Steam ID: venomous_1

I am a West Aussie down South made a few friends on playstation forums back around the launch days in 2006 and funny enough one day posted a similar thing there and till this day still have those guys/gals as friends all these years later which is cool just to have somebody to check/compare or just see online etc.

So add me if you want. Thanks

Couldn't find you, just link your profile page.

Check out the steam thread, it's closed at the moment due to the sale, plenty of peeps in there.

Quasar

$407 for a switch?
If only it had some games.

I bought one anyway (supposedly arriving today)....there'll be a handful of games by years end, and by then I expect it to be no cheaper and probably in less supply.

I am hoping there's some indie games on the eShop I want on a handheld as I think I want to put off Zelda as I'm still hip deep in Horizon and I think playing those at the same time probably is a bit unfair to both.

Maybe I'll buy Mario Kart....I've never really played one before.

Switch is interesting, but just too expensive at the moment. The Pro Controller is $100, more Joycons is $120, Nintendo games tend to stay expensive etc.

I bought one anyway (supposedly arriving today)....there'll be a handful of games by years end, and by then I expect it to be no cheaper and probably in less supply.

I am hoping there's some indie games on the eShop I want on a handheld as I think I want to put off Zelda as I'm still hip deep in Horizon and I think playing those at the same time probably is a bit unfair to both.

Maybe I'll buy Mario Kart....I've never really played one before.

I'd argue strongly that MK8 is the best in the series. Very subjective but it's my fav!

Rezbit

Switch is defs expensive but it's already building a nice library of games, I've got 4 retail and 6 indie games. I offloaded my Wii U to pay for the majority of the console and don't regret it (except for losing Metroid Prime Trilogy). Also you can get the Pro Controller for $79 at Target. Think I bought it for $75 even.

And yeah, MK8D is the best Mario Kart, it's fucking awesome.

senahorse

I'd argue strongly that MK8 is the best in the series. Very subjective but it's my fav!

Now I love MK8, it's an amazing game but I'll take that argument on and say SMK (SNES) is still the best in the series due to the meta game that is the pinpoint slide and jump accuracy required for shaving hundreds of a second off in time trial mode, SMK on switch with leaderboards/online play would be amazing. Also it has the best battle mode, come at me :D

Switch wouldn't work in our house, even the Vita was pretty sketchy lol. Always ends up at the top of my cupboard so #1 doesn't sneak it away. Switch would end up scratched as fuck and the dock pulled to bits by the toddler.

Now I love MK8, it's an amazing game but I'll take that argument on and say SMK (SNES) is still the best in the series due to the meta game that is the pinpoint slide and jump accuracy required for shaving hundreds of a second off in time trial mode, SMK on switch with leaderboards/online play would be amazing. Also it has the best battle mode, come at me :D

My kids hate SNES MK so it doesn't get much love from us tbh. MK64 is probably my sentimental fav after spending thousands of hours playing it at uni, kids prefer it to MKWii too which is nice as I really didn't like that one.

Quasar

Neon Switch arrived.

Haven't played around with it much, but I did notice it's heavier than I imagined and from my brief handling I have some worry about joycons becoming detached and me dropping the tablet part in the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom