• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Joqu

I hope they fix the board issues I've been having. Sometimes I unlock a node and it kind of doesn't fully register it having been opened at first. It gives me the thing it's supposed to but it doesn't show the node as unlocked and doesn't let my unlock the next node. Need to go back and then re-open.

And I'm not sure if I'm getting the bonus of having unlocked the boards fully. I unlock the last one, it doesn't show me having unlocked it and I don't the notification of getting the bonus. I go back and then open the board again and the last one is unlocked and don't get anything. :S

I have that problem. I wanted to make sure I got the bonuses so right before completing a board I knew would give a Moogle as a bonus I made sure to sell all of mine and then complete the board. The bonus Moogle showed up in my inventory even though the notification didn't pop.

Yup, I've been having this too. It's really confusing but so far it doesn't look like it has caused me to miss out on anything.

Psxphile

pmrzbR9.jpg

Gem Boards? So, like Avatar boards we have to pay jewels for them? Hm...

deanote666

Where's our
dragon avatar parts?
(from the data mine)

Better to get all the gems in one go than buy 5 separate avatar boards I guess...

Nearing 800m lux and barely in the top 200 in the monthly challenge so f2p gems are hard to come by.

Edit: Went up about 50m since I posted and lost a rank...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Noooooooo I'm trying so long to catch up the proud-quests. I just arrived stage 210 and now they already adding more again. A never-ending story 😦
I've ignored Proud for so long that I'm only on something like 110. I just recently got Counterpoint.

Famassu

Yeah, that's, like, 1,5 years worth of gems at the pace they give them out currently (if one doesn't have the time or the Lux+ medals to keep oneself in the Top 10 or something).

c-murph

Gem boards info

Limited time only. One for Power, Magic and Speed. 2k jewels each. 2 Brooms, 3 Mirrors and one AB3Max&SP2 skill per board. Tempted to get all three.

Plus 50 more Proud quests. Time for Fenrir to roar. Those new gems will come in handy.

Holy geez! I wasted all my last 6000 jewels on the Cloud EX banner... Managed to Guilt my Boosted Leon medal though. lol I still have like 1000 left and countless proud quest to get more jewels though and I could also buy the Monday weekly VIP too. Either way I'm jumping on these. 15 Gems I could probably get my Starlight up a level or two.

Copy cat key arts coming tomorrow!
Surprised we are getting so soon.
Glad I didn't pull for hd namine.

Wonder how long deal last.
Might wait a week to pull to see how many times I should pull. Lol
One of each would be great.

WHOO FUCK YEAH, MOTHERFUCKERS! THEY KEY ART COPY ARTS ARE FINALLY HERE! Guys, if you only listen to me once in your life, do it now. PULL. ON. THIS. BANNER! Key Art Copy Arts are so versatile they're practically required for the game.

Psxphile

WHOO FUCK YEAH, MOTHERFUCKERS! THEY KEY ART COPY ARTS ARE FINALLY HERE! Guys, if you only listen to me once in your life, do it now. PULL. ON. THIS. BANNER! Key Art Copy Arts are so versatile they're practically required for the game.

Explain. I don't see what the big deal is.

Explain. I don't see what the big deal is.

It's simple, Psxphile. These are just as useful as Namine. Copy a buff/debuff medal, have a stronger version of a weaker medal, etc. It has all the same effects. The only change is in the position of the medal. But what makes them so invaluable is their availability. Tell me, did you happen to pull Namine in the last banner? If the answer is yes, then tell me how many jewels you spent. If the answer is no, then you probably see where im going with this. The fact that these are guaranteed with each pull makes them a godsend. Not to mention the fact that they can be dotted, come in all three flavors, and can be traited easily. Copy medals will be required later when we finally get the monsters Sephiroth Ex and Roxas Ex. The best players in the game use either of those two and a few copy medals. If you happen to have Namine and the green copy art you're pretty much invincible as it goes perfectly on the Fairy Stars keyblade.

Weird... http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Medal
We are getting these key art medals way earlier than we should be. They are part of set 19, yet we haven't even finished set 18. We've only got one thing out of set 18 and that was KH II Cloud [EX]

Wonder why they are putting out these medals so early.

Cause it'll most likely be like jps banner. Where they were guaranteed 2 tsums in every pull with dogs if I remember correctly

Sadly it was just one.

"A new 10 medal draw will be available from April 14~April 30, offering 4 different Tsum Tsum medals! Each draw guarantees 1 of these medals, and the first draw is free so don't miss out!"
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Disney-Tsum-Tsums-arriving-in-KINGDOM-HEARTS-Union-Cross-8914

I remember as well, because I pulled twice. (Free pull, then 1 paid pull)

I wonder if we will get a free pull.. I hope so.

Farsi

reminder for those who don't wanna pull for these because of baby girl kairi, JP brought these medals back last month in a very similar deal. The US version will most certainly do the same.

I'll be getting them during the 2nd print. We don't need these in the current meta right now.

reminder for those who don't wanna pull for these because of baby girl kairi, JP brought these medals back last month in a very similar deal. The US version will most certainly do the same.

I'll be getting them during the 2nd print. We don't need these in the current meta right now.

People without HD Namine should do 1 pull at least.
I feel like every one should have at least one of them since they can be useful for even stuff like buffers.

Farsi

I don't know Elbows. This and the gem deal both feel like
giphy.gif

These medals are only as good as the other medals you have compared to Namine which can copy a friend medal. This is why these medals really shine in the current JP meta because they have super powerful attack medals that are also amazing buffers.

Right now if I had to guess, the majority don't need this medal even as a 2x buffer, and 3K jewels is alot being this close to Kairi which I do think will be a mercy pull.

*Edit I actually forgot about the trait system, if you pull for these and get 2nd attack then yes as a de-buffer holy shit it's really good.

Skittles

giphy.gif

These medals are only as good as the other medals you have compared to Namine which can copy a friend medal. This is why these medals really shine in the current JP meta because they have super powerful attack medals that are also amazing buffers.

Right now if I had to guess, the majority don't need this medal even as a 2x buffer, and 3K jewels is alot being this close to Kairi which I do think will be a mercy pull.

*Edit I actually forgot about the trait system, if you pull for these and get 2nd attack then yes as a de-buffer holy shit it's really good.
Me if these deal/boards are bait:
300px-Hooky.jpg

Psxphile

Well, I do already have an HD Namine so I know they can be useful. I got it from the discount banner we recently had. Just don't think they're worth blowing 3k jewels a pop on, pips or no.

giphy.gif

Me if these deal/boards are bait:
300px-Hooky.jpg

I kinda feel like CLOUD EX was the bait, and these Key Arts were the true reward.
I would think everyone is out of jewels because of Cloud Ex and the Kairi2 redo deal.

Like I said, we got these Key Arts a lot earlier than we were supposed to.

I just did a pull. Because I wanted to and haven't pulled since the ikairi2 deal on the anniversary. (Oh wait. Nevermind. I did the recent 1500 jewl pull because it was a cheapo pull. Though wasn't really worth)

Got Key Art Beginning with 2 dots.
So that's cool
And the deal last 2 weeks.
So people can see what they offer next week Thursday and the Thursday after that as well.
I'd assume it'd be more set 18 stuff. But maybe they will pull a fast one on us and do another EX medal, or 0.2 Kairi. Or Tsum Tsum. So many good medals coming up. So little jewels. lol

Because i have zero self control i pulled 4 times lol. Got a 1, 2, and 3 dot KA Sky. Guilted it for 126% and an extra attack! Gonna save the second for guilt event/HSC purposes. Also got a 1 dot Beginning, all in all could have been worse. But I'm not banking on non-mercy banners for medals despite getting lucky with HD Namine. Still have enough jewels/potential jewels in proud for a couple more pulls in case another banner sneaks up on me, but I'm done with this one i think, don't want to risk getting another Sky.

Because i have zero self control i pulled 4 times lol. Got a 1, 2, and 3 dot KA Sky. Guilted it for 126% and an extra attack! Gonna save the second for guilt event/HSC purposes. Also got a 1 dot Beginning, all in all could have been worse. But I'm not banking on non-mercy banners for medals despite getting lucky with HD Namine. Still have enough jewels/potential jewels in proud for a couple more pulls in case another banner sneaks up on me, but I'm done with this one i think, don't want to risk getting another Sky.
This is a feel-good story. That Sky is gonna be useful for a really long time.

Kitoro

I rolled 3 times on the copy medal banner and got the Wisdom one each time with just enough pips to guilt at 88% with crap traits.

I have 7k jewels left, and haven't bought any of the new gem packs. Do I buy all 3 gem packs, or roll again for another copy medal, since apparently it's good to have 2 for the future meta? I don't have HD Namine, to specify.

Lastly, if I do get the gem packs, any recommendations on which keyblade to focus on? None of the keyblades seem to work extremely well for my best medals, but Divine Rose comes closest, even if both my Speed medals aren't reversed.

Thanks so much!

Kitoro

Does anyone think we'll see Illustrated Vivi as a VIP reward? We've yet to see a Magic-based VIP medal so far.

Also, question on medals that increase attacks for 3 turns, does the increase start on the medal that activates it, and extends to the next two medals?

Lastly, how exactly do copy medals work? If I copy, say, KH2 Kairi, do I add additional buffs/debuffs, deal fixed damage, or anything of the sort? Or do I just borrow copy her element and multiplier?

Does anyone think we'll see Illustrated Vivi as a VIP reward? We've yet to see a Magic-based VIP medal so far.

Also, question on medals that increase attacks for 3 turns, does the increase start on the medal that activates it, and extends to the next two medals?

Lastly, how exactly do copy medals work? If I copy, say, KH2 Kairi, do I add additional buffs/debuffs, deal fixed damage, or anything of the sort? Or do I just borrow copy her element and multiplier?
On the last part, copy medals work by keeping the multiplier/ability/element of the copied medal while using the skill/trait/strength/guilt of the copier (hd namine or any of the new Key Arts).

c-murph

Ah man, I wanted to buy the jewel board but now I want one of those Copy Medals. SO conflicted. I have enough to do two pulls or buy the three boards... I already have Namine so...

My pulls have been pretty bad...
4 times total. I've gotten 2 dotted beginning, 2 dotted air, 2 dotted sky, 1 dotted beginning, and 2 dotted air.

Just have to cross my finger that I get a 3 dotted air or sky, and any dot of beginning I guess.

Still that'd be 3 more pulls if I was super lucky.
Currently only have 10k jewels left. :/

Gonna stop pulling and see what Thursday brings us. I'll probably pull at least once more to guilt something. Maybe twice. By will wait until its almost over by then.

Top Bottom