• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces Steam Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the heck are the buttons in places where I wouldn't just have to take my thumb off of one stick-thing, I'd potentially have to take them off of both?

Chris R

What the hell? No way I'd buy one day one, and I don't know if I'd even buy one if people were reviewing it highly. This seems like I'd need to get my hands on to see if I'd be ok with it.

Whole genres of games that were previously only playable with a keyboard and mouse are now accessible from the sofa. RTS games. Casual, cursor-driven games. Strategy games. 4x space exploration games. A huge variety of indie games. Simulation titles. And of course, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

tell me they did not just namedrop ETS in that release page

Kinyou

controller.jpg
Wh- wha- what is that?

I need to see this thing in action. Dual trackpads sounds really awkward. I've tried playing a FPS on track pad and it felt weird.

People are gonna hate, but I think we've seen the four face buttons and dual analogs taken as far as they can go. Something new is nice even if it doesn't work 100%.

See Wii-mote+

scarybore

Well, it's interesting to say the least. Very different to console standard controllers in terms of button placement so I wonder what the learning curve is like.

Whole genres of games that were previously only playable with a keyboard and mouse are now accessible from the sofa. RTS games. Casual, cursor-driven games. Strategy games. 4x space exploration games. A huge variety of indie games. Simulation titles. And of course, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

tell me they did not just namedrop ETS in that release page

Of course they did.

Looks interesting... wonder how it performs.

Sissel

Yikes, that thing is hideous. At least they made it pretty clear they'd be announcing a controller today or it would've been pretty disappointing.

stressboy

I will wait for impressions before buying one. I rarely plug my PC into my TV and my wired 360 controller has been working out well for me so far.

Doesn't look like it has the correct amount of tactile feedback for my tastes. Although those rings might help a little bit, your thumbs will still probably slide from what'd digitally be considered "left/right" to "angled up/down" at the most inconvenient moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom