• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Fox1304

What should I do with the various SR I got ?
I have (I think) a few good cards, and I'm afraid I will use some units to train and regret later.
For example I have a max lvl Teen Gohan AGL, what should I do with him ? Awaken ? Use to train ?
And as another example, same thing for a Genius of War Vegeta.
Thx !

Tamanon

Banned
YOLO'd Zamasu and went to the Rose Dokkan event to get some medals for him.

Forgot which one was which and brought my Mono-STR team.....yeah, that's 50 stam wasted lol.

Tamanon

Banned
I have (I think) a few good cards, and I'm afraid I will use some units to train and regret later.
For example I have a max lvl Teen Gohan AGL, what should I do with him ? Awaken ? Use to train ?
Thx !

Look up which ones Dokkan and which don't. Some have useful abilities. Some are trash.

For instance, that Teen Gohan dokkans into GREAT SAIYAMAN.

Fox1304

Look up which ones Dokkan and which don't. Some have useful abilities. Some are trash.

For instance, that Teen Gohan dokkans into GREAT SAIYAMAN.

Ok so I can suppose that if it's dokkanable, I should keep it ?
And to dokkan, I should try to get its SA to lvl 10 and then get the medals in some time-limited events ?

Thx !

There's a decently comprehensive list here https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...l_list_of_rs_srs_you_should_consider_keeping/

You can also use the wiki. Type in a character's name, like Vegeta here, check out the disambiguation page, and see if you can use those SRs to boost the SA of an SSR that you have or want to pull for. If they're under the same header, they can be used to raise the SA. Keeping every single SR of a character that you may or may not pull some day is not really feasible, so at some point you have to make a judgement call. I'd keep the rare-ish ones that boost really good units like Beerus, or the Goten/Trunks SRs that dokkan into Gotenks, since PHY Gotenks is an absolute top-tier unit.

There's a decently comprehensive list here https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...l_list_of_rs_srs_you_should_consider_keeping/

You can also use the wiki. Type in a character's name, like Vegeta here, check out the disambiguation page, and see if you can use those SRs to boost the SA of an SSR that you have or want to pull for. If they're under the same header, they can be used to raise the SA. Keeping every single SR of a character that you may or may not pull some day is not really feasible, so at some point you have to make a judgement call. I'd keep the rare-ish ones that boost really good units like Beerus, or the Goten/Trunks SRs that dokkan into Gotenks, since PHY Gotenks is an absolute top-tier unit.

I used this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/sr_tier
be cautious though, this one hasn't been updated in 3 months

edit: speaking og PHY Gotenks, if I DA a Trunks/Goten with SA 5, then feed that Gotenks to PHY Gotenks he'd only increase by 1 despite the card being fed having an SA of 3, right?

edit: speaking og PHY Gotenks, if I DA a Trunks/Goten with SA 5, then feed that Gotenks to PHY Gotenks he'd only increase by 1 despite the card being fed having an SA of 3, right?

That's correct. SA stacking and then feeding only works if the cards are literally identical or Super Strike cards (eg. an SA 5 Z-awakened Strike card can be fed to the SA10 Dokkaned one for a 50% chance). Which is a bummer or my PHY Gotenks would be SA10 by now too! I have both of them at like SA6 or something.

That's correct. SA stacking and then feeding only works if the cards are literally identical or Super Strike cards (eg. an SA 5 Z-awakened Strike card can be fed to the SA10 Dokkaned one for a 50% chance). Which is a bummer or my PHY Gotenks would be SA10 by now too! I have both of them at like SA6 or something.

I just realized I used two different SA amounts lol. Point still got across though :p.

I have both DA Gotenks at SA 10 and four more of each not DAed(my pull luck for you). It'd be nice if the non-DA versions had a chance still, even if it's 20%. I don't wanna train em and DA only for it to fail...

I just realized I used two different SA amounts lol. Point still got across though :p.

I have both DA Gotenks at SA 10 and four more of each not DAed(my pull luck for you). It'd be nice if the non-DA versions had a chance still, even if it's 20%. I don't wanna train em and DA only for it to fail...

It's 100% chance if you Z-awaken the Gotenks. UR to UR is always 100% chance (not to TUR, mind you. Yeah, all this shit is confusing and it took me a long time to understand the rules of SA raising).

How it breaks down:

SR > SSR/UR: 5%
SSR > SSR/UR: 50%
UR > SSR/UR: 100%

Not sure about the rates when attempting to raise the SA of a TUR unit, but since you can reverse-awaken now, you basically should never do that anyway.

It's 100% chance if you Z-awaken the Gotenks. UR to UR is always 100% chance (not to TUR, mind you. Yeah, all this shit is confusing and it took me a long time to understand the rules of SA raising).

How it breaks down:

SR > SSR/UR: 5%
SSR > SSR/UR: 50%
UR > SSR/UR: 100%

Not sure about the rates when attempting to raise the SA of a TUR unit, but since you can reverse-awaken now, you basically should never do that anyway.

o...Hmmm still would take a long ass time to do it 9 times. I know PHY Gotenks gets a Dokkan later, is there a card during that event that ups his SA?

Also I'm guessing I should use my Elder Kais on Gogeta rather than OS, since I still have yet to get a damn Rose or Black :(

wait, so super strike cards don't have to be dokkaned 6 times to get their SA up to 15?

There's two ways to do it. If you have one at SA10, you can feed an SSR undokkaned one at SA5 (so of the first form) for a 50% chance, or dokkan a second pair at SA5 for a 100% chance. But that involves farming the medals again obviously so I personally rather take my chances with the 50% chance.

Super Strike cards are the only ones that are exempt from the rule that a card has to be identical for SA stacking to work, that's why the above 50% method works.

o...Hmmm still would take a long ass time to do it 9 times. I know PHY Gotenks gets a Dokkan later, is there a card during that event that ups his SA?

Also I'm guessing I should use my Elder Kais on Gogeta rather than OS, since I still have yet to get a damn Rose or Black :(

Gotenks isn't farmable in any other way. It takes a long time, some luck on pulls, and a lot of Supreme/Elder Kai awakening medals, but it's worth it for PHYtenks, he's top-tier as-is, when he gets a 100% passive and Fierce Battle he's gonna be incredible. I have him at SA4 and he can already hit over 200k on neutral type. I recommend using Kais on Gogeta over OS, yes. Gogeta fits on mono STR and mono Super and hits harder than OS especially against non-PHY units.

Lagamorph

Got a bunch more free stones.
Did a multi-pull and 3 singles on Rose Black and two more singles on SSB Vegito.

Still sweet FA.

Also, I recently moved over to a Galaxy S8+ and now when I'm on the map screen during gameplay there's vertical bright lines on the screen that flicker on and off, though only on the map screen.
Is there some setting that screws up the map on some devices?

There's two ways to do it. If you have one at SA10, you can feed an SSR undokkaned one at SA5 (so of the first form) for a 50% chance, or dokkan a second pair at SA5 for a 100% chance. But that involves farming the medals again obviously so I personally rather take my chances with the 50% chance.

Super Strike cards are the only ones that are exempt from the rule that a card has to be identical for SA stacking to work, that's why the above 50% method works.

Gotenks isn't farmable in any other way. It takes a long time, some luck on pulls, and a lot of Supreme/Elder Kai awakening medals, but it's worth it for PHYtenks, he's top-tier as-is, when he gets a 100% passive and Fierce Battle he's gonna be incredible. I have him at SA4 and he can already hit over 200k on neutral type. I recommend using Kais on Gogeta over OS, yes. Gogeta fits on mono STR and mono Super and hits harder than OS especially against non-PHY units.

Fack. Fine after I get Gogeta to SA 10, unless I get really good characters(Black, Rose, etc.) I'll up PHy Gotenks.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Apparently on Japan they are fixing the close app to avoid supers trick.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's a top grossing app and that would be such a controversial change that could potentially piss off over half the players, assuming they don't add an enemy super indicator. They would be dumb to risk alienating a chunk of the player base. I also don't think they could properly code it.

Syntsui

No gacha game I play could prevent closing the app to prevent specific actions, I'm curious to see if they manage to do it, how it will affect other gachas. This is specially essential in Record Keeper.

Arrrammis

No gacha game I play could prevent closing the app to prevent specific actions, I'm curious to see if they manage to do it, how it will affect other gachas. This is specially essential in Record Keeper.

Most likely they'll fix it by calculating and applying the damage before the animation rather than after. They don't need to prevent the app from closing, just prevent the damage from being stopped.

nowarning

Got Rose with the free stones earlier, finally! Had shite luck on that banner, got SSB Vegito though so happy with that. Haven't been playing much lately so time to do some both of their dokkan events.

Syntsui

Most likely they'll fix it by calculating and applying the damage before the animation rather than after. They don't need to prevent the app from closing, just prevent the damage from being stopped.

Can they though? They already calculate crits/stuns/guards before we can do anything, it's hard to believe they would neglect damage calculations on purpose. They probably do it because otherwise it would glitch when the players use a damage reduction item.

Or maybe this is really simple and they purposefully neglected the damage calculation on purpose and now they will fix this because the content is too easy for the whales.

MisterMac

I guess it would auto save when you click the orbs.

They could also lock you in after your final ki selection so your reset results in you just watching yourself die.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
second pull with the free stones
rEHAJAe.jpg

Hit would've been great if I didn't have mai, too bad I have mai.

Shouta

So I got 50 stones in JP going on about the GL version and decided to login to my old account. I came back to 185 Stones, and 33 Dokkan Festival summon tickets and there's the come back bonus too.

Welp, gonna enjoy pulling now, lol. If I can get some good stuff in GL, I can comeback permanently, lol.

Edit: Oh snap, they implemented the movement speed up too!? Hot damn.

Syntsui

So I got 50 stones in JP going on about the GL version and decided to login to my old account. I came back to 185 Stones, and 33 Dokkan Festival summon tickets and there's the come back bonus too.

Welp, gonna enjoy pulling now, lol. If I can get some good stuff in GL, I can comeback permanently, lol.

And if you do't pull anything worthwhile, this is the best possible time to reroll. This is my 25th day and I'm rank 180 already with the story and loads of content already beaten.

Maxim726X

second pull with the free stones

Hit would've been great if I didn't have mai, too bad I have mai.

I thought Hit kinda sucks?

Does he get a Dokkan or something? I pulled him too.

And if you do't pull anything worthwhile, this is the best possible time to reroll. This is my 25th day and I'm rank 180 already with the story and loads of content already beaten.

Jesus! It took me months to get to 180... Damn kids. Don't know how easy you have it.

Shouta

I already have a lot of units like Super Gogeta, etc so there's no real point in me rerolling on my GL account. I just need some of the better leaders to catch up in the meta for my other units to be useful to make the grinding more bearable, lol.

I already did the rerolling in JP so I can use that if I really want the fresher units. I've got the best AGL and best Rainbow leader over there already.

Edit: Oh man, I got Super Vegeto. He was the one I was chasing hard when he was introduced in GL. Dupe Super Gogeta in the same pull. Hot damn.

So I just had something REALLY weird happen. I put my GF in slot 1 and he took a normal attack, so I figured I'll reload and put SV there and GF at the end for the incoming super. When I reloaded SV got supered on the first turn...

Got the new SSB Vegetto on one multi pull and SSR on the other, still, I do find it difficult to enjoy the game these days. The Dokkan events are too hard to bother with and everything else would only give me worse stuff than I have.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
lol, if I want to get all the medals I need, I'd have to do 71 runs till next sunday...
Dunno if I should bother, might just knock out the essentials (int/teq/agl freeza, black, future trunks) and just spend the rest of the time on getting fruit/medals, UR androids are gonna have to wait.

MisterMac

lol, if I want to get all the medals I need, I'd have to do 71 runs till next sunday...
Dunno if I should bother, might just knock out the essentials (int/teq/agl freeza, black, future trunks) and just spend the rest of the time on getting fruit/medals, UR androids are gonna have to wait.

Here's my "To Do" List

1. 154 Buuhan Medals (Buuhan/Androids)
2. 112 Golden Frieza Medals (Golden Frieza/Androids)
3. 77 Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Medals (Androids)
4. 112 Godtenks Medals (Kid Trunks/Androids)
5. 112 Super Vegito Medals (Vegito/Androids)
6. 35 Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black Medals (Zamasu)
7. 10 Ultimate Gohan Medals (Ult Gohan)
8. 10 Kid Buu Medals (Kid Buu)
9. Get Buuhan to SA10
10. Get Black to SA10
11. Get 6 More Black Medals

Somebody kill me

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah that sounds crazy, I can knock out all the medals I need tomorrow/sunday and then just spend the rest casually farming fruits/medals for kais.

Shouta

Who do you have the most dupes?

What's your best team and what units do you have? I saw you had Gogeta and pulled Super Vegito, both are very worth it

Immense-tier SAs - Super Gogeta (1 dupe here), Super Vegito

Supreme-tier SAs - Too many but stuff like INT P.cell, TEQ, P.Cel, Family Kamemehaha Gohan, etc.

Does Super Vegito's counter take into consideration his SA level?

Syntsui

Immense-tier SAs - Super Gogeta (1 dupe here), Super Vegito

Supreme-tier SAs - Too many but stuff like INT P.cell, TEQ, P.Cel, Family Kamemehaha Gohan, etc.

Does Super Vegito's counter take into consideration his SA level?

I'd go with Gogeta and use his dupe to open the lower right path. But you should just do all the pulls possible and then worry about this, in case you get more dupes for Vegeto or other character.

Shouta

I'd go with Gogeta and use his dupe to open the lower right path. But you should just do all the pulls possible and then worry about this, in case you get more dupes for Vegeto or other character.

I already did and no dupe of Vegeto, lol. I can always wait to get more and gather more stones for another Vegeto though.

Syntsui

I already did and no dupe of Vegeto, lol. I can always wait to get more and gather more stones for another Vegeto though.

Yeah, just wait for the fest to end. I ended up getting like 4 Gogetas. Even had to reverse him because I dokkaned then pulled 2 more lol..

Durden77

I'm so mad that during my pulls I pulled STR Fat Buu. I was so mad when he showed up, because he was like the one card I hoped I never got.

Reason is because I feel the need to farm his SA because it's farmable through the kid buu event, but it's a HUGE pain in the ass. AND I already did it for PHY Fat Buu a few weeks ago and it was one of the worst things ever.

I just awakened 3 of the farmable Buus and fed it to him and only one worked. Great.

Bout to mess with my phys Goku black in he hidden potential system

I got 1 dupe which tree do people recommend to go down first?

Also I got 12 elder kais do is it better to use then on my gogeta, my vegitos(super/blue) or Goku black?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hmm, who to use the 10 Elder Kais on...

Probably Super Vegito. If you don't have Rose or Bluegito then mono AGL is likely your meta team and SV will be supering the most. (Although Gogeta duped up hits like a truck, and I like to keep one wild card on my AGL team which he sometimes is.) You can still grab another 6 Elder Kai from the two GT events and through story gems.

Top Bottom