• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Good, get people to stop using Phase Shift all the time.

If Inner Pieces required 10 telefrags with that ability, people would never stop using it

its all about that grapple now anyways. well at least it is for people who know how to slingshot themselves with air strafing. I can't stop using grapple myself its so much fun flying across one side of the map to the other in a matter of seconds.

ty_hot

Started playing the game, SP mode. Guns feel nice, but I dont like the auto-aim feature. I hate it actually. First thing I did on CoD was disable it but I can't find the option in Titanfall.

Wallrun is nice and useful in TF (not the same case for CoD).

btw, I have the game just to play the SP, then I will sell it.

It's the main issue for most people. It's the very reason why i could never stand playing COD and why i was hesitant in buying pre-launch Titanfall 1.

I use to like cod well mostly just competitive Search and destroy on game battles. pubs are so boring in cod.

The amped weapons just make it even worse most lobbies my gun is amped almost the whole match. I wish they would have just left boosts out all together i prefer simple and balanced over tons of options. titanfall 2 is kinda like MW2 in that they added to man new things and messed up the meta.

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
Started playing the game, SP mode. Guns feel nice, but I dont like the auto-aim feature. I hate it actually. First thing I did on CoD was disable it but I can't find the option in Titanfall.

Highest sens has no aim assist if you wanna go that route

Tokubetsu

wonder if we'll see less devotions

as far as TF1 balance goes I think a big part of it was there were a lot less things to actually balance...and people bitched about that. There was what, two weapons for each of the weapon types? One shotgun, 3 ARs, 2 SMGs, 2 Snipers, 1 LMG then the smart pistol.

Use advanced look controls. There's an option in there.

HelloMeow

I always just assumed since the titanfall one community died so fast they made all these changes to lower the skill gap and make the game easier. Hoping to capture the casuals.

Did it work? I don't have all the numbers, but on PC it doesn't seem to perform much better than the first.

I mean when does this ever work? I've seen a lot of sequels and spiritual sequels to great games, that are clearly dumbed down, watered down and changed for the worse, just to appeal to a larger audience and it rarely works. All it does is disappoint fans of the series.

LaneDS

its all about that grapple now anyways. well at least it is for people who know how to slingshot themselves with air strafing. I can't stop using grapple myself its so much fun flying across one side of the map to the other in a matter of seconds.

How is this done? I've barely touched the grappling hook but have noticed that happens frequently these days, especially on Meadow.

Did it work? I don't have all the numbers, but on PC it doesn't seem to perform much better than the first.

I mean when does this ever work? I've seen a lot of sequels and spiritual sequels to great games, that are clearly dumbed down, watered down and changed for the worse, just to appeal to a larger audience and it rarely works. All it does is disappoint fans of the series.
Lol I didnt say I liked it or it worked I still prefer titanfall1

How is this done? I've barely touched the grappling hook but have noticed that happens frequently these days, especially on Meadow.

https://youtu.be/xU00WXvw2V0

Make a private match and just practice your grappling.

I would start with just slingshoting yourself in a straight line by grappling the ground in front of you like the video shows then adding the air strafe when you get that down.

SwolBro

Banned
Why are people saying flatline needs a nerf? It's a strong gun but it's not OP or breaking the game.

You may not feel how OP it is because it's not a very popular gun in PVP. For CTF where the majority of engagements are mid range it destroys. It's the ultimate headglitch gun. For boots on the ground play it is by far the most superior gun, that's why it's the bane of existence for most PS4 competitive players.

So happy the nerfs were kept to a minimum. Hope they only buff the underperformers.

So basically everyone dies before taking two steps? Yeah, no. They need to nerf the OP stuff, always.

Chris1

I always just assumed since the titanfall one community died so fast they made all these changes to lower the skill gap and make the game easier. Hoping to capture the casuals.

I think that's my main issue with this game you can't really escape gunfights now unless you use phase shift and it feels like such a crutch I stopped using it.
Titanfall 1->2 is the perfect example of listening to your customers. All fans of Titanfall 1 wanted, was more content, and if they did that most people would be fine and loving Titanfall 2. Why they made such drastic changes to things (map design being the biggest problem IMO) I'll never know

New map is cool I was surprised to see live fire in the glitch 24/7. It feels like a titanfall 1 map tons of smooth walls all over to run on. Only played 3 games so far but I like it.

SwolBro

Banned
It's hands down the best map but of course..... phase shift is back in ctf and no more automatic returns.

I don't want to sound like a miserable person all the time but fucking COME ON . It makes me want to turn this game off already and pack the box back up.

Getting into two straight matches with sage or prple networks running full on phase shift in ctf..... yeah that's fun .

SwolBro

Banned
4 matches, all filled with G2s, phase shift flag pulls, lag spikes, and it goes on and on. And marvin's voice is annoying as hell. I can't imagine anyone keeping him going after a Regen or two.

What I don't understand... is Respawn filled with masochists? They had to have seen the amount of praise CTF-Nitro was getting, right? RIGHT? So, why would they revert back to what people DID NOT WANT? Someone explain this to me.

The new map is really good though. Best map in the game hands down

Spasm

5 games down, and so far, I'm not a fan of Glitch. Too reminiscent of War Games, which itself is only a middling map. Oh well, can't complain too much when it's free.

SwolBro

Banned
5 games down, and so far, I'm not a fan of Glitch. Too reminiscent of War Games, which itself is only a middling map. Oh well, can't complain too much when it's free.
You're crazy. The map is great . I've already had better gun fights in this map in 6 games than all of the other maps since launch.

There's got to be some hidden adjustment to the netcode, almost everytime, I commando lunge someone, sound registers, but the game says I got meleed first.

Edit: I hate Bounty Hunt Colony

C-T_KlFXgAAwWDy.jpg

Izuna

Banned
It's hands down the best map but of course..... phase shift is back in ctf and no more automatic returns.

I don't want to sound like a miserable person all the time but fucking COME ON . It makes me want to turn this game off already and pack the box back up.

Getting into two straight matches with sage or prple networks running full on phase shift in ctf..... yeah that's fun .

Why they fucking with CTF like omg...

I wanna play MfD, how is it in this?

SwolBro

Banned
Dear Respawn,

Why do you keep putting invisible walls in your maps?

Please stop.

Sincerely,
frustrated players.

yes. please
Why they fucking with CTF like omg...

I wanna play MfD, how is it in this?

They came out with something nice in CTF-Nitro. They could have made CTF going forward simply CTF-Nitro that would be a mix between no titan live fire maps ctf and ctf-nitro on normal maps. People were enjoying it and it's far more popular than regular CTF.

None of the new modes are out? i haven't seen them.

Glitch is such a good map, can you imagine if the game released with a whole set of different maps like glitch since launch? It would have been a completely different game. At least we know that with the proper focus they can still make amazing maps.

Arrrammis

Change that I didn't see in the notes:your loadouts don't get reset when you regen! Factions do though, so change that unless you want to hear "precise shooting pilot!" Every time you melee someone.

Top Bottom