• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Hit Level 26 finally....i was at 25 for so long! Yes your faithful OP has failed you, I'm sorry.

I think Wheezing is one of the last Kanto mons I need to get, besides second evos I still need like Dragonair and another Ivysaur/Charmeleon for my Living Dex. I also need a Hitmonlee randomly, I got lucky with a 'chan from an egg before Gen 2 rollout.

I'm up to about 70 of the Johto...or whatever that medal is. Which is nice but most of the hard ones I need are babies or other evolved mons that I can't really get. I unfortunately only found a handful of Cyndaquil and Houndour during the event ;-;

beta_fuse

I've noticed my game crashing more often when I boot it up the first time. Seems to be fine after I reopen it. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on iPhone 6.

Oxx

I can't be bothered to go out and claim any gyms now.

I can just sit here and watch Mystic slowly extending their influence of the local gyms.

I see gyms going up around me too.

Question though, on the app for the Pokémon listed near your location, the raid tab, the text says I am too low level to qualify for raiding and I am lv 27. This would suck for a lot of new players if they couldn't participate.

So is this text place holder text?

Oxx

I see gyms going up around me too.

Question though, on the app for the Pokémon listed near your location, the raid tab, the text says I am too low level to qualify for raiding and I am lv 27. This would suck for a lot of new players if they couldn't participate.

So is this text place holder text?

I'm level 36 and I have the same message.

I'm sure it's the default/placeholder message.

I got all the gyms in my area first and when I got home I saw the resident spoofer with three separate accounts adding their Pokemon to the gym in real time... I really hoped these guys would be finished after this update.

GulAtiCa

I took down a Tyranitar controlled gym that was around 2200 cp. Took me about 4 battles to wipe it out. Got much easier after each battle.

I now control 5 gyms. For now.

Growlie19

Went out and placed two Pokémon in the gyms: Arcanine and Rhydon. No particular reason for each, just want to show Instinct superiority before Valor takes 'em down. No badges on my end, but I guess Niantic posted somewhere on Reddit that it'll take a couple hours or so before that rolls out. I hope my lion and bipedal rhino can hold out....

Edit: Guess they're live now!

Spoofers kicking people out of gyms means people will get even less coins now. Niantic!!

smfh wow they really just did this. Not only that Spoofers can easily camp a gym and just keep giving their mons berries?

Already kicked out of a gym, no coins :(

How long do you have to control the gym? =/

Any news on this? I have 6 gyms in control right now and now at 5 but did not get any coins :/

Cess007

Got my first badge.

I attacked the Gym a couple of times, and then spun the gym. Maybe I just need to battle once and spun to get my badge?

GulAtiCa

Got my first badge.

I attacked the Gym a couple of times, and then spun the gym. Maybe I just need to battle once and spun to get my badge?
Might be lag causing issues. Cause I did all that and never got any. My battles were lagfest. Luckily wasn't a Blissey. lol.

Also, Trainer Tips is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNJynwmP0o Just saw him look at Pokemon in a gym cp go down by 1 live. Got a feeling turnover will be real quick.

elguero

Oh nice, I love that you can see stats for each pokemon in a gym now. Number of battles, time defending, and number of berrys consumed? I can post a pic if someone wants

Cess007

Might be lag causing issues. Cause I did all that and never got any. My battles were lagfest. Luckily wasn't a Blissey. lol.

Also, Trainer Tips is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNJynwmP0o Just saw him look at Pokemon in a gym cp go down by 1 live. Got a feeling turnover will be real quick.

I think I found it. After each battle, you can see a Badge Icon in the upper part of the screen that has a bar that fills up. I guess you just have to fill up the bar and once it's full, spun the Gym to get the badge.

dont worry looks like pokemon have a high turnover rate if no ones upkeeping their pokemon theyll be kicked out fast like within hours

damn, so I'm guessing coins from gyms are gonna be a thing of the past...still looks like we can get some stardust though (via berry feeding?) but if I want incubators, real money is gonna be exchanged. it's fine I guess, with all these updates it might be worthe giving them the cash.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
damn, so I'm guessing coins from gyms are gonna be a thing of the past...still looks like we can get some stardust though (via berry feeding?) but if I want incubators, real money is gonna be exchanged. it's fine I guess, with all these updates it might be worthe giving them the cash.

welcome to my hell hole i only get like 15ish pokestops on my way home from work so i dont get much i always have to buy everything im about $550-600 in already also like that pokemon now seem to have higher break rates really gotta use up them balls

This sounds great. Stagnant gyms are soooo boring.

yeah i like the way this is handled pokemon if not attacked should be able to last a day just gotta do my daily upkeep on my way home and buff everyone up

Complistic

The Pokemon come back to you with coins I think.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Do you get coins when the pokemon come back?. It's not capped once a day now?

the pokemon has to be in for a day to get coins but yeah youll get coins for the amount of days they stayed in like how it was before but now you just get the coins at the end instead of everyday

you are supposed to get coins from your pokemon who get knocked out of a gym.

The question is how long and how many coins do you get...

lol if they charged for coins only, i'd be done with this game. lol

Top Bottom