• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioHazard 5 screens and video from Capcom DVD

FFChris

Capcom just keeps pushing the graphical boundries of these systems further and further. That lighting looks fantastic.

acm2000 said:
its resident evil, thats why, controls stuck in the 90s, shame, graphics are really nice, nice HDR, nice shadowing, lots of nice texturing effects, same old archaic control system :/
Can you just shut the fuck up please.

f@luS

More than a member.
filopilo said:
the ultimate truth is that it's a PC at the other end of the cord.
it is , cant see the light on the controller ==> pc :D

anyway cant wait to play the PS3 version with the best controller, and since RE is an ambiance game, cant be bothered by the system noise, so PS3 for me

Yoboman

Man that was dissapointing. I thought the enemies were going to be faster, but they have the exact same movement and animation as RE4 :( I didn't see anything new about the gameplay either

Also, Chris's arms look stupid

f@luS

More than a member.
2nspcvl.jpg

ME0000854771_2.jpg

still looks quite a downgrade :D

RyuHayate

Yoboman said:
Man that was dissapointing. I thought the enemies were going to be faster, but they have the exact same movement and animation as RE4 :( I didn't see anything new about the gameplay either

Considering what we've seen so far seems to be the earliest part of the game, you need enemies like that to familiarize players with aiming at critical weak points that will immobilize them.

Yoboman

RyuHayate said:
Considering what we've seen so far seems to be the earliest part of the game, you need enemies like that to familiarize players with aiming at critical weak points that will immobilize them.
Doesn't mean it has to be done exactly like RE4, the enemies seem to move exactly like the Ganados with the same attack routines. Hell even Chris's stance with a gun looks like a carbon copy of Leon.

And I don't like that the bodies dissapear too

Xapati

Yoboman said:

It's not like RE5 is coming out this year. They're probably still using old animations.

NotWii

Banned
CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS ON PC WITH WIIMOTE CONTROLS :D

Heh, they're recycling all the enemy routines and animations :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I can't wait to play this on my Xbox 360 next year either!

f@luS said:
it is , cant see the light on the controller ==> pc :D

anyway cant wait to play the PS3 version with the best controller, and since RE is an ambiance game, cant be bothered by the system noise, so PS3 for me
If anything the 360 controller would be more ideal for a game designed around the GCN controller because of the analog placements. :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
That looked really boring and tedious and really archaic :/

Still want to play though but the whole "WOW" factor has definitely dissipated.

jett

D-Member
Yoboman said:

Ahaha yeah...in the first CG teaser the zombies seem to run like crazy, but in the actual game they behave just like RE4. They're quick to reach your position, but once they're in your general vicinity they slow down like molasses. I guess it's the non-Mikami factor.

Yoboman

jett said:
Ahaha yeah...in the first CG teaser the zombies seem to run like crazy, but in the actual game they behave just like RE4. They're quick to reach your position, but once they're in your general vicinity they slow down like molasses. I guess it's the non-Mikami factor.
Yeah, I think based on that footage it seems like there's no creativity to keep moving forward without Mikami. How dissapointing, after what a big leap forward RE4 was I didn't want them to just stand still with the franchise

cvxfreak

Yoboman said:
Yeah, I think based on that footage it seems like there's no creativity to keep moving forward without Mikami. How dissapointing, after what a big leap forward RE4 was I didn't want them to just stand still with the franchise

They have to come out with RE5, RE6, CODE: Veronica 2, and Zero 2 before the gameplay really moves forward again. :D

neojubei said:
Because in very thread there must be system wars crap, people here are just doing what comes natrual.

RE5 for Wii 2 will be better, because it will have the extra content of the Dreamcast 2 version.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
CrushDance said:
What the hell. Do you guys really enjoy this console war bullcrap? Knock it off.
I have a weakness for memes. :(

Seriously though, there are people actually writing off/bashing the game based on what little information we have and what's still early build footage. Unless you hated RE4 I see no reason to write it off completely or call the game RE4.5 at this point, yet some people have done that already simply because of what seems to be the lead SKU for the game. Those people are the ones with some serious issues.

f@luS

More than a member.
jj984jj said:
I can't wait to play this on my Xbox 360 next year either!

If anything the 360 controller would be more ideal for a game designed around the GCN controller because of the analog placements. :lol
RE5 designed for Gamecube? what are u smoking? :lol ;)

solid2snake said:
a 3000€ gaming PC?

pc versions never count in any of my posts. also i said unless that system blows up which should give you a hint.

After the crap Lost planet port i really dont trust capcom with ps3 ports.

zoukka

Looks sweet, but the animations need to fly. That video actually highlighted that it's basically RE4 HD. With dark skin textures.

Now the Wii version on the other hand...

zoukka said:
Looks sweet, but the animations need to fly. That video actually highlighted that it's basically RE4 HD. With dark skin textures.

Now the Wii version on the other hand...

RE5 -> RE4HD
RE4Wii -> RE4SD

lulz

Looks pretty much like RE4, which is a good thing. I just hope they implement good mouse controls for the PC version.

solid2snake said:
a 3000€ gaming PC?
You're missing a digit there dude.

RJT said:
Please don't kill me, but I played a few hours of Resident Evil 4 Wii and was hugely disappointed.

I'm going to force myself to beat it, just to know if it gets better, but the movement restrictions really turned me off. Not being able to strafe? I mean, I have no problems with slow movement, but at least give me the option to make a step to the right when a fucking axe is coming at me!!!

I think it is probably because I'm a PC FPS player... The atmosphere and graphics were nice and all, but something was missing.
It's not a regular third person shooter, they wanted to retain the feeling of a survival horror game.

f@luS

More than a member.
sinnergy said:
It's based on 4, which is primarily a CUBE title :lol
its based on 4 because of the camera view? roflmao. Gear of war based on RE4 am confirmed. fos

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
RE5 media blowout can't come soon enough. I haven't played RE4 in ages but I think it's time to dust of the Cube to kill some time in between. I really do hope they have some faster enemies this time, the early teaser video with the 'running' shadows was really creepy and tense thanks to the speed the enemies seemed to have - assuming it were enemies running.

duckroll said:
Man the Xbox360 version looks crazy. It's so awesome. I can't wait to play RE5 on the Xbox360! It's going to be fucking awesome.

There seems to be a bolding problem with your keyboard, please re-install driver...

Xapati

Yoboman said:

So a few pics and some short low rez movies from the beginning of the game means we can already judge it in it's entirity?

mabuza

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
You guys should just draw straws to see who is the most retarded poster in the thread, it'd be faster and less disruptive.
well since duckroll started the whole thing, i guess the retard award goes to him.

epmode

Phife Dawg said:
It's not a regular third person shooter, they wanted to retain the feeling of a survival horror game.
By throwing tons of enemies and ammo at you, yeah.

It was a bad decision in RE4, it's a bad one now. Worse, even.

Top Bottom