• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

You don't think branding is important?

A lot of people still think Wii U is just an etension of the Wii and don't know it's a new console all together. I would say it's..kind of important.

Microsoft won't be as inept with their marketing that people won't understand this is a new, better console. If they market it as the new Xbox, and it's simply called Xbox officially, that's fine.

LeleSocho

Banned
ron-paul.gif

Durante

I certainly hope that all of you who don't like them using "Xbox" don't consider "Xbox 720" to be better.

Because that's just plain nonsensical.
I think it makes a lot of sense. My objection to using the same name for 2 different devices of the same kind is that it makes discussing them confusing for no good reason. Any new name, even "Xbox 720", does not have this problem.

Mononoke

Banned
Microsoft won't be as inept with their marketing that people won't understand this is a new, better console. If they market it as the new Xbox, and it's simply called Xbox officially, that's fine.

That and, I think enough time has gone by from the original xbox release that it won't be an issue. Wii U followed the Wii. So it makes sense there would be more brand confusion.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
GuNR5i0.png

I can use web developer tools too.

Also, they'd want the old Xbox 360 on the menu still too right, not just replace Xbox + Kinect with the new one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Both of those examples have sold like hotcakes. So stupid or not, it makes business sense.
Did it earn anybody extra sales, or did it sell in spite of the name? I don't believe just calling it "The New..." confers any sales benefits at all.

I think it makes a lot of sense. My objection to using the same name for 2 different devices of the same kind is that it makes discussing them confusing for no good reason. Any new name, even "Xbox 720", does not have this problem.

How many people still talk about the original xbox? There is no way they go with 'xbox 720'. To closely associated with 720P Imo.

DaBoss

I wish MS would stop trying to be like Apple in terms of marketing. Regardless, we're gonna have a showdown here.

stktt

Banned
Console reveal first, name reveal at E Triple. They're not going to just call it Xbox. See: WiiU.

They're just going to call it Xbox. It's better than any Super Xbox, Xbox 2 2 , xxBox, Xbox 720, or Xbox Infinity concept that's been thrown around.

Top Bottom