• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge |OT| Life's A Glitch

psyfi

Banned
I can't figure out how to get to Absu from Zi. There's a part in the bottom left of Zi where it seems like I need double jump to continue on to Absu. Am I going the wrong way? And sorry for the double posts, I just want to get unstuck. I've been at this for three hours, haha.

I can't figure out how to get to Absu from Zi. There's a part in the bottom left of Zi where it seems like I need double jump to continue on to Absu. Am I going the wrong way? And sorry for the double posts, I just want to get unstuck. I've been at this for three hours, haha.

You're on the wrong side. You have to get to the upper side. There's an area
called Ukkin Na, right nestled between Eribu and Edin. You might have to go there through the hub area, Indi I think it was.

It's been a while since I played, but I think that's where you get the ability you're lacking,
the brown trench

psyfi

Banned
You're on the wrong side. You have to get to the upper side. There's an area
called Ukkin Na, right nestled between Eribu and Edin. You might have to go there through the hub area, Indi I think it was.

It's been a while since I played, but I think that's where you get the ability you're lacking,
the brown trench
Okay cool, thanks a lot! I'll try to figure it out.

Yeah the game can be a little obtuse at times, and it's really frustrating if you search for hours yet can't find that one exit you have to go to. I believe it took me a while to find the same powerup as well.

psyfi

Banned
EDIT: NEVERMIND I finally figured it out, lmao. There's a spot I'm supposed to shoot the drone to a spot I can't jump to. Damn I missed that over and over, haha.

Edit again: Wait fuck, maybe not. God damn it hahaha. I'll shut up and report back later.

psyfi

Banned
I finally figured it out.
YUZ63k9.jpg
I had no idea that pool of pink acid could be turned into a platform.

That was it. That was the detail I overlooked. Good LORD. I was stuck for five hours, even with hints. I haven't felt that stuck in a Metroidvania since Metroid II, haha.

Edit : HOLY SHIT that scorpion boss fight (Gir-Tab) was awesome. It took me a second to figure out how to do damage, but once I did it was a blast. It got pretty tense at the end, with only a sliver of health left.

$10 bucks on sale. bought. Spent a lot of time with this today

I've just got the
drone teleport and bomb

Just wanted to say that this game is fucking great. Probably should start a LTTP thread as I doubt people will read this if it's bumped.

Such a cool game. Man, its filling that metroidvania itch.

Fuck this Hornet boss. Fuck it so hard. This thing is kicking my arse so goddamn much; I must have tried about 15 times now. I have been enjoying the game but I'm pretty close to just giving up now.

I thought this was one of the easiest boss. lol

The stupid scorpion was a bit difficult

I'm really liking how it subverts the game mechanics. Hallucination stage was amazing

First completed game for 2017!

That was fun! I wonder how long it took Happ to make this. It was a very clever game. Lots of neat things that really wasn't done before in a game like this with the powers. Can't quite tell what's going on with the weapons as there's so many types but it really must have been a missive of love for the guy to do this whole game himself. Great music, good bosses; good enough story too.

highly recommended!

Oh this thread is in community. :p No one will read this.

xuchu

Is the game any good? I'm eying the PS4 version.

And how is the difficulty? I like my games challenging.

It's one of my favourite metroid-likes. Notice I don't use the word metroidvania as this is all metroid no vania. If you like and enjoy games that skew to that end of the spectrum, this won't be the game for you. Just saying that to set and temper expectations. The PS4 version is great and the game plays really smoothly with the controller and you can fully remap controls IIRC.

I have the platinum for the game and apart from a challenge run the game isn't very difficult but it isn't aiming to be. The main strength is in its level design and truly understanding what exploration and scouring the map means in metroid games. It's extremely rewarding hunting for secrets, lore notes, upgrades and new weapons (although I can see some people saying that many serve little to no purpose). It's such an obvious love letter to super metroid and wears that on its sleeve. But it also subverts things later on with incredibly unique and fast movement options plus cool ways to interact with enemies and the environment (trying hard to not spoil you).

Hope you enjoy the game if you decide to play it.

jimboton

Is the game any good? I'm eying the PS4 version.

And how is the difficulty? I like my games challenging.

It's really, really good. It doesn't hold your hand with objective markers a la Ori, exploration is a major thing in this game, just like it was in Super Metroid. Challenge wise it's also similar to Super Metroid, on Hard at least.

Kawika

I came in to see what people thought of the switch version. I wasn't happy with the vita port (at the time it cameout) so I never got back to it. Is it worth double dipping to have it on Switch? Are there any scaling issues like with Blaster Master?

SerTapTap

I came in to see what people thought of the switch version. I wasn't happy with the vita port (at the time it cameout) so I never got back to it. Is it worth double dipping to have it on Switch? Are there any scaling issues like with Blaster Master?

I played it all the way through on Switch and noticed zero issues compared to PS4. Played almost entirely on TV though if that matters to you.

Only thing I noticed wrong with the Vita port is controls which aren't an issue here.

Top Bottom