• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

Tyaren

Hey! Is this a good starting point for the series? I'd love to play as them first rather than Nathan. Nothing against him tho!

The story of The Lost Legacy focuses on Chloe and Nadine personally (and those are imo also the best parts of the story), there is a lot of talk about what happened to the two in other Uncharted titles, especially Nadine in UC4. To fully appreciate her, I think you should play UC4 before, where you are actually pitted against her. I often thought that a lot of stuff mentioned or happening in TLL would be lost on me or lose impact if I hadn't played UC4. Chloe and Nadine are also not the only links to UC4. Can't say much more, because that would probably go into spoiler territory.
I actually think UC4 would be the best starting point for a newcomer to the series...it was for me. ;)

unsurprisingly, the ign youtube video has a strong dislike bar.

Yeah. While the reviewer is entitled to his opinion, I find it bizarre they got someone to review it who was vocal about not really liking Uncharted 4. Meanwhile, they didn't choose the lady who reviewed and gave Uncharted 4 a 9.0.

I bet she would have given Lost Legacy at least an 8.5, and there would have been continuity between their Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy opinions. Bad decision by the reviews editor at IGN.

Alienous

Hey! Is this a good starting point for the series? I'd love to play as them first rather than Nathan. Nothing against him tho!

Having not played it I wouldn't let unfamiliarity with the series scare you off. People jumped in with Uncharted 4, and that built on 3 game's worth of developments (if you count Uncharted 3). Based on what the developers have said this is an isolated story from Uncharted 4, and the main characters haven't been explored a ton in the preceding games, so there doesn't seem to be (in my uninformed opinion) anything prohibitive about jumping into the series with this game. Uncharted games are generally made to be accessible experiences anyway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Gameplay-wise this is such a fine crystallization of what makes Uncharted great, that I'd recommend it to newcomers. Storywise it stands on its own, but there are some ties to U4.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Haven't read up on this to avoid spoilers. Questions:

Does it have multiplayer?
How long have they said the game is?
Will it feel like a full uncharted game or a condensed spinoff?

RDreamer

[TW]Stone;246549314 said:
Haven't read up on this to avoid spoilers. Questions:

Does it have multiplayer?
How long have they said the game is?
Will it feel like a full uncharted game or a condensed spinoff?

1) Yes full multiplayer
2) About the length of Uncharted 1. So like 8-11 hours depending on if you're faster or slower.
3) It'll feel more condensed than UC4 since that was a pretty long Uncharted game but probably pretty in line with 1-3. Might feel a bit different since there's no Drake so maybe some spinoff vibes but it doesn't seem like it feels spinoff as far as budget and stuff though.

1) Yes full multiplayer
2) About the length of Uncharted 1. So like 8-11 hours depending on if you're faster or slower.
3) It'll feel more condensed than UC4 since that was a pretty long Uncharted game but probably pretty in line with 1-3. Might feel a bit different since there's no Drake so maybe some spinoff vibes but it doesn't seem like it feels spinoff as far as budget and stuff though.

Woah, didnt expect that but that is great news.

Im guessing also a plat trophy?

AdaWong

NaughtyDog please make this full fledged franchise starring Chloe. We need more Female/POC leads and just in general Chloe is fucking amazing.

Megatron

NaughtyDog please make this full fledged franchise starring Chloe. We need more Female/POC leads and just in general Chloe is fucking amazing.

I dont really expect Naughty dog to make another Uncharted for a loooong time. Might have to spin the franchise off to Sony Bend or some one.

Floody

I dont really expect Naughty dog to make another Uncharted for a loooong time. Might have to spin the franchise off to Sony Bend or some one.

I think it'll depend on what Straley wants to do. Druckmann and his team will probably be doing TLoU stuff for the foreseeable future, so he'll probably take a small team, whilst the majority are working on TLoU 2 and work on something separately.

To be honest, I doubt any other studio can really handle the franchise. The spit and shine that makes the series is a very ND thing. The world in TLL is spectactularly put together and there are moments in game, I looked at the screen and thought "seriously, no other dev house can make this"

Unknown?

Hence, jaggy as all hell because they refuse to put ANY AA in there. PS2 classics are unplayable to me right now.

There is no reason whatsoever to replay that whole game to enjoy this lol.

Have you played a PS2 title on PS4? They are clean! Ape Escape 2 looks fantastic.

Kinyou

So the preload just started and even though I'm only a season pass owner it also began to preload Jak and Dexter. I thought this was only for people who pre-ordered Lost legacy from the store? Did ND change something last minute?

JP

It's not showing up for me, not even showing up on the store either. Not a big deal either way.
Which region are people in who aren't showing Jak & Daxter? I'm in the UK and I know somebody else who said they had it was in the same region.

Have you tried downloading The Lost Legacy from the store as I mentioned in my post? I hadn't seen Jak & Daxter until after I tried that, it may not have been related to doing that but it's worth trying.

It's probably worth mentioning that I bought the Digital Deluxe edition of Uncharted 4.

Just incredible they made such a game in less than a year. The fact that reviewers judge it to such standards should speak volumes.

I'm so ready.

Yeah. While the reviewer is entitled to his opinion, I find it bizarre they got someone to review it who was vocal about not really liking Uncharted 4. Meanwhile, they didn't choose the lady who reviewed and gave Uncharted 4 a 9.0.

I bet she would have given Lost Legacy at least an 8.5, and there would have been continuity between their Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy opinions. Bad decision by the reviews editor at IGN.

yeah i would've liked if they got her on this one, too. if you don't like a certain type of game i don't think a followup is meant to sway you into liking it, it's meant to get those who did like it to continue

Is it more like 2, 3, or 4 in terms of gun battles?

How much tactical experimentation is afforded by Moderate? How about Hard?

2 and 3 were fantastic on Hard. 4's sweet spot appears to be Moderate.

Endo Punk

Can you download Jak & Daxter from the store? I can't find it. (PSN BR)

Well it allowed me to pre-order Lost Legacy which I thought wasn't possible last time I checked because I own the season pass for UC4. When the clock hit midnight I was Pre-loading both Lost Legacy and J&D. UK btw.

Don't think Jak and Daxter is available on its own currently , will have to wait a day or 2.

WITHE1982

Add me to the list of those who unexpectedly got Jak and Daxter (and a theme) with my lost legacy, despite not pre-ordering and only having the season pass.

I hope we get to keep it as i'd like to plat that game again if it has one.

Is it more like 2, 3, or 4 in terms of gun battles?

How much tactical experimentation is afforded by Moderate? How about Hard?

2 and 3 were fantastic on Hard. 4's sweet spot appears to be Moderate.

I played it on hard. It was a fun game on hard. gun fights can get tricky and it as tactical.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question for those of you who have finished TLL. I just finished watching ACG's latest international podcast and Karak talks about there being a "mystery area" in the game.

My question is - can this mystery area be missed when playing the game? I don't want to play through the game and find out that I missed something good. Thanks.

Grisby

Preloading. SP is only 10 gb? Guessing the multi takes up the other 30 something gigs. Got a lot of MP unlocks already so I anxious to get to it.

I'm ready for another murder adventure starring Chloe.

Edit-How do I get back to that choice to download the MP for the preload?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's interesting. It doesn't show up in my library, I only have Uncharted. I can't even find Jak and Daxter (US store) to try to download it and see if it works.
It's not showing up for me, not even showing up on the store either. Not a big deal either way.

Did you look up The Lost Legacy on the (web?) store and pre-order it at no cost? That seems to be key.

SlickVic

Did you look up The Lost Legacy on the (web?) store and pre-order it at no cost? That seems to be key.

I did that a few days ago and don't see Jak and Daxter in my game list. I bought the Explorer's Pack previously. Doesn't really matter to me though. Just glad to have The Lost Legacy all preloaded.

tootie923

I did that a few days ago and don't see Jak and Daxter in my game list. I bought the Explorer's Pack previously. Doesn't really matter to me though. Just glad to have The Lost Legacy all preloaded.

Same thing, I got the Explorer's Pack and pre-loaded LL today. No Jak. It seems to be some people in the UK getting it? I'm in the US.

Gamespawn

Which region are people in who aren't showing Jak & Daxter? I'm in the UK and I know somebody else who said they had it was in the same region.

Have you tried downloading The Lost Legacy from the store as I mentioned in my post? I hadn't seen Jak & Daxter until after I tried that, it may not have been related to doing that but it's worth trying.

It's probably worth mentioning that I bought the Digital Deluxe edition of Uncharted 4.

NA. Bought the DD edition and when i clicked preorder, only thing that downloaded was the theme with the game and MP add-ons. No sign of J&D anywhere. Even tried deleting and re-downloading.

aparisi2274

I picked up the game yesterday in NYC and finished it today.... I give it a solid 85/100.

Here are some thoughts (Spoiler Marked of course):

Short game. Around 10hrs
9 chapters
Some minor gameplay mechanic issues, nothing to detracting.
Awesome story
Some awesome set pieces (its Uncharted, so thats a given)
Devious, yet fun puzzles
Nice to see Sam Drake show up.
Game definitely feels as if it started life as DLC for UC4 and over time ND decided to make it its own game.
Decent Villain.

AdaWong

I agree that the story is great. And man the atmosphere and environments are wonderful. The characters (Chloe especially) are really well-written.

AdaWong

Can we have an OT for this?

Spoilers about a particular scene:
When Chloe realized what the thing her father gave her was and started crying..
Her facial experssions and emotions were fucking amazing. Well done, Claudia Black.
:(

Top Bottom