• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paladins Open Beta Thread | PC

NeoRaider

I won this in a giveaway today:

dreamhackmaeve_promo_lvsw2.png

Yay. Nice skin for one of my favorite characters.

BTW. Are we getting OB55 tomorrow? I have 13k coins ready for new champion.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jenos is pretty great healer, too bad no one notices your heals for some odd reason (no green aura).

selo

Jenos is pretty great healer, too bad no one notices your heals for some odd reason (no green aura).

Haha yeah. I've had games where my team spams VHS constantly asking me to heal and in the end game report I end up as best healer with 150-220k+ healing.

He's pretty fun to play, the Q ability is pretty good for taking down annoying flanks. At first I thought his ult was OP, but when you play the character you notice that its actually pretty hard to land consistently.

Also, ranked 2.0 coming next Wednesday! Its kinda neat that you can 5man queue in most of the tiers. Should be exciting.

tamminen

Is this one of those games that puts a new player in crazy good teams just to make them feel good at the beginning? Im probably the worst fps player in the history of mankind and ive yet to lose a single match in the first 2 hours Ive played. Im mostly playing the raccoon dude with the healing grenade and the streaks are crazy.

Im sure Ill lose every single match the next time I log in. Gotta say its a ton of fun so far though. I hated Overwatch but this is sweet. I might change my opinion once the losing streak starts though hahah!

NeoRaider

Is this one of those games that puts a new player in crazy good teams just to make them feel good at the beginning? Im probably the worst fps player in the history of mankind and ive yet to lose a single match in the first 2 hours Ive played. Im mostly playing the raccoon dude with the healing grenade and the streaks are crazy.

Im sure Ill lose every single match the next time I log in. Gotta say its a ton of fun so far though. I hated Overwatch but this is sweet. I might change my opinion once the losing streak starts though hahah!

You are sweet.
You get paired with bots until you hit level 5.

Wow I fucking knew it.

Edit: WAIT IM LEVEL6! And still going strong lol.

Then you are a good Pip! :)

Remember to heal your buddies, is not unusual for Pip player to play almost flank-like, but your job is to keep your team alive.

As a Pip main myself, many of my Paladins friends came to be after being a decent support with them :)

Mulgrok

Started playing this a few hours ago, and have been using only Pip. Fun to stand back and lob bombs at things. Best is healing people around a corner with well placed grenade.

EDIT: unlocked Barik for turret fun, but his turrets are weak as hell so not so fun.
EDIT2: I think i figured out the turrets. Maxed the cards that heal me and the turrets when I stand by them.

EDIT3: Thinking about getting the supporter pack to unlock all heroes. Should I just buy Overwatch instead? Never played that.

Mulgrok

Loving Barik with max turret focus. He can be almost impossible for a single opponent to kill. Sucks when they figure out me and my turrets heal each other by staying together so they knock me away.

selo

You guys did placement matches yet? Did 5 so far and got 2-3, not looking good.
Bronze tier here I come.

I finished them yesterday. I was doing relatively well, at 8-3. Then a string of bad team compositions (people picking dual flanks, no healers and stuff) and I ended up being 8-7 :(. Got placed in Gold IV u_u.

Mulgrok

Enjoying the game enough that I bought the supporter pack. It is nice to have all champions available.

Something is messed up, I did the 2nd most damage in a game and was doing 4k to people, but never took them below half hp when they were not getting healed. got no kills.

kurahador

Thanks for Lian's tip. Owning left and right with her now lol. Still trying to get used to her ult though.

Something is messed up, I did the 2nd most damage in a game and was doing 4k to people, but never took them below half hp when they were not getting healed. got no kills.

I think the game counts damage towards turrets, shields and splashes.

NeoRaider

This is my final Lian Loadout i think:

hceiehi.jpg

It's little better than previous one, and it fits my playstyle more. I am very "aggressive" with her. I see many ppl are playing her like she is a sniper, i don't.

So this + Morale Boost + Alacrity is great Lian and 1000% better than Basic Lian.

tamminen

Aww yiss my first penta. Viktor ult, of course.

I really like what theyve done with the support heroes in this game. Good damage, can play agressively and still heal. Ying feels a bit weird but np theres plenty to choose from.

Mulgrok

Payload as Barik is hilarious when i put turrets on the cart. At least doing that means I don't have to drop them every few feet as it moves. Unfortunately his barrier doesn't like to stay on the cart.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Another day, another match playing flank with team members bitching at you to kill Kinessa, which you've done, consistently.

Meccs

Haven't played this in like 6 month or so and only played like 20 hours. What is the state of the game currently? I remember there being an outrage at some point because they changed something currency related? Would you consider it worth checking out again at the current state?

Haven't played this in like 6 month or so and only played like 20 hours. What is the state of the game currently? I remember there being an outrage at some point because they changed something currency related? Would you consider it worth checking out again at the current state?

It's never not been worth checking out

Mulgrok

finished the 15 initial competitive matches and it put me into Gold 1, is that good? Also got plushy Makoa costume from the chest it gave me. He looks adorable now.

After playing for hundreds of hours I stopped for about a couple of weeks to play other stuff but loaded it up and started my placement matches.

At 8 wins and one loss so far, hopefully I can keep it up to place high.

Boss Doggie

Wow, I got Platinum V in clearing my eligibility, and got a Nova Strike Kinessa too.

So what happens now? Is my rank gonna disappear if I don't play?

hollomat

Banned
It's insane how stupid people can be in this game. I'm up to lvl 10 now and in about 90% of my games, there's one or two people on my team who just don't buy items the entire game.

I tell them to buy items through chat and they just ignore it. Somehow they know enough to turn off auto buy items, but not enough to actually buy items.

Boss Doggie

could be worse, could be deft hands sha lin, grover and maeve

or rejuvinate ying and grohk as a solo healer

tamminen

Well, now this is troublesome. Im playing on ps4 and just finished my placement games. They threw me to plat2 which I guess is pretty good but now Im getting a truckload of hate messages cause Im playing low level champions. Well, low level champions is all I got since Ive played this for bit over a week now duh.

I dont know man. I guess I need to stick to normal games and get some "mains" to higher levels. What a stupid concept to show the champion level to everybody just so they can get a scapegoat to blame on for a loss.

Meccs

I play on PC. Are the "Aim Acceleration" and "Acceleration Strength" settings just for controllers? Should I just leave them? I don't want any acceleration on my mouse.

Meccs

I only play casual and all the premades are killing the game for me. I can immediately tell if I am up against a premade with at least 3 people on a team and this is very hard to counter if you are all solo players. Dunno why there isn't a solo queue. I even would wait longer for a match for that.

Espada

I only play casual and all the premades are killing the game for me. I can immediately tell if I am up against a premade with at least 3 people on a team and this is very hard to counter if you are all solo players. Dunno why there isn't a solo queue. I even would wait longer for a match for that.

Honestly, I agree. I'm tired of being destroyed by teams like that while the randoms I'm with get upset at you by simply asking for help through the VGS.

Top Bottom