• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Beefy

@juventusfcen

Agnelli: "This new logo is a symbol of the Juventus way of living." #2beJUVENTUS

C2UikxkWIAEFzIW.jpg

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/821101166767521792

Looks like shit

Jarnet87

Louis Van Gaal retires ~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38645667

Wasn't the right manager for Man Utd, or the Premier League, but he managed an FA Cup so credit for that.

He helped start the change at United, something Moyes failed to do when it was desperately needed. He introduced a different style of play and cleared out trash. On the negative side the football was mostly dire and he could never establish any consistency. Maybe if he had been more adaptable. And most of signings did not work out despite looking good on paper.

NHale

Jorge Mendes is trying to cash in China right now because the money is available now, and no one can assure the craziness will continue in the Summer. That's why Costa wants to leave now and not in the Summer.

Apparently he tried to sell Falcao but he didn't wanted to go. Raul Jimenez as well.

Also it seems that José Fonte made a huge mistake handing out his transfer request because apparently both Liverpool and United are no longer interested in him according to Portuguese newspapers.

Beefy

Jorge Mendes is trying to cash in China right now because the money is available now, and no one can assure the craziness will continue in the Summer. That's why Costa wants to leave now and not in the Summer.

Apparently he tried to sell Falcao but he didn't wanted to go. Raul Jimenez as well.

Also it seems that José Fonte made a huge mistake handing out his transfer request because apparently both Liverpool and United are no longer interested in him according to Portuguese newspapers.

Yep as a Saints fan. I find it kind of funny about Fonte.

Remember, folks. BBC One tonight at 8. Lincoln City versus the mighty Ipswich Town.

Can't believe they chose that over Plymouth vs Liverpool.

I expect they expect an upset. Although if you ask any Town fan they'll tell you a Lincoln win is in no way an upset.

Pachimari

I hope that come summer, when we offload James and Pepe, that we bring back Jesus Vallejo and Diego Llorente. That's all we need. Not some superstar striker or winger.

NHale

I think they will or Benfica.

Benfica only want him as a replacement for Lindelof. But now Man United is not interested anymore.

Everyone seems to think Griezmann will be at United next year. Morata would be my guess if that happens.

He gave an interview this year saying he is a Man United fan since childhood and always wanted to play there. Plus he's a very good friend of Pogba. Then both Mourinho and Simeone share the same type of mentality/tactics and he already said he likes to play in that system.

Adding all that up it makes those rumors make a lot of sense.

Audioboxer

Benfica only want him as a replacement for Lindelof. But now Man United is not interested anymore.

He gave an interview this year saying he is a Man United fan since childhood and always wanted to play there. Plus he's a very good friend of Pogba. Then both Mourinho and Simeone share the same type of mentality/tactics and he already said he likes to play in that system.

It's nice to want things, because I want them too.

Until then now that Pogba is back, number 1 signing on FM2017.

Beefy

I just want him gone now as do many Saints fans. The guy has talked shit since winning the Euro's, sadly he let his agent (Mendes) get into his head.

Audioboxer

Diving bans: Football Association considers introducing retrospective bans

The Football Association is looking at introducing retrospective bans to English football for players who dive or feign injury.

Officials will go on a fact-finding trip to Scotland, where retrospective bans are already used.

In England, players are currently only given retrospective bans for incidents of violent conduct.

More @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38650163

DBT85

The French connection.

Speaking of United, Valencias contract extended by a year

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

Good news considering how he has reinvented himself as an attacking right back. Just needs a slightly better ball from time to time, but a top guy.

Yeah, he doesn't ALWAYS run to the touchline and then turn back now. Mou has managed to get him to cross a bit more again.

We pray.

About time.

Want them to mic up and chest cam the refs too tbh.

On the flip side, if players are going to be encouraged to stay on their feet (good) refs do need to award fouls and pens still. Half the issue right now is that the refs don;t give as much if you stay on your feet. The other half is the brain dead idea that if you've been touched you're almost entitled to go down.

Audioboxer

Yeah, he doesn't ALWAYS run to the touchline and then turn back now. Mou has managed to get him to cross a bit more again.

We pray.

About time.

Want them to mic up and chest cam the refs too tbh.

On the flip side, if players are going to be encouraged to stay on their feet (good) refs do need to award fouls and pens still. Half the issue right now is that the refs don;t give as much if you stay on your feet. The other half is the brain dead idea that if you've been touched you're almost entitled to go down.

I think it'll only go after clear dives or when players feign the likes of face injuries. It is fair to say if you're running at pace and get nudged you can take a flyer. Doubt the FA will get involved in trying to micro-manage subjective cases. Simply objective ones where it is blatantly obvious.

Embarrassing for Ipswich.

Lincoln were very unfortunate not to win in the first game. Outplayed us then just like they did tonight. Brighton will go there in the next round and win by 2 or 3, as you'd expect from a Championship side.

Mick has to go now. He's done great here. Saved us from relegation and even got us to the play offs, but now we've hit a wall and he's too pig headed to change anything. The same group of shitty, uninspiring players week in week out. I know he has absolutely no money to spend, but we've got some half decent players in our youth team who would put in far better performances than that shower on display tonight.

But he won't be sacked. Who would want to replace him?

Football is a wank!

Syder

There's been a story doing the rounds that Mike Dean has been 'demoted' to the Championship for his recent performances. Not seen it confirmed by any reputable sources but if it is true I think it's ridiculous, it's like admitting Championship games matter less. How does Mike Dean learn anything from this? Don't get me wrong, the guy's an attention whore but the FA need to be doing more to protect refs from widespread scrutiny and abuse by letting them defend and explain their decisions. Obviously, video refs fix this instantly too.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There's been a story doing the rounds that Mike Dean has been 'demoted' to the Championship for his recent performances. Not seen it confirmed by any reputable sources but if it is true I think it's ridiculous, it's like admitting Championship games matter less. How does Mike Dean learn anything from this? Don't get me wrong, the guy's an attention whore but the FA need to be doing more to protect refs from widespread scrutiny and abuse by letting them defend and explain their decisions. Obviously, video refs fix this instantly too.
I agree. Moronic how video refs aren't a thing. They're essential in rugby.

Top Bottom