• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not a joke per se, I liked the back and forth between Bruce and Diana in the trailer.

WW: He said he'll fight with us?
BW: More or less.
WW: More more or more less?
BW: Probably more less.
WW: He said no.
BW: He said no.

Edit: I have no idea why I went with WW - Wonder Woman and BW - Bruce Wayne. Seemed logical at the time.

firelogic
(Today, 03:43 PM)

;p

J_Viper

I've been telling myself this kind of shit since the trailers for Suicide Squad, all the way until release. I think I'm entitled to worry a smidge.

I definitely understand the concern, but SS was a fucked up production from Day 1.

No matter what trouble JL may or may not be going through, it can't possibly get to that level

I definitely understand the concern, but SS was a fucked up production from Day 1.

No matter what trouble JL may or may not be going through, it can't possibly get to that level

It can, if the suits just see dollar signs.

I don't like being a negative nancy, but I do believe that you have to be vocal and hope someone hears, otherwise expect little to no change.

If its like AoU then I'm worried. AoU went way overboard with the quips. I think it would have benefited from being darker like the trailers suggested.

If its like AoU then I'm worried. AoU went way overboard with the quips. I think it would have benefited from being darker like the trailers suggested.

Age of Ultron would have been a wildly superior movie if they could have stopped with the quips or even a few minutes at a time. Utterly destroyed Ultron's sense of menace. Dude kept stepping on his own lines.

all WB needs to do is let Snyder cook... for better or for worse. It's why MoS is their best film yet. Hands off, it why all the worst Marble flicks are the ones with Corporate hands all over them... i.e.
Thor 2 lol,
Ultron, Iron Man 2.

full
full

Odoul

I haven't had a chance to look for it myself to confirm but someone on the subreddit mentioned the BoF guy clarified in a Twitter convo that the "mess" is about them going overboard with jokes in JL and they aren't landing.

Wow. That is fantastic.

It's almost like EVERYONE could see that coming from a mile away.

All this pandering, relentlessly positive, joke a minute hope and optimism comes off as unnatural, insincere and reactionary?

Fuck.

LionPride

Banned
While not a joke per se, I liked the back and forth between Bruce and Diana in the trailer.

WW: He said he'll fight with us?
BW: More or less.
WW: More more or more less?
BW: Probably more less.
WW: He said no.
BW: He said no.

Edit: I have no idea why I went with WW - Wonder Woman and BW - Bruce Wayne. Seemed logical at the time.
Yeah some stuff like that is good, I didn't think the Barry/Bruce stuff was funny but that's just me

all WB needs to do is let Snyder cook... for better or for worse. It's why MoS is their best film yet. Hands off, it why all the worst Marble flicks are the ones with Corporate hands all over them... i.e.
Thor 2 lol,
Ultron, Iron Man 2.

full
full
No lies detected.

I'm into the idea of Batman being sardonic and Flash beaming with optimism. Hard to tell from the brief footage but that interaction right there is fertile ground.

firelogic

I'm into the idea of Batman being sardonic and Flash beaming with optimism. Hard to tell from the brief footage but that interaction right there is fertile ground.

Yeah I wouldn't mind if they go for an animated Justice League Batman. He's blunt, sarcastic, and a little bit of a dick with zero empathy (most of the time).

Spoilers for Justice League cartoon
Best Batman Moments

J_Viper

I haven't had a chance to look for it myself to confirm but someone on the subreddit mentioned the BoF guy clarified in a Twitter convo that the "mess" is about them going overboard with jokes in JL and they aren't landing.

Did he mention a source, or is he backing up his claims with that one Twitter poster who made the same statement?

a916

I would prefer if they kept the humor a bit, not obvious.

I don't want whatever the hell Age of Ultron was (in terms of jokes) but Dr Strange was pretty good. Rogue One was a bit too forceful with the jokes too but they all landed.

Seeming like Brad Peyton might direct Shazam. Lame choice if true. Guy has a stable relationship with The Rock and his frequent producers. He made Journey 2 and San Andreas, as reference.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't think there's a final cut yet anyway. Whatever this person saw could literally be a first or second cut. I've watched too many behind the scenes docs on DVD's to know that the first few cuts of a movie are never the best or tightest.

ReiGun

I think it's too far out to be putting a ton of stock in "It's a mess" rumors. Like wingfan said, it could very well be that they didn't watch a final cut.

At this point, who knows. However, it should be noted that one of the people in that crew also said Suicide Squad was a mess and he turned out to be right.

https://twitter.com/bobfinstock/status/730058203061358596

Even here, note that this was said much closer to the film's actual release.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, why is it these DC films are always soooooo ready way before release? Wouldn't they be testing it right now with vfx, editing it and what not? Seriously now, these rumours from one's ass are so pissing me off! It's obvious critics will bash the living shit out of it anyway after all this and base their likes and dislikes based on these rampant nonsensical stories.

kmfdmpig

So, why is it these DC films are always soooooo ready way before release? Wouldn't they be testing it right now with vfx, editing it and what not? Seriously now, these rumours from one's ass are so pissing me off! It's obvious critics will bash the living shit out of it anyway after all this and base their likes and dislikes based on these rampant nonsensical stories.

It almost seems like having an article about it generates clicks or a podcast generates listens as Marvel fans eat that shit up and DC fans listen as well. It may well be true, I hope not, but I don't put a ton of faith in one unnamed person's opinion of a film that's likely not fully put together yet.

Ross61

Not going to step into that WW thread, but a DC Insider? Most DC staff don't even see the movie till the premiere and the ones who do wouldn't leak information like that.

Busty

Banned
So Wonder Woman sucks apparently /s

If you want to watch the actual clip and get context, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rEYHUsEc18&feature=youtu.be&t=6093

I don't believe it for a second.

Everything is locked down tight at WB so I seriously doubt that someone in the 'community' of some Youtube panel show has seen anything from this film.

Seeming like Brad Peyton might direct Shazam. Lame choice if true. Guy has a stable relationship with The Rock and his frequent producers. He made Journey 2 and San Andreas, as reference.

I doubt that Peyton would direct Shazam unless WB/New Line were to delay it yet again as Rampage is due for release in April 2018 and I believe that, at the moment, Shazam is currently pencilled in for release April 2019.

That seems too tight a window to get something VFX heavy like Shazam done. But perhaps, given that he has experience with tent poles and VFX etc, etc, the studio could be looking at him for another DCU project further down the line.

Like clockwork. Every DC movie will have someone say it's a mess.

We really need a critical hit just so this BS can hopefully stop. I don't really care how well received something is as long as I enjoy it but I'm soo sick of hearing this stuff over and over again. WW plz don't let me down :(

jrush64

Banned
Meh I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I hope its not though. On GAF just say any DC movie is a mess and you get cool points along with a click-bait topic.

"Wonder Woman is not the female superhero movie you need, wait for Captain Marvel instead"

Ross61

Could Guillermo Del Toro be giving DCEU another go? I have hardly anything to connect this and it's mostly nonsense, but Davis Goyer and his co-writer Justin Rhodes are also the writers for another Del Toro project called Fantastic Voyage. Like I said, Goyer or the studio could have recognized that he needed a co-writer and chose someone he worked well with before and my speculation could be nonsense.

Ahasverus

As if there was anything resembling a final cut of WW. Jenkins and Johns must be handling the editing with silk gloves after the last few, ehm, casualities.

guek

Banned
We really need a critical hit just so this BS can hopefully stop. I don't really care how well received something is as long as I enjoy it but I'm soo sick of hearing this stuff over and over again. WW plz don't let me down :(
Pretty much. It's all confirmation bias into then. People will continue to expect the worst until given a reason not to.

Ninjimbo

Pretty much. It's all confirmation bias into then. People will continue to expect the worst until given a reason not to.
I don't expect WW or JL to sway anyone's minds tbh. At least around GAF.

I still think it's too early for reboot talk. SS made a ton of money. If WW and JL do the same, why on earth should a reboot happen?

With the reception of the previous two movies, it shouldn't be a surprise that someone will say it about this and a movie even further off, Justice League.

I don't trust insiders taste on movies, but I will give credence to actual information like casting, location shoots, etc.

It's funny, any positive rumors about how well a DC movie is going will hardly get attention and will be downplayed. Negative rumors? It can only be right. Fuck that noise.

LionPride

Banned
With the reception of the previous two movies, it shouldn't be a surprise that someone will say it about this and a movie even further off, Justice League.

I don't trust insiders taste on movies, but I will give credence to actual information like casting, location shoots, etc.

It's funny, any positive rumors about how well a DC movie is going will hardly get attention and will be downplayed. Negative rumors? It can only be right. Fuck that noise.
What positive rumors have there been though?

guek

Banned
I don't expect WW or JL to sway anyone's minds tbh. At least around GAF.

I still think it's too early for reboot talk. SS made a ton of money. If WW and JL do the same, why on earth should a reboot happen?
Reboot talks is just wishful thinking by some.

Tabby

My uncle's brother's girlfriend's son says that Avengers Infinity War is trash and they're rebooting the MCU.

Should I make a new thread about this?

I doubt that Peyton would direct Shazam unless WB/New Line were to delay it yet again as Rampage is due for release in April 2018 and I believe that, at the moment, Shazam is currently pencilled in for release April 2019.

That seems too tight a window to get something VFX heavy like Shazam done. But perhaps, given that he has experience with tent poles and VFX etc, etc, the studio could be looking at him for another DCU project further down the line.

There's the possibility he's another producer on the project and they find another director.

jmood88

You understand that there's a reason for that, right? If Warner had been putting out DC movies that were universally loved, then people would be willing ignore random negative reports but since this is coming after a string of bad movies (with rumors about the issues with each movie having come out before release), people are going to take the negative reports more seriously.

Ninjimbo

You understand that there's a reason for that, right? If Warner had been putting out DC movies that were universally loved, then people would be willing ignore random negative reports but since this is coming after a string of bad movies (with rumors about the issues with each movie having come out before release), people are going to take the negative reports more seriously.
Nah. Rogue One was being shit on despite the glowing reception of TFA. When those reports came out of things not going well, you had to fight off loads of misinformation. A lot of people on GAF are overly cynical and just want to see drama and meltdowns. Most people here don't want to have a serious discussion. They just want to fling shit. DC just happens to be an easy target.

That's the type of audience these movies tend to cultivate. It's how the guys on RLM have made a living.

PBY

Banned
Nah. Rogue One was being shit on despite the glowing reception of TFA. When those reports came out of things not going well, you had to fight off loads of misinformation. A lot of people on GAF are overly cynical and just want to see drama and meltdowns. Most people here don't want to have a serious discussion. They just want to fling shit. DC just happens to be an easy target.

That's the type of audience these movies tend to cultivate. It's how the guys on RLM have made a living.

Just want to say two things:
1 - Sure, most people don't want to have a serious discussion about a dumb comic book movie that probably doesn't warrant it. Its just funny at the moment.
2 - The audiences these movies cultivate, are in fact, the worst. Really an awful cross-section of tribalistic nerd culture.

LionPride

Banned
Just want to say two things:
1 - Sure, most people don't want to have a serious discussion about a dumb comic book movie that probably doesn't warrant it. Its just funny at the moment.
2 - The audiences these movies cultivate, are in fact, the worst. Really an awful cross-section of tribalistic nerd culture.
I don't know who is worse, console wars fans dudes or comic book movie company die hards. It ain't that serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom