• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

DieH@rd

Banned
#whowillitbe

c2s7k5pxgailrpc23zrvo.jpg

xrnzaaas

As an Octavia owner I actually get pretty damn excited for those, though.

The new facelifted Octavia has a very controversial front so I'll give you that. ;p

And I forgot to mention Audi. You already know how they'll look before they're released. ;)

Mastah

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!!!!11

WILLIAMS RACING ‏@WilliamsRacing 4m4 minutes ago

We are pleased to announce that @MassaFelipe19 has agreed to re-join Williams for the 2017 season, on a one-year deal. #WeAreRacing

Who will join Mercedes then?!?

Mercedes-AMG F1 @MercedesAMGF1

Almost there... #GuessWho ;)

C2TJNy2XEAAG66a.jpg:large

Mastah

But is it really Bottas speaking? Might be someone else!

I'm glad for Valtteri, he's a good guy. Hopefully first win is around the corner.

But is it really Bottas speaking? Might be someone else!

I'm glad for Valterri, he's a good guy. Hopefully first win is around the corner.

Glad to see him get an opportunity to prove himself, I can be genuinely interested in the Mercedes team now as they have a driver I am a fan of. Disappointed to see Massa in the Williams, I can see their options were limited and it's only for a year but he has been a lame duck since his accident and should be put out to pasture.

DBT85

Glad its finally over and glad he's got the chance in a top car.

Williams getting Massa back was basically their only choice after they already confirmed the toddler in the other seat, more so with the rule change. They need a baseline comparison.

Zaru

I'm glad for Valtteri, he's a good guy. Hopefully first win is around the corner.

Well I'm certainly looking forward to see him get a little emotional on his first win.
Mercedes would have to fuck up massively for him to miss out, but it's been known to happen.

Well Bottas was consistently better than Massa for the most part, is he expected to trouble Hamilton? Congrats to Bottas though, not everybody gets to move up *cough* Hulkenberg.

DBT85

We are Octavia Bros.

2010 1.8 TSI DSG L&K here :)

Sadly its in on Wednesday as the gearbox is playing up, think its a solenoid on the mechatronic unit for the R, 2, 4, 6 half of the box.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol, same. :(

I got a VRS a year ago and there's no question it'll be my next car too (2 year lease).

We are Octavia Bros.

2010 1.8 TSI DSG L&K here :)

Sadly its in on Wednesday as the gearbox is playing up, think its a solenoid on the mechatronic unit for the R, 2, 4, 6 half of the box.

Look at us superior folks. I have 2008 1.6FSI Combi, which I bought new and since I barely drive anymore am going to drive forever. Luckily I haven't had anything wrong with it yet, aside from tires and regular maintenance every two years I've had no extra expenses. I love that car, got a Chinese VCDS cable and turned on corner lighting and leaving/coming home lights as wel as daytime running lights.

My dad got a new Yeti a few months ago, I wouldn't mind driving that either. My brother is a Seat fan and wants t get the new Alteca, trying to convince him to get a Kodiaq because I love that car, not having much success.

Anyways, Skoda engines in F1, lets make this happen

Happy for Bottas. Hope he can do better than Kovalainen against Lewis.

They start from pretty much completely different situations though. Kovalainen had just had his rookie year and went to the team completely build around Lewis. Bottas has already 4 years under his belt and goes to the team that has showed that they let their drivers fight each other (so much that even this thread had people thinking that Mercedes has conspiracy against Lewis lol). Also changes in rules also helps him in the way that Hamilton also has to get used to the car build with these new rules.

They start from pretty much completely different situations though. Kovalainen had just had his rookie year and went to the team completely build around Lewis. Bottas has already 4 years under his belt and goes to the team that has showed that they let their drivers fight each other (so much that even this thread had people thinking that Mercedes has conspiracy against Lewis lol). Also changes in rules also helps him in the way that Hamilton also has to get used to the car build with these new rules.
Hasn't Lewis driven enough cars under enough different regulations to kind of prove that it doesn't really effect him that much?

Hasn't Lewis driven enough cars under enough different regulations to kind of prove that it doesn't really effect him that much?

Well not saying that he will have problems adapting to it but it at least evens the field between the two from that perspective. Otherwise it would had been Hamilton driving pretty much the same car as he has for years and Bottas having to adapt to new car that behaves completely differently to cars he has driven. Now both have to adapt to some degree.

Well not saying that he will have problems adapting to it but it at least evens the field between the two from that perspective. Otherwise it would had been Hamilton driving pretty much the same car as he has for years and Bottas having to adapt to new car that behaves completely differently to cars he has driven. Now both have to adapt to some degree.
But didn't this already kind of happen when Button moved to McLaren in 2010?

Jorav

Look at us superior folks. I have 2008 1.6FSI Combi, which I bought new and since I barely drive anymore am going to drive forever. Luckily I haven't had anything wrong with it yet, aside from tires and regular maintenance every two years I've had no extra expenses. I love that car, got a Chinese VCDS cable and turned on corner lighting and leaving/coming home lights as wel as daytime running lights.

My dad got a new Yeti a few months ago, I wouldn't mind driving that either. My brother is a Seat fan and wants t get the new Alteca, trying to convince him to get a Kodiaq because I love that car, not having much success.

Anyways, Skoda engines in F1, lets make this happen

I have a Mk3 VRS wagon too, such a good car. Esp after some mods

DBT85

I think he's at least got the balls to make the hard passes so even if he's not as fast overall, he might at least make things interesting.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Bottas is an upgrade from Nico, both in ability and driving style. If Nico was able to beat Lewis on occassion, I think Bottas can do it on the reg.

That is, somewhere around the mid-season. He'll need some time to adjust, I would imagine. He's got two testdays, that's good, but that's nowhere near enough to get the level of confidence in the car that Lewis has at this point.

Kimi has really grown old. There was yearly finnish sport gala and he was actually there in person to receive his award for being biggest sport ambassador of finnish sports. Had pretty lenghty speech too (by Kimi standards).

McLaren 2017 team gear has been sighted and not a splash of orange in sight 🙁

Confirmation of Castrol replacing Mobil 1
C2ZIPIUWEAIueLk.jpg

HAAS and Sauber rumored to be switching to Honda in 2018, HAAS taking a rebadged Acura PU.

DD

McLaren 2017 team gear has been sighted and not a splash of orange in sight 🙁

Confirmation of Castrol replacing Mobil 1
C2ZIPIUWEAIueLk.jpg

HAAS and Sauber rumored to be switching to Honda in 2018, HAAS taking a rebadged Acura PU.

My God, here's hope for a sexy white, green and red Castrol livery.
won't happen, tho. :c

Top Bottom