• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, Luffy is already going to Wano after getting Sanji.

Anyway, Momonosuke going to Wano or Whole Cake is even more risky. He is the most wanted person in Wano and Whole Cake is Big Mom's home and no one can babysit him there.

If he stays in Zou, besides Inuarashi, he can command Zunisha to destroy any ship that comes near.
one of the calamities can just sneak on top of zou depending on what devil fruit they have. only reason zunisha even talked was because jack was stupid enough to attack.

I'd rather Vivi to become part of the crew rather than Jinbe.

Me too. Jinbei is badass and cool but I just can't see him joining the Strawhats shenanigans. And I want a female nakama. :/

one of the calamities can just sneak on top of zou depending on what devil fruit they have. only reason zunisha even talked was because jack was stupid enough to attack.

Could be, but it's just speculation. His decision isn't that irresponsible imo. Kaido was searching for Raizou in the first place, and Raizou isn't in Zou anymore. IIRC, they don't even know Momonosuke is there or how does he looks like. The three other groups are going to fight, Momonusuke will just get in the way and could be captured.

Lunar15

Seriously, I was reading that chapter thinking, "oh ha ha that luffy, jumping off the OH FUCK WHAT, VIVI"

Legit shook.

Cover art for chapter 736.

ghjghjghj1.jpg

Some similar elements. Nami, two cats, bag.

Now here's a crazy one for you if you like cryptic puzzles. Pekoms said that his shell was as hard as diamonds. Nami is holding a diamond in this image to appraise it. What are diamonds valued by? Carats.

There's so many characters lately, and probably more to come. Wano is going to be huge and it honestly feels like it could surpass Dressrosa in length. Straw Hats, Minks, Samurai, Heart Pirates, Marco (and potentially other former Whitebeards), Supernovas and Kaidou's crew. The Grand Fleet, Jinbei and Caesar may also appear as well.

Lunar15

Is this the first time Nami has put on an actual shirt since the timeskip?

I'm gonna go with the coat on Punk Hazard not counting.

Sanji is 5
Vivi is 5.5
------------------------------
Sanji marries Vivi!!!

I'd rather Vivi to become part of the crew rather than Jinbe.

Sanji's actually the 3rd or 4th depending on how you count Nami. 5 is Chopper.

And unlike Vivi, Jinbe can fight and protect himself. Vivi is only a Straw Hat in spirit.

How the hell does usopp create these weapons for nami?!

It's easy to forget that he's Batman.

How the hell does usopp create these weapons for nami?!

The first climatact used in Alabasta was pretty impressive if it is supposed to be "realistic". But then he used the dial technology, now he is using the things he learned in these 2 years. So I guess we can just roll with "magic" now, since those late things don't exist in our reality.

Is this the first time Nami has put on an actual shirt since the timeskip?

Sanji must have felt that with his haki.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sanji's actually the 3rd or 4th depending on how you count Nami. 5 is Chopper.

And unlike Vivi, Jinbe can fight and protect himself. Vivi is only a Straw Hat in spirit.

It's easy to forget that he's Batman.
No, Vivi is definitely a Strawhat. She's just also the princess of Alabasta. Just because she chose to not travel with them doesn't lessen her connection to the crew.

I think only other Strawhats (Vivi included) have given the declarative statement that Luffy will become Pirate King.

I don't understand this.

Luffy Zorro Usopp Sanji

Even if we don't count Nami at all Sanji still is at least 4. And how can Chopper be 5?

Luffy is often considere zero. For instance, in joining chapters, Zoro's was "the first one", Franky (and Usopp's rejoining) was "The third and the seventh"

GaimeGuy

Hmm, have any non Strawhats outright stated that Luffy will be king?

Kater

Banned
I love how Oda finally decides to give Brooke attention from the girls in One Piece and it's Dog Girls of all people who are interested in literally eating him. Life after Death really sucks for him.

Also, Viv is back, yay! It's really good to see her again after all that time.

GaimeGuy

I love how Oda finally decides to give Brooke attention from the girl in One Piece and it's Dog Girls of all people who are interested in literally eating him. Life after Death really sucks for him.

Also, Viv is back, yay! It's really good to see her again after all that time.
He's like 85 years old

Ray Down

Banned
Here is another one but as fruit:
1FB.jpg

Nami joined Luffy after Buggy, she left and "really" joined after Arlong but she is still the third member.

I don't understand this.

Luffy Zorro Usopp Sanji

Even if we don't count Nami at all Sanji still is at least 4. And how can Chopper be 5?

I'm referring to the number in which each member joined Luffy's crew, so Luffy himself isn't included for that reason.

Which means Chopper would be the fifth to join.

1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Usopp
4. Sanji
5. Chopper

This is probably the first time I'm on the other side of an argument like this but, is that really a 6? It just looked like a button to me

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
VIVI WHAT

Kreed

What are you people even talking about. What 6, what button?

In this week's edition of "One Piece future crew discussion that will likely turn out false" they are discussing this panel:

And there's a flap on Nami's backpack. Some posters are speculating that that is a number 6 vs just being a button and the fabric folding around it.

It's pretty obvious that Carrot coming along on the journey to whole cake is something we should expect. What's funny to me is that Oda might be trying to signal that he had some of this planned 2 years ago. Look at that cover, Nami is holding her fingers up in a rabbit ears type gesture and is holding a large (carot) diamond.

And the 6 looks clearer in the full sized scan although it could be supposed to be a button it clearly looks like 6 shape.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah that's.. definitely just a button.

What are you guys trying to say a "6" would even imply, anyway?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

RomanceDawn

I'm still confused why would the 6 be important to Carrot or a crew member? If anything an upside down 9 would be more fitting if it ended up being Carrot inside.

While Jinbe has been marked with a 10, he could be the 10th and final person while Carrot could be 9th person.

8th Person Brook: Straw Hat #9
9th Person Carrot: Straw Hat #10
10th Person Jinbe: Straw hat #11

But then thats all jacked up if you take into account that Sanji officially joined before Nami but she is still counted as the 3rd while Sanji is the 4th. I feel like the same would happen with Jinbe before Carrot.

At the moment I don't see any hints towards Carrot in the bag or future crew mates. Now she is going with the crew, that much is for sure, if she pops out of that back pack, start to develop significantly, then I'll concede that that scene was foreshadowing to her joining. As of now I just don't see it.

Am I even discussing the right thing?

Kreed

Yeah that's.. definitely just a button.

What are you guys trying to say a "6" would even imply, anyway?

It's One Piece crew discussion, anything goes. But in this case the "6" is supposed to be Oda leaving an "easter egg" for either of the following:

-6 people going to rescue Sanji including Pekoms
-6 people going to rescue Sanji not including Pekoms vs Carrot who stowed away somehow.

THEN, there's another discussion going on in regards to the order of the Straw Hats joining, with one poster starting from Zoro (the first to join) and others starting from Luffy (the first Straw Hat), with Nami in multiple positions, and Jinbei being number 10 or not being number 10, which is getting mixed into the number "6" discussion.

The main focus of all these discussions is around Carrot, the current Marguerite/Rebecca/*insert female side character* that a segment of One Piece fans swoon over to the point of wanting her to join the crew.

RomanceDawn

I have no idea. I think some people are talking about Vivi being a certain numbered straw hat or something. Nothing to do with Carrot.

Oh ok.

Well then I'll put in my 2 cents here.

Vivi is officially labeled as Straw Hat 5.5. Oda has made very clear effort to make sure that no one has forgotten about her in all the years that she has been absent from the main cast. Vivi gets random cover pages all the time just like the front and center members.

I wish he numbered Karoo though, he's not chopped liver. He gets pages just as much Vivi, he's probably like 5.6 or something.

There is a balance within the crew as far as strength goes. And while it's completely relative, Usopp is supposed to stay the weakest. Even during her time with the crew Vivi wasn't even as capable of as Usopp. Now that 2 years have passed she would now be a burden to the crew more than ever.

Her role is that of a diplomat, one with influence and political power. Her contributions to the crew will be in the form of hidden agendas when she's making propositions that secretly(or maybe even openly) aid in what ever the Straw Hats are trying to achieve. She is the legitimate Vergo of the Straw Hat crew.

Then we have the number 6. That goes to Chopper for sure while the 6th person goes to Robin. Neither of which got their X'th person chapter. I would only use that button six as foreshadowing on Nami's back pack if the crew and Vivi were all headed to the same place right away. Right now Vivi is going towards Mariejois, and while they may meet up in the middle, it's most likely they won't see each other again until the Reverie arc which will probably happen after the next major immediate events.

If anything, if I saw a random 6 on Vivi, I'd assume that was alluding to Robin getting her 6th Person chapter. It would be a Jinbe/Nami type of dialogue only between Robin and Vivi. Robin getting her chapter after settling her guilt with Vivi would be worth of a 6th Person chapter I think.

So that 6 button? I doubt it's anything but a button and a fold of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom