• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire footage to be shown @ Pokémon GetTV on Sunday

L~A

Show is now over.

First pics :

BnT5rxeIMAAY4de.jpg:large

Video : YouTube

Thanks JoeM86 ;)

And yup, that's it ;)

Disappointed by the lack of gameplay footage (or even screenshots) in the announcement trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? Don't want to wait until E3 to see what the game looks like? Well, good news: Japanese children variety show Pokémon Get☆TV will have the very first gameplay footage of the game this Sunday, at 7.30AM JST (note : that's when the show starts, not when the gameplay footage will be shown).

Time is :

Japan : Sunday @ 7.30AM
Europe : Sunday @ 12.30AM (11.30PM on Saturday for UK)
US East : Saturday @ 6.30PM
US West : Saturday @ 3.30PM

NB: actual reveal should happen during the 2nd half of the show... so add 30mn to the times above ;)

t1399761000z0.png

If there's any stream (and provided it's not against the ToS), I'll post it there. Actually, there's one : YouTube and this one (full show) and this one (if you can't watch livestreams on YT) (please delete if necessary).

Saw this in the announcement thread, but thought it deserved its own thread. Sell me a Golden Magikarp if old/unecessary.

Source (credits to StreetsAhead and JoeM86)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There will probably be an official western video from Nintendo and The Pokemon Company around the same time like they did with X/Y when it came to unveilings. Can't wait for it.

L~A

There will probably be an official western video from Nintendo and The Pokemon Company around the same time like they did with X/Y when it came to unveilings. Can't wait for it.

Hmm... true. That depends on what they show, though. Hope it's an actual trailer.

JoeM86

Is "Japanese Hitler" still on the show?

No. Golgo left when Pokémon Smash ended, as did Red, Akiyama, Yamamoto and Baba. It's all new people now, except Shoko.

Considering how they worldwide these reveals, you are correct. Just like the Mega Mewtwo Y announcement. Came on Smash first, then official PR, video, and pictures 10 minutes later.

Note that when the unveiled HGSS footage on the show that it was only a few seconds of walking. The footage they show may not be a full reveal trailer.

IHaveIce

Banned
It will be running the same engine as X & Y. This is how the games are now.
Fuck. Well hopefully we never get another Lumiose City or something like it.

Wellt at least improve the endgame and give us high level trainers to fight after Elite4

JoeM86

Fuck. Well hopefully we never get another Lumiose City or something like it.

Wellt at least improve the endgame and give us high level trainers to fight after Elite4

All remakes and enhanced versions have a decent post-game. Relax :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Yellow and Crystal (well, Crystal has something at least) but I know what you're saying. The remakes and final versions/sequel in the case of BW have been really polished efforts with almost too much content in some cases. HG/SS in particular was loaded to the brim.

Hoping they tightened up that engine so using 3D doesn't murder the framerate
Or at least an option to turn off things which cause problems. Namely backgrounds in battles (in the Gyms and a few other places there was no background and the framerate was fairly stable...until you mega evolve and then there are once again too many polygons).

IHaveIce

Banned

Yellow and Crystal (well, Crystal has something at least) but I know what you're saying. The remakes and final versions/sequel in the case of BW have been really polished efforts with almost too much content in some cases. HG/SS in particular was loaded to the brim.
Wait what did HG/SS add for postgame?

Chunky

Pleeease go back to overhead camera and just improve the spritework. :(((

Not another X/Y
I loved sprite-based Pokémon, but the games work so much better in 3D; you could tell by Black and White that having to work within the constraints of sprites was not enough. I know X/Y's engine ran like a dog sometimes, but I'm sure that's something they can work on.

Stuart444

I think your timing for Europe/UK is a bit off if it's 7:30am in Japan.

Currently it's just after 5:30pm in Japan, 9:30am in the UK

so +2 hours (7:30pm JST) is 11:30am BST

so it would be 11:30pm BST, 12:30am CEST if it's 7:30am in Japan. (10:30am GMT).

Too bad I really don't like the look of the current generation of Pokemon all that much.... :/
Yeah it's 3D but really what it is is a better looking B/W with 3D models for the characters. The battles while good looking in general ran badly and I'm also not a fan of the 2D artworks for most of the trainers (which also caused the lack of taunts from the opponent which I actually really liked when fighting leaders/rivals).
It just has a taste of "not quite there yet" and it makes me sad to get Ruby/Sapphire remakes in that state. :(
Hopefully Gen 7 will get Red and Blue/Green remakes again in a truly, really good looking full 3D Style ( did I just ask for more remakes of remaked games? Yes, yes I did.......)

L~A

I think your timing for Europe/UK is a bit off if it's 7:30am in Japan.

Currently it's just after 5:30pm in Japan, 9:30am in the UK

so +2 hours (7:30pm JST) is 11:30am BST

so it would be 11:30pm BST, 12:30am CEST if it's 7:30am in Japan. (10:30am GMT).

Damn, you're right. No idea why I thought this would be at 1.30 GMT+2. Fixed.

Stuart444

Damn, you're right. No idea why I thought this would be at 1.30 GMT+2. Fixed.

Haha, no problems. I always double check this stuff.

Speaking of, isn't US East, EDT? That should be 6:30am then, since there is a 5 hour time difference between it and the UK timezone. (not sure about US West but I'm sure you can figure it out from the US East timezone :p )

Sorry to be picky, just mentioning it so anyone that wants to watch it doesn't miss it.

Persona7

Banned
Pleeease go back to overhead camera and just improve the spritework. :(((

Not another X/Y

I feel the same way. It would be cool if they could include the original ROM on the cart or digital download. I would think a VC version would not happen so it does not eat into the profit margin of the remake but they don't even have GBA games available on 3DS VC in the first place.

Neo Child

Banned
People should check out videos of the Digimon 3DS game. That's the visuals Pokemon XY shoulda been pushin.

Not that I'm saying the games good I haven't played it but from a visual standpoint its leaps and bounds beyond XY

Neo Child

Banned
s38822_nds_1.jpg

this is a DS game but

I mean imagine this higher resolution nicer models and junk but a similar style and of course a decent draw distance

GF aren't too hot at 3D. Wonder who they got to make the battle engine.

JoeM86

You guys do know that they went for a style with X & Y, not that it's "bad 3D graphics", but stylised and simple. That was their intent.

JoeM86

Lack of 3D in the overworld was clearly a design choice :lol

What about the possibility it's only in that style because it's the best they could manage to get running at an acceptable framerate?

That's a cynical viewpoint. I'd rather go based on what they have said

LiamR

Hopefully it's a bit more impressive technically than XY was. ALBW did a steady 60fps with or without 3D last year, so that shows what's possible. Maybe now Game Freak have been working with the 3DS for a while now, things will have improved...
I hope :/

VegiHam

My initial reaction was 'but we already know how it'll look don't we' but of course we don't for sure. None of the remakes so far have looked exactly like the other games of their generation so I'm interested to see what makes these visually distinct.

Top Bottom