• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Ogawa-san

Stats be damned, this is my main set now.

tdaHNEb.jpg

Shengar

no wonder my battles take so long.. I just fight with a neutral no element weapon :/

Well, normal weapon usually have high Precision like Oni weapon set or companion weapon set. There shouldn't any huge time difference between the two kind of weapon except yours is severely underpowered.

wilflare

Well, normal weapon usually have high Precision like Oni weapon set or companion weapon set. There shouldn't any huge time difference between the two kind of weapon except yours is severely underpowered.

finishing chapter 4. and I'm Oni Slicer :/ my Steel Bite is upgraded to max though
Oni Slicer is about 303. Steel Bite is 330

my armor suffers the most... barely upgraded to Regulation/Vet

RalchAC

Armor? Bah, you have Nagi!

I only discovered how useful she is when I did a fight without her lol.

In the story mode I usually go with Nagi + Fugaku + that ninja guy who loves my Tenko. I tried another companions and nope. Invisible for purification, healing circle and paralisis are really useful. and with Nagi and that Ninja breaking higher parts is rather easy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What?! How do you make progress so fast?! o_O
I'm still in 7-1 limbo :(

seriously :O what did you do Banana
lol damn I'm missing out on all the fun

He plays during work hours!

Whaaaaa??? I am under the impression that I was the one being left behind by you folks! Hahaha.

And now is nighttime where I live, so yeah.

yeah, here. just spent an hour on the last SP mission just to get killed witch the last boss at 10%. god damn.

That sucked haha. SP I am still at Chapter 7.

wilflare

man finally got to the point of the Cthnonian Fiend... managed to defeat it... but it required 2x Retreats..

guess I should really upgrade my gear and weapons

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is there a list of armour sets out there? Have complete monarch set, half way through chapter 6 and nothing better shown up yet.

I used that set all the way until ch9 in multiplayer. It takes a while before stronger stuff comes along.

If you best the DLC boss a few times, most of the armor sets show up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The game's netcode just sucks. I've had connections drop and game-joining issues in ad-hoc, which is completely independent of router settings.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say, SPT user... explain to me the awesomeness of SPT Master Renewal and Purify. I mean they're the end level skill of Chica and Abe so I suppose they're powerful...? But their description seem so underwhelming, especially Purify. Why should I choose either or both of them over something like, say, Expert Destroyer? Unless I misunderstand the description.....

Also, Expert Destroyer + Expert Destroyer + Expert Destroyer stack, right.....?

Also, just had a rather long 4 missions mp session with a stranger... no issues whatsoever...... ugh so weird.

Scher

Stats be damned, this is my main set now.

Out of curiosity, how do you even obtain that set?

is it me.. or does this game take a long while before you become "awesome!"

I guess that depends on what you mean by "awesome". It's mostly about experimenting with what you have and finding a play style and build that you like. I think all the skills in my current build can be obtained fairly early.

I used that set all the way until ch9 in multiplayer. It takes a while before stronger stuff comes along.

If you best the DLC boss a few times, most of the armor sets show up.

OK cool. So I can now just plow through the single player missions without worry. Thanks

Speaking about armors do people use same set for a set bonus or mix of elements to get simialr protections against all elements ?

Depends. When I can be bothered I set up a set (which is often a mix due to not grinding) for each resistance. However the oni elemental attacks rarely seem to be there main attack so I'm just using monarch set (only had to kill it three times to get full set). Has very nice defence. Very high sky resist. Good resist for everything else accept water. Even then its enough for me.

So you can prob just equip either a balanced set or just concentrate on normal defence and that will work fine.

Shengar

Say, SPT user... explain to me the awesomeness of SPT Master Renewal and Purify. I mean they're the end level skill of Chica and Abe so I suppose they're powerful...? But their description seem so underwhelming, especially Purify. Why should I choose either or both of them over something like, say, Expert Destroyer? Unless I misunderstand the description.....

Also, just had a rather long 4 missions mp session with a stranger... no issues whatsoever...... ugh so weird.
I understand the lack interest in Purify, since purifying (alone) is a long process and more often than not your Spirit Gauge will be fully charged before your purified the said part. Also it's not counting the problem when playing with LCK people that focused on purifying playstye (maximizing Greed) and the redudancy with Renewal. But to ask the awesomeness of Renewal? You aren't a proper SPT user if you don't have Renewal.

wilflare

I guess that depends on what you mean by "awesome". It's mostly about experimenting with what you have and finding a play style and build that you like. I think all the skills in my current build can be obtained fairly early.

hmm I think I started thinking this game is pretty easy. battles are easily taken care of.
but after the experience with the Fiend, it appears to me my ATK Mitama + Sword build isn't good at all.

I'm actually mashing Square and Triangle most of the time (alternating my Circles when I see the time is ripe)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I understand the lack interest in Purify, since purifying (alone) is a long process and more often than not your Spirit Gauge will be fully charged before your purified the said part. Also it's not counting the problem when playing with LCK people that focused on purifying playstye (maximizing Greed) and the redudancy with Renewal. But to ask the awesomeness of Renewal? You aren't a proper SPT user if you don't have Renewal.

Renewal maintains the level of spirit gauge huh, even if you move or knocked out... I guess it can be pretty useful. Purify, meanwhile, seems so useless.

Well, I guess I'll just use Expert Destroyer then in Chica. Now all of my Mitamas that I equip had Expert Destroyer! (Please tell me they stack)

Well I use c&s and the healing mitama skills. My passives mean more to me for damage output. So I have several attack ups. Several knowledge's then a few defencives.

I use the skill that makes you stamina bar last longer then air combo for ages. This builds up the super move Meter really fast and is fasted way to dish damage. The extra heals allow me to be more wreckless.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways to play but this works for me. Only failed a mission once and that was my first attempt at the king and I.

wilflare

Well I use c&s and the healing mitama skills. My passives mean more to me for damage output. So I have several attack ups. Several knowledge's then a few defencives.

I use the skill that makes you stamina bar last longer then air combo for ages. This builds up the super move Meyer really fast and is fasted way to dish damage. The extra heals allow me to be more wreckless.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways to play but this works for me. Only failed a mission once and that was my first attempt at the king and I.

hmm. lol. wait. so those Lv. 1 passive skills etc stack?

hmm. lol. wait. so those Lv. 1 passive skills etc stack?

Yup

They all stack.

If your curious just equip and look at your damage stats. Then change mitama and look at the again.

My c&s does base damage of 451 and 101 sky. With mitama its 559 damage and 161 sky

That's with
Fitness lv2
Tolerance lv2
Stamina lv3
Knowledge lv3
Attack up lv2
Knowledge lv2
Protection lv2
Attack up lv2
Attack up lv3

Ogawa-san

They show up at Tatara's list after you clear both chapters and phases (single/multi respectively). I could be wrong but I didn't notice it before that. Here are the mats, in case it's not showing up for you.

Also, you get to upgrade basic weapons to stuff like these daggers. Stats aren't good, though.

When I get home from class I'd like a group to blaze through phase 7 and possibly 8 with. I get home in 5-6 hours.

If no one's down I'm just gonna go back to playing Lords of Shadow 2.

Scher

When I get home from class I'd like a group to blaze through phase 7 and possibly 8 with. I get home in 5-6 hours.

If no one's down I'm just gonna go back to playing Lords of Shadow 2.

Depending on how quickly I can get done with these articles I need to write about, I will probably be available in about 5 hours. I would like to get through phase 8 since the mitama I really want is on the last phase 8 mission.

Depending on how quickly I can get done with these articles I need to write about, I will probably be available in about 5 hours. I would like to get through phase 8 seem the mitama I really want is on the last phase 8 mission.

You and me against the world then, bro.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Out of curious, what hairstyles do you use?

I use the purple afro setup. It really ups my damage on fabulosity levels when I'm fighting large onis without legs, like the queens and harrow halfs. Been considering going with the red no hair, as it could potentially increase my focus, but decrease my levels of attraction, which sucks cause I use taunt a lot.

What hair setup do y'all have?

krossj

Just finished the solo Cimmerian King quest. The Dissection skill came in super useful. Restores some health every time you sever a breakable even after they have been collected.

ramyeon

They show up at Tatara's list after you clear both chapters and phases (single/multi respectively). I could be wrong but I didn't notice it before that. Here are the mats, in case it's not showing up for you.

Also, you get to upgrade basic weapons to stuff like these daggers. Stats aren't good, though.
You mean after clearing all chapters and phases? I don't think so, I have those in my list already, although the torso part I see is red not pink. Don't have any White Snakeskins to make it with though, what's the best way of getting those?

Also you can find those festival themed weapons as impure objects I'm pretty sure. Found a Taiko Drum themed Spear awhile back.

I just got home. Going to make a couple of sandwiches for dinner and then I'll want that group of badass GAFfers who are going to destroy phases 7 and 8 with me.

This train ain't stopping for anything.

Except "not all players ready" errors.

And disconnects.

And other acts of god.

Scher

I just got home. Going to make a couple of sandwiches for dinner and then I'll want that group of badass GAFfers who are going to destroy phases 7 and 8 with me.

This train ain't stopping for anything.

Except "not all players ready" errors.

And disconnects.

And other acts of god.

I also just got home, so let me know when you're going to start, because I'd love to join.

I didn't want to post two messages in a row but since the thread doesn't update on an edit, I have to.

The room's been up for awhile, guys.

Top Bottom