• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Logs Back into The World November 3

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDX6yRn9Gw

Hello, .hack and PlayStation fans!

Randy here from Bandai Namco. We've been AFK for a while, but now we'd like to welcome you back to The World this Fall. .hack//G.U. Last Recode is coming to PS4 on November 3, 2017, and we couldn't be more excited for you to finish out Haseo's journey.

For those of you wondering if you'll be able to jump right into the series without playing the previous games, the Terminal Disc footage (Included within the game) is here to help you along. There are a series of videos that provide details of what transpired in the first series and help provide context for your upcoming journey.
Gameplay Features and Improvements

Additional gameplay features and tweaks have also been added:
  • Increased Moving Speed – Characters will be able to move faster outside of battles for easier exploration
  • Power Up – Damage done to enemies have increased to improve the pace of battle
  • Reduction of Stun Time – Another improvement to the pace of battle, the amount of stun time has been reduced for quicker battle response and attacks
  • Increase in Exp. Points – Level up quicker with increased experience points after each battle
  • Retry Mode – In the original games, after players were defeated in battle, they would have to return to title screen to restart from the last checkpoint, players will now be allowed to try the same battle again without having to begin all over again
  • And much more...
We've made some huge visual enhancements! Moving from PS2 to PS4 has brought many opportunities for the developers to improve the look and feel of the game. The game has been up-scaled and is now in 16:9 1080p and at 60fps, with a lot of the cut scenes re-mastered – Making sure it stands the test of time.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/22/hackg-u-last-recode-logs-back-into-the-world-november-3/

Neo-Ryudo

the hype is so fucking real right now,

time to go play the originals :D

would have been nice to show off PC specs need to decide between PC and PS4

Man am I stoked! Always wanted to try this series. I'm so happy how many series have been coming back lately. 1080p and 60fps sounds MMMM.

Psxphile

lol that cheat mode
do you still get trophies/achievements for using it? seems meaningless

Vol. 4 cutscenes looking kinda choppy there

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Finally we got release date. Now if EBgames or Amazon.ca would bring it so l can pre-orders the game.

Vol. 4 cutscenes looking kinda choppy there

I think they are using different engine and new art style for cutscenes for Vol. 4

Yeah the Vol. 4 animation style looks like a deliberate choice.

I'm half betting, half hoping that this re-release and the Vol. 4 stuff is CC2 testing to see if there's demand for more .hack and how well they can make more.

BaconHat

Finally we got release date. Now if EBgames or Amazon.ca would bring it so l can pre-orders the game.

I think they are using different engine and new art style for cutscenes for Vol. 4

Best Buy CA has the game available for pre-order if you want it.
As for Amazon CA, it is kinda weird it's still not available, since it has been for a while on the US site.

For my part, I'm ready for it. Got the JP CE pre-ordered and I'll get the english version on Steam.

Avallon

Can someone explain what this is? I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a remastered collection of the first 3 games with additional content in the form of Episode 4, but the PS Blog mentions jumping in without having played the first 3 games.

Someone, please elaborate!

RRockman

Banned
Can someone explain what this is? I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a remastered collection of the first 3 games with additional content in the form of Episode 4, but the PS Blog mentions jumping in without having played the first 3 games.

They might have been referring to jumping in without playing the Prequel quadrilogy with Kite rather than the G.U. Games.

Chilikar

In the original games you could start them without save files from the preceding entry. Instead they gave you preset equipment and character levels which they expect you to have at the beginning of the game.

I'm going to assume they kept that functionality and don't require you to play all 3 games to reach vol 4.

EDIT: or as RRockman says, they likely mean the previous .Hack quadrilogy

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I think they are taking about this.
1351341-my_favorites.png

U don't really need to play first four games to understand the core story of G.U.
same way u don't need to play first Drakengard to understand NieR.

Swiggins

I'm half betting, half hoping that this re-release and the Vol. 4 stuff is CC2 testing to see if there's demand for more .hack and how well they can make more.

Somebody at BAMCO probably saw all the free money that Sword Art Online prints and thought to themselves, "Hang on a tick...didn't we do that like 20 years ago?"

I never really played the G.U. games so I'm getting this for sure. Hope they remaster the original games someday as well. Still haven't played Outbreak and Quarantine.

Ridley327

Can someone fill me in on what this exactly is? I liked the trailers, but I am still pretty confused.

It's an action RPG where you play as a player that just got into a brand new game called The World that has taken the globe by storm, but as you begin playing more of it, it becomes obvious that some players are being impacted by the game in physically harmful ways, which you and other players decide to investigate over the course of each part while still having to play the game "normally" to hide your tracks. They actually did some cool stuff to help augment the normal action RPG gameplay, like having to visit message boards to help uncover more clues to help advance the story, so it used its setup rather well.

Finally, a release date! November can't come soon enough. It will still feel surreal until I have loaded it up and started playing, since I've been wanting this to be a thing for years. Here's to hoping it does well and CC2 proceeds with a new entry to the series developed from the ground up for the current generation.

Looks great. Always regretted not picking up this series as a kid. The cheat mode seems like a really nice addition, too. I'd rather not have to use it, but time is a precious resource these days...

squall23

Can someone fill me in on what this exactly is? I liked the trailers, but I am still pretty confused.
.hack was a PS2 multimedia franchise about a fictional MMORPG that spawned games, animes, mangas, and light novels. You're essentially playing as a character playing a MMORPG.

StereoVsn

That's pretty cool. Ni No Kuni 2 is pushed back to 2018 so that opens up a spot. On the other hand November is very tough month to release except for the biggest games.

Vol. 4 scene is choppy compared to the rest.

Is Yuri Lowenthal back for Haseo?

Hopefully cheat codes disable trophies/steam achievements. Otherwise, what's the point?

This seems like a high fucking quality remaster. November is later than I'd have hoped tho.

I'm still confused as to why they skipped the original tho.

Also I'm hoping if this does well, they do Xenosaga next. Since it's pretty much the last major ps2 franchise not to have a remaster on either PS3 or PS4.

Top Bottom