• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC Options Revealed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8ZlbQ5II4

PC Version set on Low settings running on a 650Ti

PC Version Video Options: (in case video gets taken down)
Vsync (on/off)
Frame Rate Limit (on/off)
Shadow Quality
Shadow Resolution
Spot Shadow Count
Spot Shadow Resolution
Contact Shadows
Post FX AA
Temporal AA
Sharpen Image (%)
Particle Detail
Enable Wind-affected Snow
Volumetric Fog
Reflection Quality
Local Reflection Quality
Sub-surface Scattering
Anisotropic Filtering
Parallax Mapping
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Object Detail (%)
Extra Streaming Distance (%)
Chromatic Aberration (on/off)
Lens Flare (on/off)
Vignette Effect (on/off)

So it seems the difference between the pc version and console version will be quite staggering compared to some other titles.

Kezen

Banned
I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
PC version is under embargo for an other week so yeah someone fucked up.
Based on the other videos on the channel the youtuber doesn't seem to be associated with any outlets.

Shouldn't be too difficult with the very obvious downgrade.
This video looks worse than the xb1 version due to the settings and people are still claiming a "very obvious downgrade." (._. )

ViciousDS

Banned
The game looks good on low and runs 60 fps on a 650ti.....a fucking 650ti. I have good faith massive at least optimized the shit out of this game and higher end rigs could easily max out or hit a great bar.

That PC user could obviously run 30 fps at medium

Smash88

Banned
I think the screenshot thread is going to be alot of The Division when the beta is going on.

I assume there will be no NDA for the Beta?

If so, I'll be posting a bunch of vanilla shots, maxed out, 1440p.

I'm taking into account that Youtube compression makes any game ugly, and the fact that he is playing on low. I'm super curious to see if some of the features promised are still in the game, such as the snow slightly melting and causing slush.

Theorry

I assume there will be no NDA for the Beta?

If so, I'll be posting a bunch of vanilla shots, maxed out, 1440p.

I'm taking into account that Youtube compression makes any game ugly, and the fake he is playing on low. I'm super curious to see if some of the features promised are still in the game, such as the snow slightly melting and causing slush.

Nope. No NDA. :)

oti

Banned
So if I played the Alpha I'm also in the Beta, right? Will we get additional codes for PS4 and PC or do we have to pre-order those versions as well? Still gotta decide between PS4 and PC.

Theorry

So if I played the Alpha I'm also in the Beta, right? Will we get additional codes for PS4 and PC or do we have to pre-order those versions as well? Still gotta decide between PS4 and PC.

If you were in the alpha you get a Beta key. I think you just get one and when you activate it you can select your platform again.

oti

Banned
If you werein the alpha you get a Beta key. I think you just get one and when you activate it you can select your platform again.

OK then, gonna go with PC then. I'll just imagine PS4 runs a bit smoother than Xbox One and try to make a decision based on that. Thank you.

Smash88

Banned
So hows does this % work? Do you simply switch between a number of presets of you have 100 degrees of control over the effect?

Anything with % is scalable from 0% to 100%. Full control, only reason I say that is because Object Detail was set at 38%.

Of course I could be wrong and some could be presets, we just don't know ATM and I (we) can only speculate.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I await the final release when some will complain about awful performance when their hardware can't handle the ultra settings.
When has anyone ever done that..
Sarcasm

Kezen

Banned
Don't forget the NXgamer analysis video showing a 2GB 7870 stuttering at settings for 4GB cards.
You aren't implying the Playstation™ 4® can be matched, are you ? Certainly not by mere PC hardware which let's not forget is not Supercharged®.

You heathen.

In all seriousness I expect a Pitcairn (7850/7870) in a PC environment to very nearly match any console sku if paired with a monstruous Core I3.

Top Bottom