• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Piggus

Why would MS deny a blizzard game on their system?

Because they operate on a moronic closed platform policy. Integrating stuff like Steam and Battlenet (Battlenet is an integral part of modern Blizzard games) into games isn't allowed on 360.

By the time the conferences arrive, their won't be any announcements left that we don't know of.

People say this every year. >_>

Cheska

Would certainly give the game a try if I could play it on my PS3. Not owning a gaming PC and lack of experience with Diablo in general basically led me to not being very hyped for the game. But if I could play it on a console I already own, well that would be neat.

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't believe it. Microsoft would never let such an opportunity go IMO. That and I think Blizzard not want to ship on 1 console after bothering to work on a console version in the first place.

I expect this to be true, but the game shipping for PS3,360 and Wii u.

Maybe BLIZZARD doesent want to launch their game on a console platform in which 50% of the users are constricted to zero or very little storage space [4gb in newer arcade units].

GavinGT

Banned
I call bullshit. Blizzard doesn't move this quickly, and I don't see why a random German retailer would get the scoop on this.

RSP

Called it almost a month ago, here

You should post something like this to draw attention

Icalledit.gif

Cyntec

Would be great since I would like to play the game but..

Activision would agree to this? hardly

tho is more or less the same company, both devisions working independantly from each other. Its almost like Take 2 -> 2k Games<>Rockstar Games.

Instro

They said 3 weeks ago that they were "undecided" on console versions, and that they were not really working on it. I have a hard time believing this rumor.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I wonder how it will go if it does happen. Most people who wanted to play Diablo III have likely done so already.

Did the Diablo release on PS1 sell relatively fine?

Sony to sell authenticators...

You'd be logging in to Battle.net with Blizzard's authenticator.

FWIW, I speculated Vita would get a special offline mode for mobile play, you'd just want to sync regularly so your character stays current. I also think physical copies will come with a one time code to link your Battle.net account. Used copies will be worthless.

I don't believe it. Microsoft would never let such an opportunity go IMO. That and I think Blizzard not want to ship on 1 console after bothering to work on a console version in the first place.

I expect this to be true, but the game shipping for PS3,360 and Wii u.

You're underestimating the amount of control Microsoft wants over its platform. It's also possible Blizzard and Microsoft are still negotiating, and we might end up with an "offline" version in the same vein as Portal 2. Who knows whether that's even feasible given how integrated Battle.net is to the game.

I don't think it's any sort of dealbreaker if Microsoft let's it go either. Game sold really well, and would do good numbers on consoles I'm sure, but I don't think it would amount to anything crazy. People that want to play Diablo 3 are playing Diablo 3, and console-only players and double dippers are probably not as numerous as you'd think.

Instro

Diablo III is not coming to consoles. At least not yet, says Wilson.

"We haven't officially announced it, because we're not 'experimenting,'" he said. "We tell people that basically we're experimenting, because it helps us hire people. The better people we hire, the better chance we have to actually make it."

"That's why we haven't kept it super secret, but we also haven't confirmed it, because we're not sure yet whether we think it will work, and whether we think we have the resources to do it."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzard-undecided-on-diablo-iii-for-consoles-6376563

The article I was talking about in my other post.

DieH@rd

Banned
Blizz tinkered with the console version of d3 for a long time now, and there is still 6+ months until the end of 2012. This could be done.

Nessus

Guessing non-mouse click interface?

If so, if it plays similarly to an action RPG, with button press = sword swing, I might actually be interested..

I just hate *click click click*.

Guessing non-mouse click interface?

If so, if it plays similarly to an action RPG, with button press = sword swing, I might actually be interested..

I just hate *click click click*.

If true, I'm guessing they would give a hard look to Torchlight, which pulled it off pretty well.

MYE

Oh god i hope this is true!!!

Wii U version with interface on tablet would be even better. But I'll gladly take a PS3 version :D

I-hate-u

You're underestimating the amount of control Microsoft wants over its platform. It's also possible Blizzard and Microsoft are still negotiating, and we might end up with an "offline" version in the same vein as Portal 2. Who knows whether that's even feasible given how integrated Battle.net is to the game.

I don't think it's any sort of dealbreaker if Microsoft let's it go either. Game sold really well, and would do good numbers on consoles I'm sure, but I don't think it would amount to anything crazy. People that want to play Diablo 3 are playing Diablo 3, and console-only players and double dippers are probably not as numerous as you'd think.

But that opens the door to more blizzard games on ps systems if true. If Diablo 3 makes to ps3, why woudn't their other games over if they figure out a work around for the controls? Would MS pass up that opportunity to Sony?

Alex

If true, I'm guessing they would give a hard look to Torchlight, which pulled it off pretty well.

Torchlight did do it well, but Diablo III isn't Torchlight by any stretch of the imagination. You would have to absolutely gore the back half of this game to get it to work on a controller, it is way too fast and it is way too precise and you die in milliseconds so when and if it comes, it's probably going to be after some incredibleretuning in addition to all of the infrastructure with the AH and online setup.

I can't imagine this would be until later next year at the earliest. I'd love to double dip though to play with a few different friends, even if its a simpler and different experience.

I always figured they'd leave it be until they expand and on next gen consoles, but that's just leaving money on the table I guess :lol

rSpooky

If so ....I will buy again.. If there is a vita release then I will by it for that as well :p .
Off course it would be really nice if it has a steam like account integration that lets me crossplay/use my current characters.

While Diablo is a huge franchise, just how well would it really do on consoles? To me it seems its one of those games that if people really wanted it they would have picked up for the PC, and in that sense it doesn't make sense limiting the market down further to one console.

Shall be interesting to see how it plays out though.

But that opens the door to more blizzard games on ps systems if true. If Diablo 3 makes to ps3, why woudn't their other games over if they figure out a work around for the controls? Would MS pass up that opportunity to Sony?

Probably. What Blizzard games would they fear going forward? Blizzard is just doing expansions for the next few years until Titan, and I doubt there's any chance of that hitting consoles.

2San

Because they operate on a moronic closed platform policy. Integrating stuff like Steam and Battlenet (Battlenet is an integral part of modern Blizzard games) into games isn't allowed on 360.
Their moronic closed platform policy is also what spared the 360 from always online crap. Sure their policies aren't perfect, but being a closed platform isn't necessarily a bad thing.

An NDA'd journalist at CVG said there would be 2 big surprises at the Sony conference, one of them would be David Cage's new game which he admitted because it had already sort of beeen outted (he said that could probably be game of the show) but he was more coy about the other news, just saying something like gamers would be pleased and surprised. This would fit with that.

Pezking

I've only played the first Diablo on Playstation in 1998 and know next to nothing about Diablo 3, since I only play on consoles.

As far as I know, with the PC version of Diablo 3, a permanent online connection is mandatory.

Is it thinkable that the PS3 version allows a pure offline experience?
If the gameplay is still similar to the first one, this shouldn't be a problem, right?

Top Bottom