• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

Eideka

Banned
Does this mean no PC version?

What ? Why would that mean no PC version ?

It has already been confirmed to land on PC.

watchdogs_1.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, I think it depends on where Wii U is in two years. I expect crossgen into 2015.

My statement only applies to Ubisoft to note.

Obviously there are a lot of publishers who really don't care to support it at all.

Ubisoft is kind of interesting though in that they made Red Steel 2 and even Driver: San Francisco got a Wii port, so they seem to be willing to hang on for much longer than most publishers.

I'm excited. Watch_Dogs was the game of E3 2012 that got me most excited.

And it's also good to know we'll be able to get exclusive pre-order content!

Just what I wanted to know.

Not.

jmizzal

Its seems it will be PC,360,PS3, PS4, 720 and WiiU

Keep in mind gamestop has already but the WiiU version in their system

Will def be day 1 on WiiU for me

Well, Assassin's Creed was originally Prince of Persia Assassins, Osiris was turned into Prince of Persia and then back again, and now Watch Dogs was originally a Driver game.

There seems to be a fair amount of churn in deciding what franchise any given game belongs to at Ubisoft.

That is pretty nuts. Speaking of Osiris ... is Ubisoft still funding that project? I seem to remember someone saying it was canned. It'll probably come back rebranded again lol.

lefantome

omg best launch title ever, even if it has its flaws like the original Assassins Creed.

Such a big game as launch title and available on 6 platforms is mind blowing.

Ridley327

My statement only applies to Ubisoft to note.

Obviously there are a lot of publishers who really don't care to support it at all.

Ubisoft is kind of interesting though in that they made Red Steel 2 and even Driver: San Francisco got a Wii port, so they seem to be willing to hang on for much longer than most publishers.

It obviously paid off big time with Just Dance becoming their major breadwinner, so I imagine that there's still a lot of goodwill between the two companies.

I wonder, is the game ready to ship now for the PS3/360/PC/Wii U and this game is only pushed to the fall because of the two new consoles coming this fall?

jett

D-Member
I honestly thought this game would require more time in the oven. I wonder how will it measure up to the conceptual video.

Can't wait for this game. Far more excited for it than the next GTA... which the more i think about it, i'm not really all that hyped about.

jmizzal

I imagine this has been slated for the Wii U for a while.

But I think its fair to question at this point whether Ubisoft will just cancel the Wii U version.

Ubisoft is not abandoning WiiU they just moved Rayman Legends to the other consoles to try to get more sales, it wad delayed due to MS policy of multiplate games having to come out on the same day on 360.

Stop acting like Ubisoft is being EA when it comes to WiiU

Guiberu

Judging by those colour schemes on the marketing material - I'm going to say it's GAME.

Which means it's entirely inaccurate.

The E3 demo was stunning. But as soon as it ended I was left with a vibe that the game wont live up to the demo at all. There were so many situations and animations that were customized just for the demo that couldn't possibly be carried through on a citywide scale

pargonta

*grabs dude out of car* "Is you 'bout that life?!" *headshot* "Swerve, bitch" *walks off, coat blowing in the wind* #swag unlocked

lmao... i'm going to roll with that police baton/nightstick thing most often, if the game lets me. if you run a red light you're getting the business.

Tagg9

I wonder, is the game ready to ship now for the PS3/360/PC/Wii U and this game is only pushed to the fall because of the two new consoles coming this fall?

Not likely.

It will probably have to be downported for PS3/360/Wii U as it would have been developed with next-gen systems in mind.

Going by Ubi's track record I might sit this one out and wait for the improved sequel.
See also: AC, Far Cry 2

But we'll see, maybe it's totally amazing 9/10.

KaiserBecks

How old are you? Unless Ubi personally damaged one of your relatives, I see no reason to ignore a potentially great game.

Good games, yes please.

The only potential I see is that they'll make it as shallow as possible, just how their consumers like it. I have absolutely no reason to trust someone who, within just a few years, managed to fuck up Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon.

Your loss.

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

Yeah, explosions! How exciting!

Karak

The E3 demo was stunning. But as soon as it ended I was left with a vibe that the game wont live up to the demo at all. There were so many situations and animations that were customized just for the demo that couldn't possibly be carried through on a citywide scale

Agreed. I will be interested in it almost more as a demo of what the new systems can do but don't hold a huge faith in Ubi.

Derrick01

Banned
If anyone thinks that it's going to look like that on PS360, I'm sorry to brake it to you. Anyway, looking forward to the game based on what I've seen so far.

No one thinks it'll look like that on ps3/360. That's why this demo was made on high end PC hardware with the goal of replicating it on the next gen consoles. It'll probably be like the start of this generation where some games were meant for the new gen but just had ps2 ports as well. But it was clear those games were never meant to be PS2 games.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm fully expecting it to fall short of that initial video, but I'm definitely still interested.

Roo

I can´t imagine how terrible this is going to look on 36/PS3/WiiU in comparison to the next gen versions.

Considering Most Wanted U is using assets from high end PC's I think Wii U version will be
closer to Orbis/Durango than PS360 so let's wait and see how this goes

kaioshade

i really wonder how much of that is going to be scripted.

Will definitely buy for the Wii U. Love the controller and system needs the support if the port is up to par.

Eideka

Banned
Considering Most Wanted U is using assets from high end PC's I think Wii U version will be
closer to Orbis/Durango than PS360 so let's wait and see how this goes

Except that WD is a game designed with next-gen specs in mind unlike NFS Most Wanted.

The Wii U will look nowhere close to the PS4/720/PC versions.

Top Bottom