• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
e230fa4762d8492583302f6e9c0790c9.png

I read the OP and thought this one should've really been there, glad it was corrected shortly after lol

Cake Boss

Banned
It's ok we underachieved last year!

Time for the annual coach firing! Big changes!

Lol we been trying to just make the playoffs for the past 5 years.

Fuck I just want some bottom 6 signings and a 5-6 dman, is that so much to ask for? Our top 6 and top 4 look fine, our problem last year was the depth, shit is easy to fix through free agency.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Fuck I just want some bottom 6 signings and a 5-6 dman, is that so much to ask for? Our top 6 and top 4 look fine, our problem last year was the depth, shit is easy to fix through free agency.

Hey! Uncle Eugene is a bit cash strapped these days, ok?

On another note, someone from the Sens org must've pissed in The Score's cheerios sometime recently because they put the Sens on another Losers list: http://www.thescore.com/news/1053582

Not sure how we got any worse than last year when the only difference is that we lost Wiercioch

Cake Boss

Banned
Really surprised no one has signed Brandon Pirri. Good tarawntaw BOYYY with good stats.

25 years old. Only 166 games in NHL with 80 points and 49 goals. Averages out to almost 25 goals a season and 40 points.

Fucking ass Eugene. You just got $17M from the expansion, getting 60M from the TV and radio rights, and your ass just won the downtown bid. Please just fuck off your pastry Ukrainian ass to the sun and let someone else buy the team.

Really surprised no one has signed Brandon Pirri. Good tarawntaw BOYYY with good stats.

25 years old. Only 166 games in NHL with 80 points and 49 goals. Averages out to almost 25 goals a season and 40 points.

Fucking ass Eugene. You just got $17M from the expansion, getting 60M from the TV and radio rights, and your ass just won the downtown bid. Please just fuck off your past Ukrainian ass to the sun and let someone else buy the team.

Pirri would be good for you guys

zroid

Banned
Now that Demers is off the market, I wouldn't mind Leafs taking a shot on Justin Schultz for 1-2 years. Might actually prefer 2 years so he can be used as the D-man qualifier for expansion exposure.

Re-unite the Gardiner - Schultz pairing!

Habs Sign Phillp Samuelsson for one year, two way contract. We need AHL depth with four of our prospects gone in Dietz, Ellis, Dumont and Bournival.

No, it's that I don't share your optimism wrt to where the Leafs will play these obviously bottom-pairingish guys, ie Hunwick 2015-16.

zroid

Banned
No, it's that I don't share your optimism wrt to where the Leafs will play these obviously bottom-pairingish guys, ie Hunwick 2015-16.

Eh, thats fair, although Schultz is obviously a different situation than Hunwick. He's not the kind of player Babcock would be likely to undeservedly trust in that role. His rep certainly precedes him.

Matt Hunwick top pair D-man is the wild ride that needs to end...

Thats what I expected. Dorion didn't disappoint in letting Weir and Chiasson go.

I guess they're counting on Chabot/Englund displacing Boro?

I want Boro off the roster but I don't think Chabot is ready for anything other than a 9 game stint.

Alucard

Banned
Pens signed Rutherford for another 3 years as GM, and they parted ways with 3rd string keeper Zatkoff and the underrated Ben Lovejoy. Not a bad day. With Daley hopefully healthy, the loss of Lovejoy isn't a big one at all. And the Pens look good going into next season if they can ride for Fleury and Murray. No need for Zatkoff.

Demers too?

SWEET POWDERED, CARAMELIZED, TOASTED AND ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED JESUS.

He actually took less to come to FLA too? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS SHIT HAS HAPPENED.

8ed18ac4765d4a10bdec5d0f7dc9ab69.png

Demers is a very smart man, the smartest. He knows the best players.

He played in Finland during the lockout and played against Barkov pre-draft

The right-shooting defenceman was a highly coveted commodity on the free-agent market and garnered multiple offers when the signing period opened Friday. Florida is believed to have entered the process somewhat late after the first wave of deals passed without him agreeing to one.

He wound up taking a little less than other teams were offering in order to join the Panthers, according to sources. His contract includes a $1-million signing bonus payable right away and a limited eight-team no-trade clause over the first four seasons.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/source-panthers-demers-agree-5-year-22-5-million-contract/

THIS IS REAL LIFE AND IT HAPPENED

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Panthers are all in this year.

On paper they look like actual legit contenders, especially if their top young guys can continue to build off of last season (and Jagr continues to be a legend).

Pikma

Banned
Panthers are my new fourth favorite team behind the Stars, the Devils and the Ducks

I'm gonna miss Daddy Dumbmers and so will the whole team 😢

Samyy

Lol fuck we signed Polak for one year
Good deadline fodder at least

This probably means we're out of the Kris Russell sweepstakes! (hopefully...)

6 X 4.75 for Trocheck!!!

Perfect. Goddamn. This fucking team is actually going it. After so many years of low balling young guys to have th walk out the door this is amazing. Rebuild is officially fucking over. I didn't think I'd ever live to see the other side.

Samyy

even after how bad he was in the playoffs?

he better get traded. ffs.

Its not worth getting this worked up over especially since this definitely means we don't have cap space for Russell (considering the Cowen situation as well).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

guess we're going to have another pick party next trade deadline

laich, greening, michalek, polak

moar pickssssss

Top Bottom