• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Slo

WSJ link for the Baylor story. Not sure why but WSJ links often show as being behind a paywall, but if you just google the whole or partial title you can click from google and it works just fine.

Also, Big XII is NOT going to go to divisions. Coaches voted 7-3 for divisions but the conference denied it. Championship game will be #1 versus #2 as determined by round robin. It's the right decision IMO, mostly because divisions in a 10-team conference would be pretty silly.

KmrpxSVxTB9Ty.gif

bpfd

I am physically ill because now I have to root for *ichigan tomorrow and for the rest of their games until they play the Buckeyes. Thanks a lot PSU. Maybe you could drop a game for me so I don't have to go through this.

Draxal

Because if *ichigan drops a game before us and PSU wins out, they will own the tie breaker against us and go to the B1G championship game.

Edit. Don't think PSU will win out. Forgot the ranking tiebreaker was if there was a three way tie.

bpfd

Tiebreaker will be the highest ranked team, and the Maurice Clarett University of Maurice Claretteville Fighting Maurice Claretts will have the highest ranking if they beat UM.

The highest ranked team does not win the B1G East. If PSU wins out we need a three way tie to win the East due to overall record. If TTUN loses to say Sparty before us, then a two way tie between us and PSU will go to them due to head to head.

bpfd

Edit. Don't think PSU will win out. Forgot the ranking tiebreaker was if there was a three way tie.

All of their remaining games are winnable with MSU implosion and Ferentz still at Iowa. Our best chance will probably be Indiana because its not gonna be Purdue or Rutgers that get them. I hope you are right though.

Here are the tie breaker scenarios, I dont see highest ranked among them.

The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:
(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 6 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.
The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
The representative will be chosen by random draw.

bpfd

nah, tOSU / Michigan will decide the East.

Penn State gonna lose another game before end of the season

Until that happens I have to root for TTUN to win. Including tomorrow, a game I really wanted them to lose.

I guess i should be more worried about beating Northwestern and you guys first. tOSU's offense has looked rather pedestrian the last few weeks.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Buckeyes are so touchy.

Maybe the game against Penn state rubbed off on them.

Like a hairy old man against a boy in the showers, you mean?

If you are going to be that touchy, you aren't going to cut it in any thread, much less one as dynamic and exciting as the College Football Weekly thread. The jewel of Community!

Not even saying the name of teams is about the dumbest thing ever. Unless you are in middle school, which at that point...is still the dumbest thing ever.

bpfd

Like a hairy old man against a boy in the showers, you mean?

If you are going to be that touchy, you aren't going to cut it in any thread, much less one as dynamic and exciting as the College Football Weekly thread. The jewel of Community!

Not even saying the name of teams is about the dumbest thing ever. Unless you are in middle school, which at that point...is still the dumbest thing ever.

Oh i'm not touchy. I went head to head with Bluemax back in the day and got my ass kicked. I just know I'm not gonna win most battles so I tend to lay low. As far as not saying the name of that school, I grew up in the ninety's and I have much hate. I dont care if you think I'm juvenile, but I will not show them any respect.

andycapps

Oh i'm not touchy. I went head to head with Bluemax back in the day and got my ass kicked. I just know I'm not gonna win most battles so I tend to lay low. As far as not saying the name of that school, I grew up in the ninety's and I have much hate. I dont care if you think I'm juvenile, but I will not show them any respect.
Bluemax, hmm, I remember him.

What would you even have to dispute with Bluemax?

AntoneM

Which is exactly why you will fit in but you will always get some crap about it.

I'm an ASU fan, I can't defend anything because, well, ASU. Doesn't mean don't hope we nail the coffin that is Oregon's season.

At the same time this will be the second time we are playing a desperate team on the road, this first was USC. I don't expect us to win unless Helfrich and his coaching staff really is useless. We are, as far as I know, on our 4th string QB since the start of spring practices.

bpfd

What would you even have to dispute with Bluemax?

When Sanchez was there they played Penn State in the Rose Bowl where they were blowing them out. Maluaga was twerking and they were acting like asses. Dancing on the sidelines and being disrepectful. As this was before the scandal broke I said that they were classless and should act like they had been there before as a team that had won championships recently and he took issue with that. Seeing as I was a junior member I was destroyed by everyone. I stepped back and would post sporadically but was mostly ignored, even by fellow buckeyes.

This thread is the reason I joined Neogaf. Most of my posts are about college football. I love the game. I love this thread. I listen to the podcast. I just lack the confidence to speak more freely, except against that aussie, as I fear being run out and not being able to be a part of something I care about. Even if I am just a small part of it.

Cyan, you may feel that way and I understand it. I grew up, and still live 10 miles from where Woody Hayes was born in one direction and ten miles from where he had his first head coaching job at New Philadelphia High School in the other. This is the heart of Ohio. It may be stupid, it may be juvenile, but where I'm from, its a way of life. I wont apologize for that because this is a real rivalry.

Top Bottom