• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PDP leaks 11/18 date for Wii U accessories

jaypah

This is bullshit, I need new stuff now, not later!! I couldn't really put faith in an October launch but damn if i wasn't trying to will it to happen.

Touch

The only downside to this I see is that it could be so beneficial to release just a week earlier. BLOPS2 is huge, and would be a perfect launch bundle with the U Pro Controller.
Yeah, once everyone buys it for 360 it's pretty much a done dotta for any success on Wii U.

The_Lump

Banned
"Perfect Dark… Perfect"?

Come ooooon, secret Nintendo reacquisition of Rare and magical rehiring of anybody who worked there in the '90s!

I mostly want this so that the leftovers at Crytek UK can finally go ahead and make TimeSplitters sequels until the Sun goes dark.

You. I like you.

Pharros

Yeah, once everyone buys it for 360 it's pretty much a done dotta for any success on Wii U.

Obviously this is not true and is quite the exaggeration. Even a week can take some toll on sales. Having a release or bundle alongside the PS3/360 release would only be positive. Later won't kill all sales but I see no benefits either.

However, the Black Friday weekend has certainly been a success for Nintendo before, I would guess it will be again.

18-Volt

Only three 1st party releases for launch? That's unimpressive. Nintendoland and NSMBU is great and stuff but nobody's gonna care about trash like Ninja Gaiden 3. Absence of Wario and P-100 is disappointing.

Touch

Obviously this is not true and is quite the exaggeration. Even a week can take some toll on sales. Having a release or bundle alongside the PS3/360 release would only be positive. Later won't kill all sales but I see no benefits either.

However, the Black Friday weekend has certainly been a success for Nintendo before, I would guess it will be again.
It wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a new console in the equation. I don't think a lot of people will wait to buy a new console to play the game or rebuy the game to play it on a new console. I mean COD makes a great deal of it's money on week one.

jacksrb

I hope it's $250. I need to save money for a lot of Wii U games.

I feel like anyone thinking this thing will be $250 are taking crazy pills (even though quite a few feel like that is the price). I mean, they launched the 3DS at $250 originally, and the Wii U will cost a lot more to manufacture and R&D for.

But we will see...that would be awesome for consumers.

Tenki

I feel like anyone thinking this thing will be $250 are taking crazy pills (even though quite a few feel like that is the price). I mean, they launched the 3DS at $250 originally, and the Wii U will cost a lot more to manufacture and R&D for.

Well, give me Wii U with NSMBU packed in at $300, and I'd buy it :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

You know, they learned something from 3DS's launch. You can see it already with the supposed launch lineup. Still, I think it'll be 299. 249 would be so good.

Grok4Spock

By most observations it is much more than a tech demo. I would be somewhat surprised if it is a pack in.
It is a tech demo in the sense that it makes use of just about every function of the GamePad and shows what Miiverse is capable of. Not discounting how much fun and how deep it could be featurewise, but I can't see Nintendo selling it at retail in the US, possibly in Europe. Nintendo Land just screams pack-in..

R-User!

299.00 with Nintendo Land packed in but the real price will be 349.00 because New Super Mario Brothers Wii U will be purchased by most people.

Plus 59.00 for a second GamePad?? >_>

NSMBWU to fund Wii U console; make it profitable confirmed!

Pharros

It wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a new console in the equation. I don't think a lot of people will wait to buy a new console to play the game or rebuy the game to play it on a new console. I mean COD makes a great deal of it's money on week one.

Marketing wise I feel it would be a great bonus to Nintendo if they did make the Wii U release line up with the Blops2 release date. Overall it may not make a giant difference but I'm sure it wouldn't hinder them. Of course this is all speculation at this point but it will be certainly be interesting.

Well, the 3DS launched at 249 USD right?
That kinda roughly translated into an actual price of £200 - so 40-50 "less".

299 USD price point for the Wii U should then be £249 at most.

I entered expecting pics of said accessories, disappointing :(

Anyway I believe I've outlined my purchase plan for the Wii U:

IF the system comes out before 12/12 in EU AND
IF it costs less than €300 with NintendoLand bundled AND
IF New Super Mario Bros U is a launch game AND
IF Lego City Undercover is a launch game AND
IF I can find said games for less than €100 together THEN...

...and only then I will buy it day one, if else it will have to wait until Zelda or the first price drop.

Perfect plan isn't it? :D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My guess:

NA: 11/18 - $299
JAP: 12/12 - 29,900 YEN
EU: 12/12 - €249
UK: 12/12 - £229

Nintendo land is the pack-in game.

Launching in Japan after North America? Has that happened before?

hyduK

Banned
Not personally gonna get it. But it seems like pushing it out a week earlier would have been beneficial. CoD is one of those franchises that almost everyone gets Day 1....

Hoodbury

Not personally gonna get it. But it seems like pushing it out a week earlier would have been beneficial. CoD is one of those franchises that almost everyone gets Day 1....

Not only get on day 1, but pre-order as soon as they can. Not being able to pre-order the Wii-U version I would also assume is going to hurt it's overall sales for the console.

You can pre-order it on Newegg.com funny enough though.

Neifirst

When Nintendo held their conference in September '06 before the Wii launch, was Wii Sports displayed in such a way to make it look like it could be a standalone title, rather than a pack-in?

Nintendo Land is featured quite prominently on the in-store promos and now in the center of that banner posted by the OP. I just don't remember if Wii Sports was similarly promoted or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion we're looking at $250 with no pack-in for Wii U, but maybe I'm just reading too much into these marketing materials.

hyduK

Banned
Not only get on day 1, but pre-order as soon as they can. Not being able to pre-order the Wii-U version I would also assume is going to hurt it's overall sales for the console.

You can pre-order it on Newegg.com funny enough though.

Yeah, that too. Beyond this Nintendo still has been pretty tight lipped about their online strategy, and there's absolutely no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt.

7th December. Bet on that.
:/

That would be the latest date I hope. If it gets delayed until next year in Europe and is out in Japan this year, I'll probably be going with a Japanese one and then a PAL one later. But I'd rather just have a PAL one this year. Would make things a lot simpler.

jacksrb

The wii u will be 299$ with no pack in. Sorry guys

I am guessing this too. Except it will come loaded with software like Othello, maybe Panorama View and maybe include some NFC something in the box.

I am there day 1 and Nintendo Land is my most anticipated title.

Really curious to see how Nintendo spreads out all of the first party published titles between now and March-ish:

- Nintendo Land
- NSMBU
- NG3 : Razor's Edge
- Lego City Undercover
- Sing Party
- Pikmin 3
- Game and Wario
- Project P-100
- Panorama View

Top Bottom