• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Andodalf

Banned
Crap. The game seems to be broken where if you clicked a certain switch the get items in the ea access period you can't get your pre order items. This sucks.

Grisby

First planet scene looks good. Animations aren't the greatest but so far everything has been serviceable.

I still love the look of Mass Effect's armor aesthetics.

Currently debating though whether or not I want to start over again in the morning to try and make a better main character. That part is kinda bumming me out on the opening of the game, which is decent.
Anyone know where the ost is on ps4 if you got the digital delux edition?
Trying to find that myself.

ironcreed

Banned
I went for kind of a Shepherd look.

mikemandey

Anyone know where the ost is on ps4 if you got the digital delux edition?

First planet scene looks good. Animations aren't the greatest but so far everything has been serviceable.

I still love the look of Mass Effect's armor aesthetics.

Currently debating though whether or not I want to start over again in the morning to try and make a better main character. That part is kinda bumming me out on the opening of the game, which is decent.

Trying to find that myself.

I don't have deluxe edition.. But apparently you can download here

https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/downloads

jurgen

As bad as the blemishes are at times, this multiplayer is worth the price tag alone

This is why I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on buying. I haven't heard many gripes about the MP.

I probably spent more time in ME3 multiplayer last gen than any other individual series.

Jafku

Is someone making a ME:A multiplayer thread? I'd love to join up with you guys on PS4 and do some rounds tomorrow. PSN Jafku

Karu

Mhh, I am very curious how the flipped expectations on Andromeda in comparison to Inquisition will inform my play through experience. Can't wait to try it out.

Stider

Do people think the MP makes it worth buying the Super Deluxe edition? In Australia Deluxe is $108 and Super is $130, so it's only $22 for the 20 packs, which I'm guessing will be less than buying them in game.

Jafku

Do people think the MP makes it worth buying the Super Deluxe edition? In Australia Deluxe is $108 and Super is $130, so it's only $22 for the 20 packs, which I'm guessing will be less than buying them in game.

I dropped $100 on top of the $60 for ME3 so I went with the super deluxe myself

mostly medium settings w/ shader level & shadows at low and the game looks great on my laptop w/ 960m. not sure about FPS but probably around the 30 mark (could be higher though). Shader level at high works ok but when there's camera rotation around the characters (ryder, etc), there is noticeable slowdowns.

Wish there was more hairstyles but not a big deal. My ryder looks and moves (animations) good in game.

Few things compared to xbox one version; using keyboard & mouse is much, much better to me than the controller. Seems the response times by pressing the action buttons (G & E on the keyboard for instance) is much quicker using the keyboard than using the controller on the xbox one...if that makes sense.

SSD definitely makes a difference as the load times on pc is much quick than the load times on the Xbox One.

going to bed but really happy how it runs on my laptop and can't wait to play more.

This is probably just me but something feels off about Vetra's appeal to me. I don't know I can't explain it but it just doesn't look Turian enough to me. I think its mostly the mouth movements though.

Played for an hour, default Scott. Pretty interesting so far, graphics looks cool on PS4 Pro although a little rough around the edges. Writting is kinda bad but the story is intriguing and characters seems ok.
Left the first world halfway through because it's too late and I have to work tomorrow. Sadly I won't have much time to play these days but I have a three days weekend ahead. :D

Ducayne

Anyone get terrible freezing on XBO S? Like.. SP freezing that lasts 5 seconds. A few seconds in Multiplayer too.
Can't tell if my external is dying?

FiraB

Banned
man cdkeys really dropped the ball on this release, having to actually get their support to sort me another key because their system says they sent me one but I have no code, mental.

Snagret

If you have the extra cash then I suppose. You can buy them using in game currency though, so I'd recommend against it.

Bliany

Ummm so I am stuck.... Not sure if glitch.

Doing the vault after where the 10 hour trial ended. Right after you see Peebee across the chasm and go down a long hallway where lights are coming up from the floor. The conduit leads to a door at the end of the room and it's locked. Seems to be nowhere else to go.

Edit: Fixed by reloading one of the autosaves a few minutes before. Kind of disheartening to hit a bug like that within the first hour of being back though :/

ironcreed

Banned
Would you...um...be a wonderful soul and tell me how you made your sis??? Please?

I did not write down the sliders. Just use the short haired girl as a template. I tweaked her lips a bit fuller, dropped her brows down, cheeks more narrow, grey-blue eyes and a smaller nose. As for makeup, black colored cat looking liner, and light violet eye shadow. Pretty easy to dial her in.

Ummm so I am stuck.... Not sure if glitch.

Doing the vault after where the 10 hour trial ended. Right after you see Peebee across the chasm and go down a long hallway where lights are coming up from the floor. The conduit leads to a door at the end of the room and it's locked. Seems to be nowhere else to go.

Reload from the autosave. I had the same bug, the door is supposed to be openable.

Jaraghan

Landed on my first planet. Good place to call it for tonight.

Is there a way to hide the "Show UI" prompt when in the galaxy map? There is so much potential for screenshots but that damn prompt is in the way.

ironcreed

Banned
I don't know about anyone else, but this feels like good old Mass Effect, but with no more clunky gameplay. It looks and feels great and no weirdness yet. Getting sucked into the story as well.

Top Bottom