• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

blakep267

I'm starting to hit that point where there's nothing else to really do. I got one character almost maxed out. I started a second which is around 100 light or so but I don't really feel like doing that whole thing again. I'm getting tired of the strikes. The crucible isn't exciting enough for me to stay there. I have the gear that I want mainly so there's no excitement in finding new stuff.

D2 is way better than 1 but still lets me down in the content department. A game like Elder scrolls online took me months to even beat the main campaign and then there were 3 other whole story lines

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm starting to hit that point where there's nothing else to really do. I got one character almost maxed out. I started a second which is around 100 light or so but I don't really feel like doing that whole thing again. I'm getting tired of the strikes. The crucible isn't exciting enough for me to stay there. I have the gear that I want mainly so there's no excitement in finding new stuff.

D2 is way better than 1 but still lets me down in the content department. A game like Elder scrolls online took me months to even beat the main campaign and then there were 3 other whole story lines

ESO is the king for content though, D2's fun for me now is in Trials/Raiding/Waiting for Hard mode Strikes and then, new content.

Pretty much everything has less quality content than ESO though, it's truly amazing.

jviggy43

Always said it was a mistake to launch with the same amount of content as D1 when D1 was pretty universally criticized for its launch level of content. Hard mode raid can't get here soon enough.

I beat the raid for the first time today! What a crazy experience! So much tougher than the raids in the first game, in my opinion. It took us like 8 hours! I was kinda miffed that our fireteam had to replace several players, transitioning it from a chill, inviting, patient team of experienced players guiding newbies into one where people joining halfway through the raid were getting impatient, blaming others, and even getting dangerously close to kicking one another. It never got toxic, but it kind of lost that band of brothers vibe. It was still cathartic to finally beat the raid, and I think I'll end up looking back fondly on this memory because of how challenging the mechanics were and how resilient my friend and I were. But now I've lost my Saturday to a raid and I've got a ton of papers to grade :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know what's up but I get that old castle map (fortress maybe?) and the kill confirmed game mode an insanely high amount of time. Like probably more than 50% versus other maps and modes. Anyone else have this going on?
I'm thinking you mean supremacy on legion's gulch, I seem to get that constantly.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Whats the logic behind not being able to choose soecific strike missions? Also why cant I run atrikes with just 2 people?

Play our game they way we intend it to be, no choice.

Stop trying to have fun or contort our vision

/Bungie

Anyone looking to raid? I got experience for everything except the final boss. Willing to start wherever. 296 Warlock

PSN is Howlin_Forever

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Instead of Bungie adding anything else they should fix all of the countless bugs first. People are spending tons of times to do stuff and not have it completed or bugged out.

Thanks for the raid guys, I know I screwed up. Sorry for the frustration, gauntlet was uber confusing I'll check some videos before attempting again.

FastinDeadlee PSN

Sayad

Instead of Bungie adding anything else they should fix all of the countless bugs first. People are spending tons of times to do stuff and not have it completed or bugged out.
They also spends a lot of time logging in again after crashes. I rarely get to travel to the tower while in a group without at least one person getting left behind!

v1perz53

So are the only ways to get specific weapons now to gamble for them in faction engrams/raid/trials drops? Aside from quest weapons, doesn't seem like there are vendor weapons same as Destiny 1 unless I'm missing something, and I think most other sources are just a random drop? I feel like I'm enjoying D2's weapons far less since I can't hear about something cool and buy it to try it like in D1, I just use whatever is the highest light that I got recently.

Also the new infusion system hurts this a lot until closer to power cap. Since I can't infuse different weapon types, if I really like a Scout I'm using but get a Hand Cannon 20 power higher, guess I don't get to use that scout for a while unless I feel like being weaker for no reason.

Olengie

I already did. lol.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Everyone is on Trials mode, so I NF through DestinyTracker LFG

Met 2 cool guys, went through the NF

Talk about cutting it fucking close, my last 3 critical shots @0:01 killed him and timer finished

Talk about Grabbing Victory out of the jaws of Defeat!
BGgbEa0l.jpg

DAT Time!

Moshio

Neo Member
Looking for some clarification: Why does the Raid unlock on your Milestones at 260, but then when you hover over it it mentions needing to be 280? Then a little further down it says the recommended light level is 270+. Is it just that one person on your fireteam needs to be 280?

I've been stuck a 269-270 for a while now. Is there any recommendations besides Nightfalls/Raid?

Milestones / Luminous Engrams will put you over 270. I was 281 when I finally ran the Nightfall with a group for the first time today. Exotic engrams will usually give you something that's +6 your BPL as well. Pop fireteam medallions anytime you're logging in, and if you're in a fireteam have someone else pop one as well as they stack 2x. Make sure you do Cayde's Stash as well, I've gotten 4 exotic engrams the past two weeks running those with 2x fireteam medallions.

Edit: Find an active clan as well if you're not already in one, their weekly clan rewards are all luminous engrams and you can pop a clan XP contribution luminous engram on each character you have.

Feelin pretty good with my hunter atm. Close to 305. Grinding the raid out at least gave me a good bit of shaders. We were finally able to beat the boss and get the clan engram for our clanmates after 6 days of trying... lol

NtRe1ZE.jpg

Cornbread78

Posted in discord, but I figured I'd check here as well. We lost our leader tonight, so..... We
need a patient Sherpa to help Pandora012 lead some raid noobs at 11pm est.

Got 5, need 1 more

catspit

Posted in discord, but I figured I'd check here as well. We lost our leader tonight, so..... We
need a patient Sherpa to help Pandora012 lead some raid noobs at 11pm est.

Got 5, need 1 more
I would like to come if someone drops. Ive only seen / know how to do the last boss

So you can only equip one exotic, what's the best thing to do with the ones you're not using? Just dismantle?

The nice part about exotics is that you can dismantle it if you don't care for it at the time assuming you don't need to use the light to infuse because you keep it forever in your Blueprints if you ever need it later. I usually store most of my exotics in the vault and dismantle some if i need the shards.

Legendaries on the other hand, you want to keep as many uniques of those since you can't get those back

EDIT: And by you can't get those back, I mean via Collections/Blueprints. You can get dupe legendaries.

Apathy

They should just add matchmaking to nightfalls, it's sooooo dumb that there isn't

Again, destiny, I want to give you chances, I want to like you but fuck every annoyance you bring to the gaming world. This shit was figured out at least 5 years ago. I'm never going to get the design choices for this shit.

catspit

The nice part about exotics is that you can dismantle it if you don't care for it at the time assuming you don't need to use the light to infuse because you keep it forever in your Blueprints if you ever need it later. I usually store most of my exotics in the vault and dismantle some if i need the shards.

Legendaries on the other hand, you want to keep as many uniques of those since you can't get those back

Huh.. I never knew that you get the "blueprint"

catspit

They should just add matchmaking to nightfalls, it's sooooo dumb that there isn't

Again, destiny, I want to give you chances, I want to like you but fuck every annoyance you bring to the gaming world. This shit was figured out at least 5 years ago. I'm never going to get the design choices for this shit.

I agree. Just add a warning about how difficult it will be and increase the light level.. (240 for this weeks is a joke) Just have the option.

I finished the Destiny Too story.

I have some questions.

So ... does the traveler actually do anything lore wise? So its awake again! Wee! That doesn't change a thing for me though.

And now that the traveler is back does that mean all the people who lost their light / in lore respawn can now do that again? The vanguard are still pretty sad about it and I cant tell.

And did they kill off the speaker for no good reason? Even his final line everyone talks about doesnt REALLY change much. Plus they mention there where other speakers before him and there will probably be a new one later. So he wasnt exactly super special anyway. He was just the Destiny Pope and at some point black smoke will come out of the Tower and a new one will pop up.

Oh. Actually now I wonder. For Destiny 3 they will totally do another loot / ability reset so I wonder if they just ditch the old characters and have everyone start from scratch.

Maybe they do import your old character but now your old character is the new speaker. That would be fun and dumb.

Spinluck

ESO is the king for content though, D2's fun for me now is in Trials/Raiding/Waiting for Hard mode Strikes and then, new content.

Pretty much everything has less quality content than ESO though, it's truly amazing.

Man, sounds like I'd enjoy ESO if I actually found the gameplay fun or memorable.

I finished the Destiny Too story.

I have some questions.

So ... does the traveler actually do anything lore wise? So its awake again! Wee! That doesn't change a thing for me though.

And now that the traveler is back does that mean all the people who lost their light / in lore respawn can now do that again? The vanguard are still pretty sad about it and I cant tell.

And did they kill off the speaker for no good reason? Even his final line everyone talks about doesnt REALLY change much. Plus they mention there where other speakers before him and there will probably be a new one later. So he wasnt exactly super special anyway. He was just the Destiny Pope and at some point black smoke will come out of the Tower and a new one will pop up.

Oh. Actually now I wonder. For Destiny 3 they will totally do another loot / ability reset so I wonder if they just ditch the old characters and have everyone start from scratch.

Maybe they do import your old character but now your old character is the new speaker. That would be fun and dumb.

The traveler just exploded to be free, still its unknown if its awake

Yep, all spectres regained their abilities to power up their guardians but the guardians are fewer now thats why you can see human guards on the new tower.

Thats religion for you.

How does one go about this?

eh? Bungie said on one of their threads you have to go to the first zone so the rest of the zones refresh and maybe spawn the pulses and the anomalies, sometimes it works but there is not enough time to finish the prestige nightfall

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So the arms dealer strike. I've ran it six times now and always run out of time. There are way too many adds on that final boss fight. We get there with like 6-8 minutes and they just completely overwhelm us.

Is there a good strat for this strike? We are all at 298-299 using skyburners and killing all the oracles. The tanks fucking ruin our times as well.

The fucking special weapons change really affected strikes like this. You can't switch to your shotgun, fusion rifle or support to one shot enemies which means longer engagements. Heavy ammo never fucking drops because most enemies there arent Orange or yellow bars enemies. Supers take forever to recharge, finish really fast and do shit damage to enemies on this strike. They used to be one hit kills

I hate how Bungie took so many great things about Destiny 1 and nerfed them all just for the sake of balancing pvp. I have defended Destiny from idiots who never gave it a real shot on the sole basis of how incredible the gunplay was with three different options available at you at all times with various different perks. How it's so much more than a shooter thanks to class abilities, customization and supers.

They have literally cut the weapon options down to half and nerfed the class abilities to oblivion. It made the raid way more tedious than it needed to be.

And that's why I can no longer defend Destiny's gameplay. And that's a sad sad thing.

Syntsui

So the arms dealer strike. I've ran it six times now and always run out of time. There are way too many adds on that final boss fight. We get there with like 6-8 minutes and they just completely overwhelm us.

Is there a good strat for this strike? We are all at 298-299 using skyburners and killing all the oracles. The tanks fucking ruin our times as well.
How come if there is no timer on strikes?

Top Bottom