• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So if I know nothing at all about Dragonball, will I get anything out if this game? Will it give me a decent story to go through?

For some reason it really bothers me when the dub doesn't match the lip sync. Maybe it's happened before in Dragon Ball but this is the first time it's bothered me so much!

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh it includes the story from the first one with all of 2's improvements......well......ssshhhiiiitttttt

Guess I'm buying it then

ZeroX03

Banned
For those living in Europe/Middle East and Australia/NZ, you have to head to the Bamco site for them to send you a code to unlock all characters. Works a treat.

Europe & Middle East

Australia & New Zealand.

500px-png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I already fixed my mistake but I completely forgot that watching a video in the news section stops any download going on because online, so I left my switch alone after rewatching the xenoblade direct footage but didnt cancel out of the video thinking there would be some hefty progress after I switch back and bam, the horror of slowly realizing that lol

Saiyan-Rox

I already fixed my mistake but I completely forgot that watching a video in the news section stops any download going on because online, so I left my switch alone after rewatching the xenoblade direct footage but didnt cancel out of the video thinking there would be some hefty progress after I switch back and bam, the horror of slowly realizing that lol

Huh why not just put it on the store I wonder? Ah well but you unlock all these as you're playing anyway dont you?

ryushe

So my copy wasn't delivered yesterday despite saying it should've been.

I know this is most likely my postal services fault, but man, Amazon has been real spotty with release day deliveries as of late.

Mediking

Somebody mentioned this earlier but I do really like how you can download the free stuff for this game without even buying the game yet.

My copy comes tomorrow... apparently. Lol and I already downloaded the Patrol and Character Unlock.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I fell in love with Xenoverse. Gives me similar vibes to PSO back in the day.

I'm SO glad they made the "lobby" less static. It was weird being able to see players, but they didn't do anything. Cool to see other people and interact with them. Had a little dance party in front of the PQ area, lol. They just need to add minigames now and it will be like Pioneer 2.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Vidiot

So what do the DLC packs include. Do any of them come with story Sagas from DBS like the Goku Black or Champs Sagas?

So what do the DLC packs include. Do any of them come with story Sagas from DBS like the Goku Black or Champs Sagas?

DLC pack 1 is Frost and Cabba as well as some new moves, outfits and parallel quests

DLC pack 2 is Champa and Vados, the Nameless Planet stage, new moves, outfits, parallel quests and the Champa arc in story mode

DLC pack 3 is Zamasu, Rose Black, and Bojack, new moves, outfits and parallel quests

DLC pack 4 is Fused Zamasu, Vegetto Blue, the destroyed future stage, new moves, outfits, parallel quests and the Future Trunks arc in story mode.

Vidiot

DLC pack 1 is Frost and Cabba as well as some new moves, outfits and parallel quests

DLC pack 2 is Champa and Vados, the Nameless Planet stage, new moves, outfits, parallel quests and the Champa arc in story mode

DLC pack 3 is Zamasu, Rose Black, and Bojack, new moves, outfits and parallel quests

DLC pack 4 is Fused Zamasu, Vegetto Blue, the destroyed future stage, new moves, outfits, parallel quests and the Future Trunks arc in story mode.

Oh cool, we get the Champa and Future Trunks ark! Thanks! Guess I'm getting the season pass.

Can this game be played offline? I got disconnected from wifi and got kicked out of the game and back to title screen. Going into work right now so dont have time to check till later tonight so hopefully i'll have an answer by the time i get back.

Can this game be played offline? I got disconnected from wifi and got kicked out of the game and back to title screen. Going into work right now so dont have time to check till later tonight so hopefully i'll have an answer by the time i get back.
Yep, the game is totally playable offline.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Huh why not just put it on the store I wonder? Ah well but you unlock all these as you're playing anyway dont you?
I got a lot the free dlc downloaded, it was just downloading the actual game that was a bother lol, I'm playing it now and taking fun so the issue is irrelevant now

Credo

How can I find the DLC on the eShop? My game is supposed to get here Tuesday, and I was going to go ahead and download the DLC, but all I can find is the option to buy the game digitally. I don't use the eShop very often, so I'm not good at navigating it.

Protome

How can I find the DLC on the eShop? My game is supposed to get here Tuesday, and I was going to go ahead and download the DLC, but all I can find is the option to buy the game digitally. I don't use the eShop very often, so I'm not good at navigating it.

It's on the game page, just scroll down.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I fell in love with Xenoverse. Gives me similar vibes to PSO back in the day.

I'm SO glad they made the "lobby" less static. It was weird being able to see players, but they didn't do anything. Cool to see other people and interact with them. Had a little dance party in front of the PQ area, lol. They just need to add minigames now and it will be like Pioneer 2.

Uh...that's how the lobby also worked in the first Xenoverse. You only saw players who didn't do anything when playing Offline.

Santar

Isn't it a bit jarring that the framerate varies from 30 to 60 depending on the mode/number of fighters?
Would've preferred that you could just set it to 30 for everything just to keep it consistent.
It gets more noticeable when you go from on to another.

Protome

Isn't it a bit jarring that the framerate varies from 30 to 60 depending on the mode/number of fighters?
Woul've preferred that you could just set it to 30 for everything just to keep it consistent.
It gets more noticeable when you go from on to another.

There's next to no 1v1 fights in the story/parallel quests which is the only time the game is 60FPS.

It's really only 60FPS for people who play 1v1 online.

It's on the game page, just scroll down.

Uh...that's how the lobby also worked in the first Xenoverse. You only saw players who didn't do anything when playing Offline.
Weird, I don't remember that. I guess it's just been a long time. I also remember the lobby area being divided into multiple zones which sucked as well.

EDIT: I'm watching a video of the old lobby now. People do move around yeah, but the way it loads players no one is ever on the screen for more than a couple seconds unless they're standing still. People just pop in and out constantly, it looks janky. Maybe cause the playerbase was so large back when I played.

The Xenoverse 2 lobby does a MUCH better job of showing players around you.

Protome

Weird, I don't remember that. I guess it's just been a long time. I also remember the lobby area being divided into multiple zones which sucked as well.

Tbf, a lot of people idled in the lobby, so it was probably just that.

And yeah, I'm so glad they got rid of the terrible split up lobby area (although there are still those pocket universes you need to go to but you go to those so much less than the other lobby areas in XV.)

Santar

There's next to no 1v1 fights in the story/parallel quests which is the only time the game is 60FPS.

It's really only 60FPS for people who play 1v1 online.

Ahh, I see. Still would've preferred it was just 30 all the time for consistency's sake.

Sorry if it's been answered but what story content from Xenoverse 1 does the free DLC cover? Is it stuff from the vanilla first game or just the DLC that the first game got?

NeonZ

Sorry if it's been answered but what story content from Xenoverse 1 does the free DLC cover? Is it stuff from the vanilla first game or just the DLC that the first game got?

I know it covers the story from the vanilla game. Don't know if it gets to the DLC. You need to progress through Xenoverse 2's own story to unlock the Xeno 1 story battles.

The most jarring thing, is walking around the lobby-town at 20fps, that looks like it wouldn't be out of place on the PS2...and then entering one of the battle stages that look pretty damn good. :p

It's like a generation leap within the game.

MDave

I don't know if I feel good about getting this on the Switch. The hub area has textures that come straight from the PS2 era, and the music is god awful too! Rest of the game seems alright though.

Handheld mode is rough around the edges. Sub native res no AA. Near the area where you can play online/offline battles and quests, camera facing the center of the hub; if you pause the game the frame rate tanks to 20's and the resolution gets laughably low. And thus sluggish menus to navigate. It's only really that one spot I noticed so far, but yeah watch out for moments like those. Docked mode is far more consistent and less resolution changes, less hiccups in frame rate.

I'm in the hub area too much, need to get a 35 hit combo to unlock more quests?! How do I pull that off when I eventually knock the opponent away and the combo stops? I reached 34 hits by luck when AI partner was helping me with a blast of their own adding to the counter.

EDIT: Hah I took too long to write this but yeah I know what you mean Colonel Mustard!

Protome

Ahh, I see. Still would've preferred it was just 30 all the time for consistency's sake.

There's a relatively small but very passionate fanbase for Xenoverse 2 who play the 1v1 mode pretty seriously. That only running at 30FPS would guarantee none of those players would buy the game on switch. Not sure how many would double dip anyway, but I can see why they would prioritise that mode running better.

ryushe

Kinda bummed the undocked mode looks significantly worse than docked since that's how I wanted to play it most, but it's still portable Xenoverse so I can't complain too much.

walmart near my house has the game in stock whats the general opinion on the switch version really want to play the xenoverse 1 story content as i never played the 1st game and would lvoe some portable dragon ball.

Seik

Banned
For those who already have the game (my copy arrives on Monday) how's the netcode so far for online 1 vs 1 fights?

Effect

Game is currently #2 on the recent releases on the US eShop.

So if I know nothing at all about Dragonball, will I get anything out if this game? Will it give me a decent story to go through?

Story wise I believe it should cover all the events of Dragon Ball Z onward. How well the story is told I'm not sure. Still have to open my copy but if anyone else can chime in here please let us know. I assume you might see events in the show play out, see how they get altered and then take part in the fights.

Yousefb

Enjoying this game in handheld mode, but you can definitely tell resolution and framerate took a hit compared the ps4 version. Its more obvious when docked.

But it's not a deal breaker, quickly got used to it and I'm enjoying myself.

I downloaded the free XV1 DLC, but how do you access it exactly? Thanks

Top Bottom