• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added Today:

Shark Week 2011 (TV Documentary)
Tyler Perry's Good Deeds (Romantic Drama)

Just another reminder, these expire on Friday:

Apocalypse Now - Feb 1st
Apocalypse Now Redux - Feb 1st
Candyman - Feb 1st
Groundhog Day - Feb 1st
Hollowman - Feb 1st
The Larry Sanders Show - Feb 1st
License to Drive - Feb 1st
Peep Show - Feb 1st
Robocop movies - Feb 1st
The Usual Suspects - Feb 1st

jakncoke

Banned
So my brave disc wouldnt go past minute 57, so i had a new one sent. I like how it can get here on Tuesday, but my other 2 are tomorrow. Bastards

Edit; I gotta watch Candyman before it leaves, thats an official check :p

dekline

I watched this last night:

Knuckle (2011)

A documentary about irish traveler bare-knuckle fighting and a 50 year feud between two clans.

Good movie. Be prepared for a lot of bare-knuckle brutality.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm so pissed Peep Show is going away.

It's the only show I've watched multiple times, and continue to do so. So many people have never heard of it and I'm always wanting to spread the love.

Ugh.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Taken from the 'Super HD' thread:

http://support.unblock-us.com/custo...per-hd-3d-streaming-now-supported-on-netflix-

"We're pleased to announce that we now support Netflix's new feature: Super HD streaming. Netflix Super HD gives you superior video quality, beautiful, smooth playback on films and TV programmes on your 1080p HDTV."

Sweet!

Use them to get your 1080p/3D goodness.

I'm so pissed Peep Show is going away.

It's the only show I've watched multiple times, and continue to do so. So many people have never heard of it and I'm always wanting to spread the love.

Ugh.

They will probably have it back on streaming shorty.

Me and my girlfriend are looking for a new show on Netflix. We just finished American Horror Story and liked that a lot. We're looking for more of a drama type show. Any suggestions???

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Me and my girlfriend are looking for a new show on Netflix. We just finished American Horror Story and liked that a lot. We're looking for more of a drama type show. Any suggestions???

I have been marathoning The West Wing while packing. Nothing like AHS, but still a quality show (on Season 2 now).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Friday Night Lights is god-tier. What are some dramas that you have watched already?

Tenck

Started watching castaway on the moon and quite enjoyed it so far. Didn't get a chance to finish the last bit but will do it today.

!!!!!!

I absolutely love that movie.

There's one called Going by the Book with the same actor (the guy stranded on the island). That one is pretty good.

jakncoke

Banned
A lil future expire thing(although they'll prob have it back up shortly i reckon) South Park stuff is set to expire May 29th

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Mad Men? Sons of Anarchy? Breaking Bad?

I mostly just rinse Netflix for the sitcoms.

Friday Night Lights is god-tier. What are some dramas that you have watched already?

I have heard that is pretty good, but haven't ever watched it. I guess I haven't seen too many, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead and Weeds. I've probably seen more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Esque7

Hate to break it to you but there is no season 7. They are doing 3 'mini-movie' episodes on three different characters (Cassie, Cook and Effie) that are completely unrelated to other season characters.

Also the last group of kids sucked, terribly written and acted and yes you are in the minority as almost no one else liked them.

Those mini movies ARE season 7. I already know what they're about, and I am really eager to see such a different take on the series.

And that's your opinion on the last couple of seasons, not fact. The acting and writing was not terrible, with maybe only Frankie's character being a miss.

Mad Men? Sons of Anarchy? Breaking Bad?

I mostly just rinse Netflix for the sitcoms.

I actually have Son of Anarchy on my list but my girlfriend has already seen it. I've never really gotten in to Mad Men. I tired watching a few episodes and i didn't really like it all that much.

This is the best place I can think to ask this – is there any way to make queues on the 360 Netflix app? Not sure if it’s something obvious that I’m missing(?)

Thanks in advance!

krzy123

Feb 1st is the last day listed for Rounders and The Usual Suspects, hopefully I can get a rewatch in, but more hopefully they renew.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This is the best place I can think to ask this – is there any way to make queues on the 360 Netflix app? Not sure if it’s something obvious that I’m missing(?)

Thanks in advance!

I haven't used the 360 app in a long time, but its the "add to queue " option there when you click on a movie/show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I actually have Son of Anarchy on my list but my girlfriend has already seen it. I've never really gotten in to Mad Men. I tired watching a few episodes and i didn't really like it all that much.

Here are some you could check out:

Friday Night Lights
Luther (10 episodes only, but so good)
The Walking Dead
Supernatural
Warehouse 13
Rescue Me
Burn Notice
Freaks and Geeks
Battlestar Galactica
Vampire Diaries
Jericho
Whitecollar

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Really? Wow.
image.php

Vyrance

Both have been mentioned by others, but Friday Night Lights and The West Wing. Just finished through all of West Wing, and I thought it was an excellent drama.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not sure if that's supposed to be a dig. If so, eat s*it. If not, my bad. ;)
Your avatar looks like a surprised robot.
You should give mad men another chance. It's really great.
Those mini movies ARE season 7. I already know what they're about, and I am really eager to see such a different take on the series.

And that's your opinion on the last couple of seasons, not fact. The acting and writing was not terrible, with maybe only Frankie's character being a miss.
Yeah I was really disappointed they completely changed Frankie from what they originally had. She was the best character from that group imo. The major death in that series was also poorly handled IMO.

jakncoke

Banned
Curious. Ok say you watched a movie today 1-31, it expired in march but was brought back in say september. Would netflix still remember that you watched it on 1-31-2013? Or does does that data get lost when movies expire?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Curious. Ok say you watched a movie today 1-31, it expired in march but was brought back in say september. Would netflix still remember that you watched it on 1-31-2013? Or does does that data get lost when movies expire?

It remembers. It always remembers.

I'm guessing here, but they probably keep the data for at least a year. I had a movie that I started watching, get taken down, and when it was put back up, the timestamp was were I left off at.

zou

It remembers. It always remembers.

I'm guessing here, but they probably keep the data for at least a year. I had a movie that I started watching, get taken down, and when it was put back up, the timestamp was were I left off at.

They might remember, but they sure as hell don't take it into consideration. 5-8 of my recommended movies or shows are shows I already watched and rated. Add to that their spammy "recently added" that never actually features anything new and their "new releases" that seems to exclude anything added in the last two weeks. It's like they don't give a shit.

At least their horrible website UI finally matches their garbage recommendations.

Anyone watch Nikita? It was in the top 10 recommendations for me and I watched the first episode last night. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. Does it get better?

I should probably also add that I was a fan of La Femme Nikita back in the day when it was on USA.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They might remember, but they sure as hell don't take it into consideration. 5-8 of my recommended movies or shows are shows I already watched and rated. Add to that their spammy "recently added" that never actually features anything new and their "new releases" that seems to exclude anything added in the last two weeks. It's like they don't give a shit.

At least their horrible website UI finally matches their garbage recommendations.

Use this thread and you will be onto of new releases.

Anyone watch Nikita? It was in the top 10 recommendations for me and I watched the first episode last night. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. Does it get better?

I should probably also add that I was a fan of La Femme Nikita back in the day when it was on USA.

Nikita is one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" type shows. It has some well written episodes, and the relationship between the two leads is great. I would say give it another two or three episodes before aborting ship.

abundant

Nikita is one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" type shows. It has some well written episodes, and the relationship between the two leads is great. I would say give it another two or three episodes before aborting ship.

Also worth noting, the second season is better than the first, due to the fact that the show became more serialized.

Well, I can confirm that there doesn't seem to be a queuing option on the 360 Neflix app. If it was there before, it has been “hidden” or removed completely. / Thread Derail

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well, I can confirm that there doesn't seem to be a queuing option on the 360 Neflix app. If it was there before, it has been “hidden” or removed completely. / Thread Derail

That is insane. Take a picture? There isn't a 'press X(or Y) to add' option either?

Top Bottom