• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walt Disney community thread: the Man, the Mouse, and their legacy.

Holy Hell, does the new Frozen ride look like a disappointment.

Let's take a ride, that had a very low riders per hour average, re-theme it to one of Disneys most popular IPs, and wonder why the wait is over 300+ minutes.

Then it kept breaking down today, a complete disaster.

muteki

Well the ride was swamped with bloggers and locals today, and things are expected to break day 1.

But what they changed leading up to the old troll scene through the backward slide is just all screens :(

I have a hard time figuring out where things are placed now, I guess queue goes through the old theater and load/unload is in the old village.

SmithnCo

The Frozen ride looks better than I thought it would be, I like that they didn't skimp on animatronics at least. But apparently they've been breaking down a lot which sucks.

Well the ride was swamped with bloggers and locals today, and things are expected to break day 1.

But what they changed leading up to the old troll scene through the backward slide is just all screens :(

I have a hard time figuring out where things are placed now, I guess queue goes through the old theater and load/unload is in the old village.

Yeah, it's day 1. It's expected to have some bugs and crazy waits.
The ride looks fine, albeit just another dark movie ride.

As of today I'm officially a Disney World Annual Pass Holder.

We're booked to go down the week before Thanksgiving, but now my GF and I got the itch to take a quick trip down ASAP.

As of today I'm officially a Disney World Annual Pass Holder.

We're booked to go down the week before Thanksgiving, but now my GF and I got the itch to take a quick trip down ASAP.
We picked our dates, Nov 6-15, to catch the last week of food & wine and the first week of holiday stuff. Not sure where we are staying yet though.

We picked our dates, Nov 6-15, to catch the last week of food & wine and the first week of holiday stuff. Not sure where we are staying yet though.

We're going 11/13-11/19

We booked the trip like 5 months ago using David's DVC rental.

Now we're thinking about making the drive down, and spending a week at like the Pop just to do it on the cheap.

Semi bumping this thread because... i really can't find any info anywhere else on this:

Does anyone here know by chance where i could find some great looking, detailed Disney figures/figurines? I have searched the net for a while now and all i can find is either low priced crappy looking figures or somewhat better ones but in super weird coloring schemes (the ones by Romero Britto) which i am not that into.

There's GOT to be more? Can't believe you can find Marvel and DC figures in ALL price ranges and detail levels but for Disney there doesn't seem to be a market for this kinda stuff?

Semi bumping this thread because... i really can't find any info anywhere else on this:

Does anyone here know by chance where i could find some great looking, detailed Disney figures/figurines? I have searched the net for a while now and all i can find is either low priced crappy looking figures or somewhat better ones but in super weird coloring schemes (the ones by Romero Britto) which i am not that into.

There's GOT to be more? Can't believe you can find Marvel and DC figures in ALL price ranges and detail levels but for Disney there doesn't seem to be a market for this kinda stuff?

I don't know about figurines, but when it comes to statues, Jim Shore makes some pretty cool stuff. He has a Hat Box Ghost coming out shortly.

My GF and I just got back from a week at Wilderness Lodge and it was amazing.

ReevaHo.jpg

ahk4XLj.jpg

V5E1Hdf.jpg

Waits were non-existent, seriously. Soarin was a 15 minute wait 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday.

The only rides that had waits over 45 minutes were Frozen and the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

The Disney Store, back in the nineties, used to have lines of collectible porcelain or resin (cant remember) figurines. I guess now they may be classified as "vintage" but you can check ebay. They were mass produced, so they may be cheap.

Depending on your price point, you can also look up Lenox. They make some beautiful and nicely detailed figures. They mostly have Lenox's signature ivory colors though, like this one - http://www.tableandhome.com/prodimages/101494.jpg.

The Disney Store, back in the nineties, used to have lines of collectible porcelain or resin (cant remember) figurines. I guess now they may be classified as "vintage" but you can check ebay. They were mass produced, so they may be cheap.

Depending on your price point, you can also look up Lenox. They make some beautiful and nicely detailed figures. They mostly have Lenox's signature ivory colors though, like this one - http://www.tableandhome.com/prodimages/101494.jpg.

Wow, that does look great... I checked it out and while detailed, it's not QUITE what i am looking for style wise..thanks though!

I also just found out about the Disney Showcase collection figures. Those are more up my alley, thing is it's only limited to Princess style Disney characters :( I wish they had the classics like Scrooge or Donald, Goofy etc.

My wife and I stayed at the Boardwalk back in August and had a great time. It's nice being so close to Epcot and Hollywood... We basically walked to Epcot every night to get dinner and drinks around the world, and it was perfect.

VxsDAiU.jpg

My wife and I stayed at the Boardwalk back in August and had a great time. It's nice being so close to Epcot and Hollywood... We basically walked to Epcot every night to get dinner and drinks around the world, and it was perfect.

VxsDAiU.jpg

I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas last January/February and it was amazing. I loved the proximity with two theme parks in walking distance and all the good eating near by.

Plus I had an amazing view.

LuIZjld.jpg

Does anyone know if there are more orchestra CD's of Disney music? I have one called Salute to Disney by the Boston Pop orchestra. It has a mix of movie music from Snow White Medley, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse March, Mary Poppins Medley.

I'd really love the background music from different areas of the parks as well.

gpn

Does anyone know if there are more orchestra CD's of Disney music? I have one called Salute to Disney by the Boston Pop orchestra. It has a mix of movie music from Snow White Medley, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse March, Mary Poppins Medley.

A Disney Spectacular is a really good album of orchestrated Disney music.

As far as music from the parks, if you can find an affordable copy of A Musical History of Disneyland, it's the best.

"The Walt Disney Records: Legacy Collection Disneyland" album is pretty great. It features a good range of park specific tracks in good quality. It's available on apple music/itunes if you're interested.

Disneyland-CD-700x354.jpg

The Walt Disney World Official Album is also a great choice. Features lots of park specific tracks spanning DisneyWorld's history.
61bK2GUIehL._SS500.jpg

You can find track listings for both online.

In terms of background music to different areas, the tracks exists on youtube. I'm not sure where they get them though, but if you're not above just listening to them on youtube for free here they are: Link to a very long playlist

flyover

The Walt Disney World Official Album is also a great choice. Features lots of park specific tracks spanning DisneyWorld's history.
61bK2GUIehL._SS500.jpg
Yeah, this is great. Has two of my three favorite pieces of music from the parks: Impressions de France and the CTX/Dinosaur Theme. (Third fave is the Epcot entry music loop.)

muteki

If you like EPCOT music I would suggest you check out E82 if you haven't before. Communicore just came out.

I have two sets of the park music collection albums. Four parks • One world and Where the Magic Lives. The first is a more current complilation because I bought it in park in 2012. The second one has a mix of the older rides (notably Epcot) along with the newer stuff. I have the five cd box set with Wishes, Lion King, Spectro, Magic in the Streets, and Illuminations. I have a Fantasmic set as well.

I do remember seeing that new legacy collection. I would love to have it. Well at least the Fantasia set. I wouldn't mind the Disneyland, but I've never been there. I grew up in Florida and worked at Disney World, so that's more home to me. (And I only live a half day's drive from Land and still haven't been there in 6 years, go figure). This set also seems really awesome (movies, parks, and cartoons music), but not just orchestral music.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FE1UNFC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I like just the orchestra music when I'm doing homework. I can sing the words if I want to but I'm not distracted by it. Part of the reason I want the background music too. I'm mad I went for the last iphone update that got rid of youtube playing with the screen off.

Malyse

I'm invading this thread in the name of Princess Moana!

Long may she reign and cast down the wizards, sorcerers, and ice queens that lay in her way!

moana-new-disney-princess.jpg

So I managed to score for black Friday.

Beauty and the Beast - $9.96 Walmart, but I was able to price match at Best Buy without a hassle. I checked Walmart and they were all sold out.
Finding Dory- $10 Target, and I was mailed a $5 coupon a couple weeks ago and was able to apply it, so only $5 for it.
Zootopia - $7.99 Best Buy. My boyfriend was able to get in and get out because single item purchases were rung up at Customer Service, right where they had the movies.

Walmart didn't let me down entirely though. They have these awesome coloring books (Art of Coloring) with Disney's Animals, Disney Villains, Disney Princess, and Disney Frozen. I thought they were a dollar because it was handwritten on the display stand, but they were actually $7 a piece. So I only bought 2 instead of all four. I also got the 30 pack of sharpies. There's also a Moana book at the movie rewards for 800 points, which I'm debating on getting.

I also treated myself to a couple of Disney World jackets from the disneystore site. One for $20 and one for $30. I have several name brand jackets, like Columbia and Lands End, but they're all polyester. Well, being a girl with long hair and the dryness out here, it's static heaven for my hair and getting shocked all the time. Disney jackets at most are a 60% cotton/40% poly blend. Plus my old ones are getting a little small and worn out.

Now I have both blu ray editions of Beauty and the Beast. I don't know which one to keep. I did use the code though because I really wanted it on digital.

Today starts 25 Days of Christmas bonus point give aways.

Mon-Thurs daily points are worth 5 points for each code.
Fri-Sun use the same code all weekend for 15 points.

Even if you forget the weekdays, at least snag the weekend points in one go. So here goes,
Day 1: 25DOCJ0Y

Day 16-18: 25DOCCH334 - 15 point weekend code
Day 19: 25DOCM4G1C
Day 20: 25DOCBL155
Day 21: 25DOCJ0LLY
Day 22: 25DOCM3RRY
The final weekend code: 25DOCXMAS

I have finally reach 12,000 points. I COULD, technically, finally take the silver tour. I've been collecting for 7+ years now, but I really want to do the platinum tour.

Decisions, decisions...

I have nearly every movie out of the vault on blu ray. The one thing I'm lacking in is movie theater viewings. And the few times I have gone, I've forgotten to get my points for it. Still waiting on two moana ticket points to show up.

I have finally reach 12,000 points. I COULD, technically, finally take the silver tour. I've been collecting for 7+ years now, but I really want to do the platinum tour.

Decisions, decisions...

I have nearly every movie out of the vault on blu ray. The one thing I'm lacking in is movie theater viewings. And the few times I have gone, I've forgotten to get my points for it. Still waiting on two moana ticket points to show up.

I think it all depends if you would want to do the tour sooner rather than later since the platinum tour requires almost double the point. But regardless good job saving up the points! I would love to do the silver tour but I'm only at 4449 points. Might use 250 to get the $5 coupon to use for Pinocchio.

I've gotten a few rewards over the years, a few movies, a couple plushies, and I was really tempted to get the woven throw they had over Christmas, but I have a collection already. I started collecting points on my original DVD's when they first started it, and I've been earning more as I replaced them all with blu rays. Also the free point grabs, Christmas, Summer, Easter, and the facebook quizzes.

A long time ago they used to have a Sorcerer's Apprentice statue of Mickey on top of the wave. It retails for a couple hundred (I think) in the parks. I just remember it always being too expensive to buy. I think it was also a 25,000 point reward.

I hit the mother load of all finds at the flea market today. I bought 45 Disney CD's of everything. It was a huge mix of soundtracks, Mickey jam CD's, and a select few park CD's. There were a couple from Disneyland/California Adventures and some from Disney World. The best one is a custom Disney World Forever CD with parade music. The Magic Kingdom parade (25th Birthday Celebration), The Christmas Parade, Sorcery in the Sky, and a couple ride songs. And the second best CD is the BGM for the Disney Store in winter of '97. The song selection isn't anything fantastic as it's mostly movie songs, but what it is is the coolest part. I did leave behind a stack of about 20 cd's from Radio Disney.

I've been spending a good amount of time ripping all the discs. Makes me even more thankful for going with the bigger storage on my iPhone. Last night I added The Princess and the Frog to my digital collection and saved it to my phone.

Top Bottom