• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV DLC ‘Episode Gladiolus’ fact sheet

Link.

Square Enix has released the official fact sheet for Final Fantasy XV‘s upcoming downloadable content, “Episode Gladiolus,” detailing its backstory and features.

Get the fact sheet below.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus

Availability – PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store
Pricing – $4.99 (Season Pass also available for $24.99)
Release – March 28, 2017
Future DLC
Episode Prompto (scheduled for June)
Episodie Ignis (release TBD)
Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (TBD)

Backstory

After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis 30 years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors.

Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.

Features

Uncover the story told through Gladiolus’ perspective – While Final Fantasy XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party..
New exhilarating action battle that matches Gladiolus’s character as the King’s Shield – While the main game’s system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new “Valor” and “Rage” system.
New environment – Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
Obtain special items that can be carried over to the main game – By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
New gameplay modes – In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” are available upon completing the episode. These modes offer an added challenge and high replay value for the player.
Sounds cool.

So the Season Pass is $25 which includes three episodes ($5 each) and multiplayer expansion ($10). Where is the saving here? :S

I know I am assuming the price here but is it possible that the other episodes are priced higher because of bigger plans?

So the Season Pass is $25 which includes three episodes ($5 each) and multiplayer expansion ($10). Where is the saving here? :S

I know I am assuming the price here but is it possible that the other episodes are priced higher because of bigger plans?
You get some extra costumes and booster packs.

Berordn

After playing the game I didn't want to drop any money on the season pass, but for five dollars I might dip my toes in again.

Slaythe

If this thing is $5 it must be what, an hour long?

I'm gonna go with 30 minutes of gameplay lmao.

Nah Tabata mentioned in an interview it'll take around 2 to 3 hours.

You always cut dev proposed time in half at minimum. Haven't you guys learned it by now?

Even playign causally, not rushing and spending time to explore and do side content, in most games I never got even close to the time devs proposed to be the "average time to finish the story"...

Looks good. Should get plenty more value from this than XIII-2's DLC.

EDIT: Actually, that DLC was cheaper than I remember. And I really liked Lightning's DLC, come to think of it. Kind of an arcade mode.

But Sazh's DLC was still a massive waste of time. That's what I remember.

Chessr

Should not have bought Season pass then xD
Thought i could save Some money but if they cost only 5 each i have wasted 10 dollars Because I have Zero interest in the mp dlc:(

Oh goodie, I don't really care about multiplayer. Glady will pay the $5 each for the story packs.

If this is just $5, where on earth is $25 of content for the season pass going to show up? Sympathies to people who pre-ordered it. Had been assuming these would be $10-15 each.

Ruff

I'm gonna be picking it up but i'll be highly surprised if there is anything other than reskinned enemies for this price, except for maybe the boss. Doesn't get me excited really.

If this is just $5, where on earth is $25 of content for the season pass going to show up? Sympathies to people who pre-ordered it. Had been assuming these would be $10-15 each.
1. If you read some of the posts in this thread, it was explained and speculated.

2. Isn't it a good thing that it's 5 dollars? It's cheap and allows more people to spend money on it since is not Fallout 4 DLC levels of expensive.

1. If you read some of the posts in this thread, it was explained and speculated.

2. Isn't it a good thing that it's 5 dollars? It's cheap and allows more people to spend money on it since is not Fallout 4 DLC levels of expensive.
1) I'm stupid, though a few costumes and accessories still isn't much to write home about.
2) I'm not complaining!

sappyday

Is FFXV still relevant enough to cash-in on anything at this point?

Legitimately just asking.
No not really. Those that defend the game will say it is but it honestly isn't. The year has been great at releasing new games that did what FFXV wanted to do but a lot better, from Horizon to Square's own Nier Automata.

I'm gonna eventually replay FFXV down the line with all the patches and DLC and hope it comes close to what I hoped it would have been, because it was not too long ago where this game was the game I wanted most in my life.

FingerBang

Well, finished the game and quit before getting a few trophies for the platinum. 5$ makes me want to buy it, don't care how shitty it is.

Also, it might be even longer than 2/3 hours, thinking of all the stuff that was scrapped from the final game (according to the (in)famous 4chan (or was it reddit?) post).

Top Bottom