• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Code Veronica rated for PS4 by German USK

Gurish

A pretty big RE fan right here, played almost all of the mainline entries, didn't like RE6 at all, REmake is my favorite, will I love Veronica? never got to play it.

A pretty big RE fan right here, played almost all the mainline entries, didn't like RE6 at all, REmake is my favorite, will I love Veronica? never got to play it.

It was one of the last games in the traditional style. I loved it and played it through many times.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
By this rate Capcom could give us some cheap PSone ports of RE2 & 3 as well (with trophy support) just for the sake of getting all RE titles to the PS4.

Do it Capcom, you know you want to.

Archtreyz

Hey where is that list for dumb people who bought games more than once? It looks like I'm going to have to add something to it.

Jawmuncher

A pretty big RE fan right here, played almost all of the mainline entries, didn't like RE6 at all, REmake is my favorite, will I love Veronica? never got to play it.

You'll get some enjoyment of it. Just go in knowing it's not as tight an experience as REmake

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It aged pretty badly optically (worse than the PSone entries actually) but it's classic RE. Story is pretty cool as well. I think you'll dig it.

Santar

Woohoo!
I've been wanting to replay this for a while now, but was holding off for a ps3 sale.
Haven't really played this since it came out on the Dreamcast so looling forward to finally playing trogh the X version.

Hopefully we'll get a physical version too, and without the need for day 1 patches. Fix your game BEFORE you release it, not after.

Rymuth

Welp, there it is. The most boringest Resident Evil of them all.

Good on Capcom for getting as many titles on as they can on current gen, i suppose.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Stop the Steve hate folks. He was pretty dope.... sometimes. ;-)

Wonder why Capcom never brought him back. Kinda wasted the love story here.

venom473

I never understood why this was banned in Germany.
Guess we're going to get all the Resident Evil ports for every console in the foreseeable future, not even mad.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I never got the hate for the difficulty, I'm a gamer of average skill (at best), and never had a problem with CV. I always play RE games cautiously, so that may have helped, but I didn't notice anything particularly harsh in CV. The plane boss took a couple of try's alright, but nothing more extreme that most other RE bosses.

A tip for those yet to play it: SAVE YOUR GAS GRENADE ROUNDS, the green ones, they make mincemeat out of him.

Underrated? I'd say it's the most overrated.
Underrated would be RE3, and how everyone calls it a pointless sequel. Despite adding more gameplay elements than CVX did to the original formula. Yeah

From my experience RE3 is fairly fondly remembered by most and receives little of the vitriolic hate that CV does.

Boy, I remember this game looking rough on PS3 because they didn't touch up any of the textures. Imagine 480p(?) textures stretched to their limits on a 4k TV...
Anyway, this is a game I always wanted to like but never really did. I can't even really put my finger on things about this game I don't like (other than Steve of course) I've just never have been a huge fan of this game (though I like it more than Nemesis).

Gurish

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Excellent. Hope we also get the two chronicles games after this.

Would love for them to make VR versions

Boy, I remember this game looking rough on PS3 because they didn't touch up any of the textures. Imagine 480p(?) textures stretched to their limits on a 4k TV...
Anyway, this is a game I always wanted to like but never really did. I can't even really put my finger on things about this game I don't like (other than Steve of course) I've just never have been a huge fan of this game (though I like it more than Nemesis).

Of all of the various RE ports I have played over the years, CV on PS3 was probably the biggest eyesore at first, but after 5 mins and that awesome music it all goes away.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Ya but new lighting tho

Parsnip

Sure, I'll buy the PC version.
It was only a matter of time since they ported the game to MTF for the HD version. Surprised it didn't happen sooner to be honest.

massucci

Banned
One of the worst Resi games, but still needed for ps4 completion. Hope it comes out on pc too.
Uh? I think it's far better of RE3. If I'm not wrong it's the unofficial RE3 (Sony brought the sequel rights but the real third chapter should to be code Veronica on DC).

joms5

Code Veronica is so amazing. Was really hoping we'd get a physical release for the HD version on PS3.

Hope this makes it's way to PC some day. Then I would have most of the series in one place.

Capcom's been doing quite well with their re-releases.

groansey

It used to by my favourite for a long time but after replaying the whole series recently I didn't enjoy it quite as much as REmake and 2. Better than 0 though and a whole lot better than 3

E3 I would think we'll finally see something of it

I think Zero might be better than Code Veronica.

I'm not a fan of the arctic base section of CV.

Markitron

Uh? I think it's far better of RE3. If I'm not wrong it's the unofficial RE3 (Sony brought the sequel rights but the real third chapter should to be code Veronica on DC).

This isn't actually true, I'd explain it myself but I'm fairly certain Newsbot is on his way to correct you. This kind of post summons him like a bat signal.

Semajer

This isn't actually true, I'd explain it myself but I'm fairly certain Newsbot is on his way to correct you. This kind of post summons him like a bat signal.

I'm sure he would, but I think he's dead. I had a conversation with him previously, and I'm pretty sure he said the Resident Evil series has never had any formal exclusivity contracts.

EDIT: By dead I mean banned, not deceased.

Markitron

I'm sure he would, but I think he's dead. I had a conversation with him previously, and I'm pretty sure he said the Resident Evil series has never had any formal exclusivity contracts.

EDIT: By dead I mean banned, not deceased.

Lol at the edit, you had me thinking there. What was he banned for, and more importantly who is gonna be our resident 'RE:CV is the real RE3' debunker now?

I nominate Neff.

I strongly disliked CV back in the day, never even made it past the halfway mark. I'm willing to give it another shot though if the price is right.

Curious to see if there will be any particular graphical improvements outside of high resolution possibly, doubtful, no?

Markitron

I strongly disliked CV back in the day, never even made it past the halfway mark. I'm willing to give it another shot though if the price is right.

Curious to see if there will be any particular graphical improvements outside of high resolution possibly, doubtful, no?

It's going to be an uprezzed version of the PS3 version, it would require a lot of work for any significant improvement.

Vashetti

Banned
Welp. Buying all these in a digital PS3 sale turned out to be pointless

RE6, Revelations 1, RE4, Code Veronica

I'm assuming the two Chronicles games will come at some point too.

Top Bottom