• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bizazedo

Just came back to the game due to Destiny 2 (hah). It's odd, it feels like my Peacekeepers as Mesa don't last nearly as long as they used to. Obviously some under the hood changes happened or they nerfed the F out of my favorite frame.

I forget how to play, too :(.

Is there a PS4 clan?

Gattsu25

Banned
It's being completed redone soon. Already is on PC, so we'll get it in 4-6 weeks.
It's not been completely redone.

Each focus tree has a central "main attack" ability that you now get for "free" when you unlock that focus tree. They changed the shape and nodes within each tree. That's it. All the rest of the system is the same (the stuff that needed to be changed IMO like making the focus lenses anything but what they currently are).

IvorB

Shimmering Blight is the right polarity. Dropped by all varieties of Grineer Seekers. Any mid to high level Grineer defense or survival should be good...or ask in the clan chat. I'll give you one if you catch me online.

Thanks for helping out with the mod, Frizby. I was able to finally get a melee weapon I liked up to the stage of installing a catalyst.

In terms of new stuff: I've finished levelling my Tiberion and Supra. I liked them both but not sure they are special enough to take further. I made some Grineer sniper rifle by mistake which was a waste. And nearly made a Lanka by mistake also which would have been rough. It's crazy they don't mention in the codex that they are sniper rifles or maybe I missed that. I should be able to rank up next time I log on and I think I see a great new primary I can try at the new rank.

For secondary, I am trying out the Marelock and enjoying it.

For frames: I've got Chroma and Nezha in the oven for when I get on next. I laboured a long while to create this Chroma but I think I am looking forward to Nezha more.

Also got attacked by two separate death squads last night in back-to-back missions. First the Red Veil sent people after me then the Stalker showed up. Totally forgot cool stuff like that happens and it's always great.

le.phat

Hey, returning warframe player here. I decided to reinstall the game on a whim and was surprised at the amount of new stuff happening in the game. A little overwhelmed even. Still, the game clicked fairly hard for me and I want to pick it up again. What is the go-to site/community for news and guides on this game?

Also, may I have a seat in the GAF clan?

frizby

If you need a clan invite, please post your PSN.

Also, a reminder that ANY clan member can send invites. The only limit is space, which I clear frequently. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've played a lot over the weekend, and I really can't believe how fun this game is. I should have given it more of a chance a few years ago. I feel like I need a PS4 pro, though, as the screen slows down a bit when there's a crapload of enemies and my team and I are just firing and exploding everything.

Man the Warframe subreddit can get annoying with the constant Zenurik complaining. I've not once felt crippled without its energy refresh yet people are campaigning to make it available all of the time. The only time energy ever seems to run dry is when I'm stuck solo as Ember in an Interception or Defense, but even then I just click WoF off until I find enough energy orbs, or if I'm against Grineer I find a flame type enemy to let BBQ me for awhile.

As a "Zerunik" player, I like to drain my energy nonstop so I rarely use my guns now, its fun but I guess I have to shoot sometimes and go with the game's flow.

Did DE nerfed the energy regen passive on PoE?

Tabby

As a "Zerunik" player, I like to drain my energy nonstop so I rarely use my guns now, its fun but I guess I have to shoot sometimes and go with the game's flow.

Not so much nerfed as it is just different.

Instead of turning it on once, it creates a bubble when you void dash. Going into the bubble let’s you regen for X seconds.

VandalD

At max rank of energizing dash, you will regenerate 5 energy per second for 30 seconds after touching the bubble. It's still very nice for when you're not channeling. It just requires a little bit of work on your part now instead of being passive, with the bonus of it working on your squad too if they touch the bubble. Zenurik also has a passive that gives you some energy regeneration when you pick up an energy orb, so it's still very good for more power focused play. I would say it's even better now.

At max rank of energizing dash, you will regenerate 5 energy per second for 30 seconds after touching the bubble. It's still very nice for when you're not channeling. It just requires a little bit of work on your part now instead of being passive, with the bonus of it working on your squad too if they touch the bubble. Zenurik also has a passive that gives you some energy regeneration when you pick up an energy orb, so it's still very good for more power focused play. I would say it's even better now.

Not so much nerfed as it is just different.

Instead of turning it on once, it creates a bubble when you void dash. Going into the bubble let’s you regen for X seconds.

So I have to move and the efficiency node is a must now. Cool cant wai to play PoE Mag Babydoll skin

MrDaravon

2 general questions:

-Do activites scale in enemy difficulty or anything like that based on number of players? I'm sometimes joining activities that I'm doing jackshit to really help the team damage/kill-wise, and doesn't seem to generally be an issue but I want to make sure I'm not making it harder for folks.

-Very generally speaking at the early game when I'm leveling up weapons that kinda suck, how do you work around that gameplay-wise, especially when it's your primary? Like right now I'm trying to knock out the MK1 bow and it kinda sucks, but it's also my primary. I don't feel like I have super amazing secondary/melee options yet, but I'm assuming generally speaking that's how you get around it, is just have your other two options kinda carry you? It's probably an early-game thing, but I don't seem to get enough Energy to use my abilities as much as I'd like, and I thought that would be a bigger thing in this regard. I'm still very early though so that may be part of it. I'm constantly seeing randoms doing crazy shit that I have zero understanding of!

frizby

Invites sent.

Clan is pretty full, so if any current clan members have been offline for a bit, now would be a good time to log in.

Kas

Thank you very much for the invite. What exactly does being in a clan do? I put some money into the treasury, but is there any other way I can help out the clan?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you very much for the invite. What exactly does being in a clan do? I put some money into the treasury, but is there any other way I can help out the clan?

There's a fair amount of stuff that's clan only. frames, weapons, archwing etc Being in a clan lets you get them from the various keyosks at the dojo. As for contributing when new updates come out and new clan tech is released if you go to the dojo the new stuff will list x amount of credits/resources need to fund the item. Once done, after 3 days you can get the bp and build it in your foundry. I wouldn't worry about contributing or not as all the research is typically funded by the vets right away but if you see it's not and want to add something by all means.

IvorB

2 general questions:

-Very generally speaking at the early game when I'm leveling up weapons that kinda suck, how do you work around that gameplay-wise, especially when it's your primary? Like right now I'm trying to knock out the MK1 bow and it kinda sucks, but it's also my primary. I don't feel like I have super amazing secondary/melee options yet, but I'm assuming generally speaking that's how you get around it, is just have your other two options kinda carry you? It's probably an early-game thing, but I don't seem to get enough Energy to use my abilities as much as I'd like, and I thought that would be a bigger thing in this regard. I'm still very early though so that may be part of it. I'm constantly seeing randoms doing crazy shit that I have zero understanding of!

Well, I guess you could either do really low level stuff where it wouldn't matter so much. Or you could focus first on finding a good primary and secondary that you like and building them as best you can. Then you will have the flexibility to level other random weapons as required. It does kind of work best when you can lean on at least one of your weapon types to carry the ones you are levelling up. Also you having a good 'main' weapon set will be useful if you need to do an alert or something that's a bit higher level.

Or you could just let other players carry you and live with the depressing post-game stats ha ha.

For frame energy this is down to mods: Streamline and the one that increases your total (forget the name) should help.

Is it worth using formas to level up syndicates?

Yeah. Eventually forma will become really easy to acquire, and maxing out three syndicate is a means to make platinum by selling mods/weapons to other players. Just make sure you stick to the three allied syndicates (technically you maintain favor with four).

MrDaravon

I have failed this goddamn Spy story mission where it's a requirement that you get all 3 codices like 4 fucking times now and it's really starting to piss me off. Maybe I'm super dumb but I swear to god the puzzle at the databases is miles more difficult than anything else up to this point, as in I literally don't even have enough time to turn all of the pieces before it runs out of time. Having a complete hard failstate on a STORY stealth mission for not solving a puzzle quick enough is really fucking dumb.

Used-ID

I have failed this goddamn Spy story mission where it's a requirement that you get all 3 codices like 4 fucking times now and it's really starting to piss me off. Maybe I'm super dumb but I swear to god the puzzle at the databases is miles more difficult than anything else up to this point, as in I literally don't even have enough time to turn all of the pieces before it runs out of time. Having a complete hard failstate on a STORY stealth mission for not solving a puzzle quick enough is really fucking dumb.

Build ciphers in the foundry. I keep my sock of them around at around 20. They take 60 seconds to build, and clear those damned corpus puzzles as soon as you hit the triangle button.

It was the only way I made it through that mission.

MrDaravon

Build ciphers in the foundry. I keep my sock of them around at around 20. They take 60 seconds to build, and clear those damned corpus puzzles as soon as you hit the triangle button.

It was the only way I made it through that mission.

Yeah I just found the blueprint for Ciphers, I swear I looked in the store before and didn't see it, don't know how I missed it. This mission is dumb. I tried doing it two more times after I posted with randoms, let the randoms do the vaults and both times someone failed the first one.

Maybe I'm super dumb but I swear to god the puzzle at the databases is miles more difficult than anything else up to this point, as in I literally don't even have enough time to turn all of the pieces before it runs out of time.

The terminal hacks are indeed more difficult than doors/alarms. There's also a mod that increases the time given to hack a console. I used it when I began to learn spies on my own.

Keep and eye out for this as a long term solution and save some credits. Drops from Corrupted heavies (Bombard, Heavy Gunner, Nullifier). Its an older picture, but this mod will fit into an Exilus slot if you have an open one.

So I think I'm finally stuck. I can't beat most of the 30+ level missions. I can't progress past Pluto.
I have both health and shield mods maxed out. I have all my weapon damage mods maxed out besides the rifle because it's too damn expensive.
Where do I go from here?

Me and a bunch of friends are going to jump into this after being burned out on D2. We need something to grind.

A few questions.

Does this game have pro support? Does it allow mouse and keyboard on PS4? Is there a a good “getting started” guide for newbies out there?

Thanks!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Me and a bunch of friends are going to jump into this after being burned out on D2. We need something to grind.

A few questions.

Does this game have pro support? Does it allow mouse and keyboard on PS4? Is there a a good “getting started” guide for newbies out there?

Thanks!

I am also a recent D2 refugee :)

I don't have a Pro yet, but I read that it does indeed benefit from Pro, but there's no specific upgrade for it. I don't think KB/M are used, but it's more of an action game than a FPS, so I'm not sure a KB/M would be better.

Here's the beginner's guide I used: http://metadragon.de/warframe-beginners-guide/

But even if you read it all, it's still super confusing and there's basically no hand holding at any point. It took me a while before I understood enough to get by, and I'm still looking things up every day. There's so much more going on than in Destiny, which is extremely simplistic by comparison.

I am also a recent D2 refugee :)

I don't have a Pro yet, but I read that it does indeed benefit from Pro, but there's no specific upgrade for it. I don't think KB/M are used, but it's more of an action game than a FPS, so I'm not sure a KB/M would be better.

Here's the beginner's guide I used: http://metadragon.de/warframe-beginners-guide/

But even if you read it all, it's still super confusing and there's basically no hand holding at any point. It took me a while before I understood enough to get by, and I'm still looking things up every day. There's so much more going on than in Destiny, which is extremely simplistic by comparison.

I appreciate all of this! Thank you!

Briarios

So I think I'm finally stuck. I can't beat most of the 30+ level missions. I can't progress past Pluto.
I have both health and shield mods maxed out. I have all my weapon damage mods maxed out besides the rifle because it's too damn expensive.
Where do I go from here?

Start switching your loadouts to match the weaknesses of your enemies; that should get you through a little easier. Also, what frame are you running with? Are you running solo or in a squad?

Where do I go from here?

What node is blocking you? PUGs should be able to get you through most except a few that nobody seems to run. In the meantime are there any quests you haven't complete or are you missing any frames that you're able to get? Took me a good while to progress through the whole star chart because I'd stop to acquire new frames/weapons when I could. Also I think Magnetic (cold+electricity) on your weapons might help, and toxin if you've room for a third element.

Start switching your loadouts to match the weaknesses of your enemies; that should get you through a little easier. Also, what frame are you running with? Are you running solo or in a squad?

I just started using Nova. I'm also playing solo.

What node is blocking you? PUGs should be able to get you through most except a few that nobody seems to run. In the meantime are there any quests you haven't complete or are you missing any frames that you're able to get? Took me a good while to progress through the whole star chart because I'd stop to acquire new frames/weapons when I could. Also I think Magnetic (cold+electricity) on your weapons might help, and toxin if you've room for a third element.

I guess I should have worded it better. I'm not exactly stuck. I can get farther but barely. I just can't do a lot of missions solo anymore. Especially when you have to hold a point.

Briarios

I just started using Nova. I'm also playing solo.

I guess I should have worded it better. I'm not exactly stuck. I can get farther but barely. I just can't do a lot of missions solo anymore. Especially when you have to hold a point.

Try Frost for holding a point. Actually, if you link your account to twitch prime right now you can get a Frost Prime and a Soma Prime for free.

But, Frost is a great solo frame.

bobohoro

Can confirm that Frost makes missions where you have to hold a point fairly easy. Snow Globe is amazing, even for assassination missions, since you can either use it to tank boss attacks, or trap fast bosses inside to easier targed their weakspots.
And Avalanche is a nice panic button when you get overwhelmed.

I am finishing up Oberon right now. Like Nyx, he feels like a frame that reaaaally needs more endgame mods and a potato to reach acceptable levels of power. So I'll shelf him for now.
Got Trinity, Rhino and Loki in the foundry, unsure who to take out. Will probably try Loki to have something for stealth missions.

I'm also getting closer to the end of the starchart and War Within. The Second Dream was already a pretty nice change of pace, can't wait for what lies ahead.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Is there a way to see what parts of a warframe I've already built?

If you have built it, and claimed it from the foundry, you could always check your inventory to see if it is there. Or, if the blueprint is still in your codex, it will light up and have a check by it if it is built and the entire warframe is not. Hopefully that makes sense.

arimanius

If you have built it, and claimed it from the foundry, you could always check your inventory to see if it is there. Or, if the blueprint is still in your codex, it will light up and have a check by it if it is built and the entire warframe is not. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. I looked at components and didn't see them. I'll have to find the inventory screen.

I was trying to see if I had all the parts to build Rhino yesterday and I didn't realize I needed to buy the main blueprint off the market place. So I found out it also will also list if you have the needed components to build it in the marketplace blueprint screen.

Once Rhino is built I'll have used up my warframe slots. Is the only way to get more slots to buy them?

frizby

Started playing again after a 3 year absence.
Doesn't feel like much has changed.

Did the old GAF clan dojo died out?

If you’re playing for the first time in 3 years and haven’t noticed any changes, that’s just...confusing. At a minimum, I’d hope you’d notice entirely new parkour and melee systems...never mind all the new quests and tile sets.

Our clan is probably one of the healthiest in the game.

frizby

Once Rhino is built I'll have used up my warframe slots. Is the only way to get more slots to buy them?

Yup. You’ll have to earn or buy plat. It’s the only thing you should spend starter or ps plus plat on.

Luckily, earning enough plat on the market to keep yourself in slots should be easy, and for now deleting frames you don’t care for that have prime versions should clear some space.

Top Bottom