• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink becomes F2P 6 years later(well, effectively free since there's not much to buy)

Spectone

I was so interested in this but never bought it when it was released, probably due to bad reviews.

There are probably more people playing the original Quake and Unreal Tournament than Brink and Lawbreakers.

CkGp3wK.png

LJOzRtb.png

Incredible.

I thought i just saw on Twitter or somewhere, Brink has higher concurrent player count right now than LB and Battleborn combined.

Yikes.

Belker

Map design.

I partially agree, in that it felt like the maps were puzzles that had specific solutions that required proper coordination.

You couldn't easily fluke your way into a win, in Brink. It was difficult enough for me playing with a group that coordinated, it must have been utterly frustrating for solo players.

While I don't have any real ill will towards Brink as a game, there's also no reason to play it (even for free) considering Dirty Bomb exists and is the same style of shooter, by the same devs, and is pretty much better in most ways. I will say I really dug the unique style of characters in Brink.

Moobabe

While I don't have any real ill will towards Brink as a game, there's also no reason to play it (even for free) considering Dirty Bomb exists and is the same style of shooter, by the same devs, and is pretty much better in most ways. I will say I really dug the unique style of characters in Brink.

We certainly think it's better in most ways as well!

derFeef

Yeah Dirty Bomb is basically Brink 2 or Quake Wars 2 or Enemy Territory 2...
I have my issues with DB tho like with all of their games but it's far better than Brink for sure.
Y'all should play Lawbreakers, it's pretty good

CamHostage

Everything about this game's design sounded and looked promising and intriguing.

Everything about this game's execution is the exact opposite.

One of the biggest gaming disappointments to me. I doubt it'll keep new players playing, at all.

Tragic. I loved the concept of its traversal, but I've heard nothing but hate for the actual game. I do still want to play it and see for myself. Maybe I should just buy Titanfall 2 again...

While I don't have any real ill will towards Brink as a game, there's also no reason to play it (even for free) considering Dirty Bomb exists and is the same style of shooter, by the same devs, and is pretty much better in most ways.

Playing Dirty Bomb would probably be a smart alternative, although DB is only online play, correct?

Splash Damage has this special set of fans who've been bitching about their games not being free 'anymore' since Enemy Territory. I wonder if they're jumping in now!

Top Bottom