• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Kalentan

Yep, bringing along the Legendary Kendall that grants perks at every 75th zombie kill is also a pretty good idea. In later waves you're basically guaranteed a perk every other wave, which is really nice. Akimbo, extended mags, laser sight. Don't bother with auto-sear or you'll burn through your ammo.
Get a good trap like the sentry turret and pack a punch the starting pistol and bomb stoppers perk and it can be done

I do have that Kendall... Didn't ever think of pack-a-punching it... Hm...

Rave in the redwoods theme for ps4 is now available

It's pretty nice!

I hope assault rifle and LMG nerfs are coming soon so SMGs and shotguns will have a chance to compete. Slower sprint-out times, folks. That's not all SMGs and shotguns need, but it's a damn good start. It'd certainly take down the RAW a notch if it couldn't be used like an SMG. Reducing ADS times for assault rifles and LMGs would also make SMGs a more ideal choice for CQB playstyles.

Javes

I hope assault rifle and LMG nerfs are coming soon so SMGs and shotguns will have a chance to compete. Slower sprint-out times, folks. That's not all SMGs and shotguns need, but it's a damn good start. It'd certainly take down the RAW a notch if it couldn't be used like an SMG. Reducing ADS times for assault rifles and LMGs would also make SMGs a more ideal choice for CQB playstyles.

Sure, the RAW could use a nerf, but SMGs are very powerful especially after the recent buff to aim assist range. The Erad and HVR absolutely destroy right now and are top tier guns. However, it is quite infuriating to get killed by an NV4 up close while using an SMG.

Sure, the RAW could use a nerf, but SMGs are very powerful especially after the recent buff to aim assist range. The Erad and HVR absolutely destroy right now and are top tier guns. However, it is quite infuriating to get killed by an NV4 up close while using an SMG.

I'm just saying they need a reduction to their sprint-out and ADS times. For assault rifles, the ADS nerf shouldn't be huge. But LMGs shouldn't be able to snap to their sights as quick as an SMG or pistol. That's just nonsense "balance".

Javes

Yeah I hear ya. The Volk is basically outclassed in every way by the RAW. Sprint out/ADS nerf on LMGs should work to fix that.

Seriously, where the hell is the Banshee in single player. Its supposed to be a random spawn weapon for shotgun enemies, but every single time I have selected a mission from mission select, it never appears. Its the last god damn weapon I have missing :|

Kalentan

So yeah. Didn't realize the Kendall kicked so much ass... So does getting that bombstopper maker make it so you don't take damage from it? I had to do the Seti-Com in the basement and died due to the zombies piling up and the kendall doing splash damage onto me.

Bingo. Bombstoppers are the PHD Flopper with all of the PHD and none of the Flopper. Pair those Quickies and Tuff 'Nuff and you've got yourself an unstoppable loadout... until you run out of ammo. Four players taking turns on that in the EE can make the SetiCom segments fly right by.

How likely is it for IW to get single player DLC? As in, new missions.

Also, is COD: Advance Warfare worth £10-£15? I would only play the campaign. I loved Infinite Warfare but I hadn't played any COD since MW2.

Also, is COD: Advance Warfare worth £10-£15? I would only play the campaign. I loved Infinite Warfare but I hadn't played any COD since MW2.

Whilst it would be nice there is pretty much 0% chance of single player DLC. Activision know the audience only stays for the multiplayer. If they ever did do it in the future it would probably be something they bang on about well in advance of launch.

The Advance Warfare campaign is pretty well regarded and obviously there are still people playing online if you wanted to dabble in that too. I personally prefer Ghosts campaign to AW.

kuYuri

Apparently, they patched the game recently to normalize the sprint out time across weapon classes. SMGs, shotguns, pistols have the default fastest times, not including Gung Ho.

Kalentan

Bingo. Bombstoppers are the PHD Flopper with all of the PHD and none of the Flopper. Pair those Quickies and Tuff 'Nuff and you've got yourself an unstoppable loadout... until you run out of ammo. Four players taking turns on that in the EE can make the SetiCom segments fly right by.

I'm wondering if a good combo is the Kendall and the HVR - Gemini.

Edit: Managed to get to the third Seti-Com this time. Got overwhelmed and died... Need a sentry or two for that.

ekgrey

Hey all, so after Y2Kev's post comparing IW to Mass Effect, I decided it was time to play my first CoD since Ghosts. I grabbed it from Redbox and have only done a couple story missions and a handful of side missions but goddamn, I am really impressed. Hoping to get an answer to a question, though.

I'm digging this enough to purchase it and given that the Legacy Edition seems to be on sale everywhere, I figure I might as well grab that so I can replay MW, which I haven't done in years. I've read that on XB1, both games are included on the disc, so there's no code to be redeemed (though some kind of unlock download is required.)

Just to be 100% before I blow my month's gaming budget, I assume this means that I can buy a used copy and be able to play MW:R, right?

Thanks y'all.

There's been one Call of Duty game released in the last ten years to get additional singleplayer content, and that was Modern Warfare 3. And those were technically just co-op Spec Ops missions.

I'm wondering if a good combo is the Kendall and the HVR - Gemini.

Edit: Managed to get to the third Seti-Com this time. Got overwhelmed and died... Need a sentry or two for that.

Gemini are powerful in the early rounds, but not great for headshots in the later rounds. You'll burn through your ammunition really quickly starting at roughly round 20 or so.

shanafan

I'm digging this enough to purchase it and given that the Legacy Edition seems to be on sale everywhere, I figure I might as well grab that so I can replay MW, which I haven't done in years. I've read that on XB1, both games are included on the disc, so there's no code to be redeemed (though some kind of unlock download is required.)

Just to be 100% before I blow my month's gaming budget, I assume this means that I can buy a used copy and be able to play MW:R, right?

Thanks y'all.

Nope. There is still a code needed for the initial install of MWR, and then you need the disc to play.

Kalentan

Yip - he's tweeted to confirm (although the link he had has vanished)

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/823925340841996288

Looks good and I wonder if you could combine things in later DLC , so we have The Hoff / Smith / + 2 others ?

Most likely. And like Hoff, you can probably play Smith once you complete the EE.

I made a thread. About the DLC, like I did with Zombies in Spaceland and BO3's Zombies DLC. Will update it with any more info we get. Probably also to discuss the Stream.

Man though. Were the credits necessary IW? I think this has passed BO2 on my favorite Cod campaign list (under 4 oc) . This doesn't feel like a cash grab. Interstellar the game aside. The space sections remind me of Star fox. Damn good all around.

The zombie mode is also damn good.

Jarrod38

Over at IW reddit someone posted a rumor that in the PC files they made add variant killstreaks behind Supply Drops. Fuck that shit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Over at IW reddit someone posted a rumor that in the PC files they made add variant killstreaks behind Supply Drops. Fuck that shit.

Ugh, that reminds me of one thing I don't like about what they've been doing with variants. Many of the weapons have weaknesses that are too harsh and could do with a buff. Instead of doing that at a base gun level, they add new variants to "solve" those problems. R3K Spearhead (reduced burst delay), KBS-Longbow Big Brother & Harbinger (minimap stays while ADS & faster rechamber), Rack-9 Lance (tighter spread while ADS) Hailstorm Thunder (reduced burst delay and auto burst) and so on and so forth.

Now I'm imagining something like a Trinity Rocket variant that makes the streak feel more consistent, rather than just changing some of its functionality (don't highlight players who have spawn protection, for one) to make it better at the base level.

It's a really poor way to go about buffing weaker weapons and equipment.

If you buy the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition today, is MW remastered then still available? How does that work? It's not on the disc, right?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If you buy the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition today, is MW remastered then still available? How does that work? It's not on the disc, right?

MW Remastered isn't a limited time thing, it's just not included with the basic version of Infinite Warfare. Legacy Edition should get you it fine. I'm not sure about it being on the disc though, 'cause I bought mine digital. I think it might be a code you redeem on the store.

Hoodbury

Does the challenge to get 15 kills in a row not register correctly? I went 15-0 last night to start a match and it didn't unlock for me.

Kalentan

New update out.

Over 1gb.

Seems to fix some Camos. (Noticed the flags looked a lot better)
They added the menu selection for Combat Records and Leaderboards although you still can't click them.
They also added a medals menu so you can see what medals you have and how many times you have gotten said medal and even how many medals you have total.
Also they added Hyper Team Deathmatch which reduces cool-down on payloads. So good mode probably to get those payload challenges/mission team objectives.

kuYuri

Another big addition is 50 more levels for Missions Teams, which allow you to earn more MKII weapon variants and extra salvage.

Kalentan

Mission Team Ranks:

Each Mission Team now goes up to Rank 100! Once you hit that level 50 rank, you'll go on to chase after a Commander rank until you reach Mission Team Commander Rank 100!
New ranks better rewards, so Commander Ranks will reward you MKII versions of Mission Team-only Prototype weapons once achieved. You can also craft more! Commander Ranks reward salvage every level you rank up as long as that level isn't giving you a MKII Prototype reward.

Features Update:

Leaderboards – Before 1/31
Combat Record – Late February
Emblem Editor – Late February
Featured Content and What's New:

2XP and 2X Weapon XP in MP and Zombies until February 3rd (all platforms)
Hyper Team Deathmatch until February 3rd: Payload charge rates are bumped to 7x their normal speed (all platforms)
Call of Duty World League Personalization Pack
Barracks now include a section for Medals

General Fixes:

Added ability for both splitscreen players to change their own Missions in the lobby before a match starts
Safeguard against jitter mod exploits
Defender: Fix for exploit that could occur if a player using Rewind spawns on a newly spawned Defender drone, allowing the player to carry their gun as they carry the drone
Adjusted Taunt menu to wrap to the bottom of the list
During the final killcam, the team emblem shown was the emblem of the user who died rather than the player who got the kill. This has been fixed.
Hardcore Search and Destroy: Fix for ”Friendly Fire is not Tolerated" displaying after every round for the remainder of the game
Added ability to equip Calling Card and emblem after acquiring them from a Supply Drop
Camo challenges involving Direct Impact kills with the Howitzer were not tracking. This has been fixed.
Various updates to weapon camos
Fix for players SPM not being calculated correctly in some instances
Camo adjustment for the MK2 R3k not covering the right side of the weapon
Allow players to skip Mission Team videos even if it's their first time seeing them
Fix for the KBS Harbinger reload animation playing twice while holding down both triggers
Fixed an issue where the Jammer Grenade was not damaging scorestreaks correctly
Fixed an error a player would receive when attempting to edit a class with the OSA
Fix for an issue where players with akimbo weapons were immune to the Steel Dragon

CWL/CODCASTER:

Fix for team colors not appearing the proper shade
Added CWL specific game mode icons
Fix for Cold Blooded not affecting Thermal Scope for Casters (Xbox)
Adjusted the position of the gamemode icon so the Uplink image does not stretch
Removing the required number of players for CWL matches
Allow for multiple casters in the same lobby
SOURCE: Infinity Ward

Nice patch! Also did it buff the Ripper? There's no mention at it but the Ripper feels a lot more accurate in SMG mode than before.

Edit: After playing with it more, the Ripper in SMG mode has a little less recoil and the AR mode seems to shoot a little bit faster.

Another big addition is 50 more levels for Missions Teams, which allow you to earn more MKII weapon variants and extra salvage.
Pumped about this. I've been at a stalemate with Mission Teams for a while, but enjoyed working towards ranking 50. If I can get some MKll out of the deal now, that's even better.

Kalentan

Pumped about this. I've been at a stalemate with Mission Teams for a while, but enjoyed working towards ranking 50. If I can get some MKll out of the deal now, that's even better.

Should be noted that the 50+ levels will take some time... Over 20k per level. I hope the amount of salvage you get per level is a lot (250 ~ 500).

Also when you pause the game, you can see how much exp you need to level. Small thing, but I like that.

OmegaX0

The camos look like they actually put a modicum of effort into them now, why they didn't just wait to release them until they were ready is beyond me.

Morgoth

Banned
I bought ps4 yesterday and it came with infinite warefare. I entered the code for the zombies cameo but haven't received it. Any bodyelse have that issue?

Top Bottom